• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The future of video games fucking sucks

No, I don’t have proof, I’m just using logic here. I hope I’m wrong though.
I'd rather wait and see how this all pans out and then if it turns out bad then I'll freak out.

Every time MS buys someone people freak out in these threads. Gaming is dead, we're all doomed etc. etc.

There's no need for that. We have far more choices on how we consume games today than we ever did in the past. Subscribe to a service, buy games outright. We have these choices now. It's a good thing and sooner rather than later Sony (and hopefully Nintendo) will jump in too. In my situation I prefer the subscription model as I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of $$$ buying games at full price. Other's prefer to buy a game at full price to own a physical copy. That's their decision but the cool thing is that there's that choice.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'd rather wait and see how this all pans out and then if it turns out bad then I'll freak out.

Every time MS buys someone people freak out in these threads. Gaming is dead, we're all doomed etc. etc.

There's no need for that. We have far more choices on how we consume games today than we ever did in the past. Subscribe to a service, buy games outright. We have these choices now. It's a good thing and sooner rather than later Sony (and hopefully Nintendo) will jump in too. In my situation I prefer the subscription model as I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of $$$ buying games at full price. Other's prefer to buy a game at full price to own a physical copy. That's their decision but the cool thing is that there's that choice.
No reason to freak at all.

Supposedly the partnership deal of Activision stuff goes to 2023 and it's not like MS has yank legacy Bethesda games or anything. They wont to Activision games either.

Will MS yank old games and prevent new games down the line from coming to PS? Maybe. Probably. But nobody knows the details.

At worst case scenario, MS brings out a giant axe and chops off access to old games and all new Bethesda and Activision games in 2023. MS times it so both go together.

Well, that's business. Buy an Xbox or play on PC. Or if MS gets xcloud up in full force, play it on your smartphone. At least there's options.

Movies get dropped off Netflix and go other competing sub plans all the time. And vice versa. I've watched some Marvels stuff on Netflix in the past. But with Disney (I havent checked), they are probably all gone from Netflix and now funneled to Disney+.

makaveli60

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care which company does this, I would say the same if Sony did this for example. And I agree, having choice and options is a good thing. But I’m afraid (based on current trends, not only in the gaming industry) that this is all about taking control away from consumers and the other problems I mentioned before. I just want people to be aware that these companies are not our friends and they always do (almost) everything for their own benefit, even if it doesn’t seem like that at first. But let’s hope for the best.

Top Bottom