• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Future of Bloodborne (Fixes/Tweaks/Additions) * Spoiler Warning *

Fireflu

- Sorry for yet another Bloodborne thread! Iv’e been working on this list for a few weeks and thought it was finally time to share! -

Let me start off by saying that Bloodborne is a phenomenal game and well deserving of the glowing positive reception it has been receiving. However I believe there are still various small tweaks and fixes that could be implemented to make a great game even better. This is by no means a moan at the games shortcomings but instead a list of suggestions that could provide some constructive feedback. With that being said I want to use this thread as a platform to suggest and discuss some changes you would like to see in the game (be it in updates, DLC or a sequel).

First off here is a list of technical issues I believe should be addressed:

- Loading times (I don't think I need to explain this one!)

- Framerate judder/dips. While nowhere near the level of Dark Souls Blight Town there can be the odd hiccup here and there. It's nothing severe but it would be a welcome fix none the less.

- Aliasing/Shimmering. Particularly noticeable on thin objects and geometry such as branches or fences. Not sure if there is a solution for this one as applying more intensive AA methods could potentially make any pre-existing issues with performance even worse.

- Match making. Everyone (myself included) seems to be having a tough time finding matches (for co-op or PvP). It can be particularly frustrating when trying to co-op a chalice dungeon with a friend. Even after setting a password, using the same chalice glyph, standing in the EXACT same spot and synchronising bell ringing it still doesn't want to work the majority of the time. I was hoping match making would improve after a few weeks but it still seems to be very inconsistent.

- Clipping. Ok so this one bugs me in particular but I can understand if you don't care about it. Basically there are a lot of clothing items (and hair in particular) that clip through one another. Of course this is a natural side effect when a game utilizes cloth physics so lavishly but it can become a bit of an eye saw at times. If you keep any weapon on your characters back and are wearing anything that flows or flaps when you run the clipping can be quite severe at times (e.g Ludwig's Holy Blade can be particularly bad). Not sure what to suggest that could fix cloth collision but I would really like FromSoft to address hair clipping/collision issues. This is really only going to be a problem if your character has long/shaggy hair (or a beard) and is particularly apparent on anything with a pronounced collar (so basically 90% of all clothes in the game!). I have some examples of said hair clipping here:

9vrv5Eb.jpg

As you can see it cuts right through the collar. There are two potential fixes for this problem. One is to disable hair physics when wearing certain items of clothing to prevent clipping when in motion. The other (which leads me onto my next point) is to allow us to edit our characters appearance at any point in the game.

- So I believe this should be a feature of ANY RPG that allows character creation. There are not many games I can think of that let us alter the appearance of our character after the initial creation process at the start of the game but I desperately want that to change (Dragons Dogma and Fallout 3 are the only two I can remember right now). I feel like FromSoftwares games in particular suffer from this lack of feature because we are stuck with the characters we make for such a long time and are totally unable to tweak their appearance in any capacity. Perhaps if we were only allowed to edit/modify our characters hair/facial hair and apparel (such as glasses) then it may be an acceptable compromise. It seems like an easy thing to implement into the game and would even make sense in the context of Bloodborne (giving its dreamlike/lucid setting). There is even a mirror in the Hunter's Dream workshop where this feature could be added:

LeRPtCN.jpg

Either that or put an option in the main menu or even give us the option to alter our characters appearance at the start of new game +... This is one feature I would love to see added (even if it meant purchasing it in the form of a DLC).

Now I'll move onto graphical improvements/options I would like to see implemented

- An option to disable chromatic aberration. This has been a highly requested option among a lot of you here and I definitely agree. In case you don't know what chromatic aberration or CA is here are some examples of it being used in Bloodborne:

Y6kzho2.jpg

The main problem with CA in Bloodbornes case is that it seems to emphasise or draw more attention to the aliasing issues I mentioned above. CA adds red/green contrasting colours to the edges of objects (with the intensity increasing the further from the centre). As a result it can make a lot of people dizzy or "blurry eyed" when looking at the edges of the screen. To be honest I don't find CA totally out of place in a game like Bloodborne, when the game revolves around the concept of dreams and such. But FromSoft should still provide us with an option in the menu to disable it if we choose.

- More HUD options. Dark Souls 2 introduced a brilliant new optional feature where the HUD would minimize after a few seconds of inactivity. The HUD would remain in its minimized form until you pressed the attack button (if I recall correctly) so for the most part when you were just running around the HUD would remain compact and discreet. Unfortunately this feature wasn't carried over into Bloodborne which only gives us two options for the HUD, all on or all off. It would be great if they could add an auto hide/minimize feature for the HUD or even just provide an opacity/transparency slider (which would REALLY help with screen burn in!).

- Photo/Filter mode. I really don't expect this to ever come to Bloodborne but after seeing it being added to games like Infamous Second Son, The Last of Us Remastered and more recently The Order 1886 I can't help but feel every current gen game should have this feature. I know given the "always online" functionality of FromSoftwares games it may not be suitable but there is no reason they couldn't make it an offline mode only feature.

- Add item info on loading screens. This one is really odd, for some reason they decided to make Bloodbornes loading screens as bare as possible with just the games logo on display. In past Souls games we were treated to item descriptions or even images of NPCs in the case of Demon's Souls. They always made the loading times slightly more bearable as we had something to read at least. But given how long Bloodbornes loading times can be it just makes the decision to remove any reading material for players all the more perplexing. I understand if they want to remove the risk of any spoilers to the games plot but surely they could have given us something to keep us occupied considering how much we are staring at that black screen and Bloodborne logo. Here’s an example of a DS2 loading screen:

XMO24bj.jpg

Now I will move onto suggestions for possible gameplay improvements:

- Make lamps function like bonfires did in Dark Souls. So in Dark Souls each and every bonfire you encountered would allow you to rest and restock supplies (while re-spawning all enemies), repair your weapons, access your storage box, level up and warp from bonfire to almost every other bonfire. Here's a screen cap of the bonfire menu in Dark Souls:

p86Rhx6.jpg

This was such a convenient system and it puzzled me greatly why it was later removed in Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne. I understand that you didn't have any specific NPC like the Maiden in Black, Emerald Herald or Doll that would handle levelling up in Dark Souls. But it feels odd to refine the system after Demon's Souls then go back to the old system for DS2 and BB. Ideally they could find a way to balance it so that it gives us the convenience of Dark Souls bonfires with the character interaction of the other games. I really like those NPCs in the other games but you just can’t argue with the sheer convenience Dark Souls system brought to the table. Perhaps the best case scenario is if the Doll still retained her purpose as the levelling up NPC and the lamps granted all the remaining features (resting/restocking, repairing, storage, warping). With such long loading times the ability to just warp from lamp to lamp without having to go back to the Hunter's Dream first would be a particularly welcome addition.

- An item that lets us respec our points. This one’s very straight forward, Soul Vessels in Dark Souls 2 let us reset our characters assigned skill points and change them how we saw fit. I thought this worked well in DS2 as Soul Vessels were very hard to come by so the respec process couldn't be done continuously. An item similar to the Soul Vessel would be very welcome in Bloodborne and could be used via the Doll.

- An item that lets us respawn bosses. Again just like another item in Dark Souls 2, Bonfire Aesthetics let you respawn the boss of that area while pushing that entire area into NG+ (or further). It also made certain items and enemies respawn such as crystal lizards which made material farming SO much easier (I'm looking at you Dragon Aerie!). We should therefore we allowed to apply this item to any lamp we encounter in the game so that it functions just like the Bonfire Aesthetics.

- Button remapping. Specifically an option to change the input for certain commands such as jumping. This is only a niggling issue but it wouldn't hurt given the fact that we were allowed to swap the jump command to L3 in DS2.

- Unique visceral attacks/executions for each weapon type. Ok so this one will definitely not be added in any updates (or DLC either probably) but maybe for the inevitable sequel. The visceral "claw gut wrench" attack is pretty fun to pull off in Bloodborne but just imagine how much cooler it would be if each weapon (including guns) had its own unique execution. Although considering the fact that nearly every weapon has an alternate form this may require too much work. Maybe we could have one for slashing weapons, blunt weapons, thrust weapons and guns?

Right that's all the improvements and fixes I can think of for now but please contribute by suggesting what else could be added or changed to make the game even better.

Now I'd like to suggest some ideas for any potential DLC.

- New melee weapons (a TWIN BLADE! it's too perfect to not be a trick weapon, Sickles/Shotels, Halberd, Lance, Anchor with chain, Scissors/Sheers that tear apart or extend into a giant blade, moonlight great sword!)

- New firearms (Gatling gun, cross bow gun? long range rifle with a scope??)

- Weapons that were formally a part of an enemy/boss. Think tail weapons in Dark Souls or boss soul weapons (e.g. Quelaag's Furysword which is literally the leg of her spider body). This is one thing I desperately miss from the Souls games (particularly Dark Souls). It always made each boss encounter all the more exciting as you would spend the fight thinking "what kind of weapon could I get/make from this thing?" They could give us some potentially amazing transformable creature appendage weapons in Bloodborne (from beasts, kin, etc). Of course it would all still have to make sense from a lore perspective. It would be incredible to acquire something as otherworldly as the Kin of the Cosmos (a gun/sword that uses cosmic energy :eek:).

- New clothing/armour (beast pelts, kin pelts!?, basically I want to wear the skin of the thing I just hunted ala Monster Hunter!)

- New NPCs, more lore/story expanding on the Lovecraftian/cosmic god elements.

- An expansion of the lore on Master Willem and Laurence in addition to Great Ones such as Oedon and Kos/Kosm. FromSoftware could potentially give us a DLC in the same vein as Artorias of the Abyss and let us travel back in time to witness key events first hand.

- A TRUE beast mode! This requires little explanation! FromSoftware, we want to turn into beasts! It would be great to have varying levels of beast hood like the stages of hollowing in DS2. The initial rumours of a "beast mode" were unfortunately blown way out of proportion with some people stating that you could become a beast by consuming bad/corrupt blood and avoiding it by only consuming pure blood. This sounded like a cool mechanic and it would be great if it could actually be realised in the future.

- An entire environment set inside or on top of a dead/dormant old Great One. Not much to say about this, I just think it would provide an amazing concept to work from. With the incredible visionaries at FromSoftware I'm sure they could create something truly phenomenal from this idea.

- New covenants. So after the somewhat disappointing lack of purpose with the existing three covenants in Bloodborne I feel this is something they definitely need to add in a future DLC. My idea for this would be to introduce two rival covenants that represent the two different sides of the games world. One covenant would represent the Beasts of Yharnam while the other represents the Kin of the Cosmos. I'm sure FromSoft could have some fun coming up with the design of each of the covenants lead representatives. As both of these covenants would be in direct opposition of one another the purpose of each would be to invade members of the rival covenant, kill them and retrieve a prize (like a Blood Dreg). This prize could then be offered to the covenant leader to progress and rank up. So this is essentially JUST like the dragon covenant in Dark Souls 2 but with two competing factions. The rewards for ranking up could be very substantial too like in DS2. In the dragon covenant you could receive a weapon and items to turn yourself into a humanoid dragon (you could also turn into a dragon through a similar process in Dark Souls). Imagine progressing enough in the beast or kin covenant to transform yourself into a shaggy hair ridden beast man/woman or a slimy, translucent, glowing cosmic being.

- PvP arenas (1v1, 2v2, 3v3). No explanation needed!

- New Chalice Dungeons specifically designed for co-op play with friends. This means the entire dungeon (not just a single floor) is playable from start to finish with a buddy. This also means that said buddy does not have to then replay the entire dungeon again on their save file.

Finally I'd like to suggest some ideas for any potential sequels to Bloodborne.

- So given the surprising turn of events we are put through during the story of Bloodborne we end up discovering that Yharnams beast outbreak is just the mere tip of the iceberg of a much grander threat. After approximately the midpoint of the game the narrative suddenly shifts from being about a viscous plague corrupting the city of Yharnam to cosmic ancient demi god beings known as the Great Ones. These mysterious and powerful Great Ones are said to have travelled through time and space (and dimensions) to arrive in our world where they are worshipped as literal gods and have entire religions built around them.

Now with these cosmic beings essentially becoming the focus of the games narrative I believe there is an enormous amount of flexibility when it comes to deciding on where the franchise could go in a sequel. There is no reason at all why we need to be bound to the Victorian inspired aesthetic or the Gothic Hammer horror tropes we encounter in the game. In my mind it would be incredible if a sequel to Bloodborne took us somewhere TOTALLY different.

For example an Eastern/Oriental landscape where we are tasked to hunt down Oni/demons. Or a dystopian gothic sci-fi wasteland that has been ravaged by a mysterious catastrophe (the idea of a sci-fi Souls/Blood game makes my brain drool...). I got the latter idea after recently reading the manga Blame!. Here are some examples of the types of environments that I could see working with this idea:

kZ5S6no.jpg

Of course the Great Ones would still be at the core of the narrative so it would never feel entirely disconnected from its predecessor. Alternately the entire game could take the cosmic elements one step further, letting us explore distant galaxies in the search of these ancient gods... I still think it would be important to retain consistent visual themes with Bloodborne but only to bridge the gap. Once we are re-established into the world of Bloodborne the game could take us anywhere it wants (like it did with the Lovecraftian elements). Finally here are some examples by the Polish painter Zdzisław Beksiński that would provide an excellent source of inspiration for any future Bloodborne environments:

FDTmoZ8.jpg

I believe they could push the nightmare elements of Bloodborne even further and Zdzisław Beksińskis work provides a great vision of the type of worlds we could explore.

Phew... Ok I am all done (for now!) but I am very interested to hear what suggestions everyone has for anything Bloodborne (be it improvements or ideas for DLC/sequels). Thanks!

Fireflu

Thanks man! It's the first proper thread I have made on this site so I thought I would spend time making it nice and comprehensive.

Sullichin

Good post OP!

I agree with all of the technical issues that should be sorted out. There is also an elevator that can break and prevent you from finishing an optional boss, and a bug that ruins the AI of bosses when you use the suspend/resume function on PS4. These should be addressed.

As for gameplay enhancements, I expect many people to post here saying that blood vials should function like estus. I notice that you didn't say that but want warping / leveling from bonfires. While I don't think this would break the game or anything, I feel like it's fine how it is now, long loading aside. I kinda like that you get one "attempt" per load from Hunter's Dream. It's the Demon's Souls way of doing things. Not allowing warping makes the shortcuts seem more meaningful. Some of the later shortcuts warp back to earlier lamps in the level. They give you reason to explore with plenty of locked doors, side areas, and NPC quests. I also believe not being able to rest at a lamp to respawn enemies is in place to discourage heavy farming. You have to use the Bold Hunter's Mark to farm most efficiently (without dying on purpose) to avoid two load screens but even then it doesn't replenish your vials. If you want another fresh shot, you have to go to the Dream. It kinda makes sense. I can't deny that DS is more convenient.

I think a lot of these design decisions (no warping, consumable health and "mana" in the form of QS) is a result of the game not being as loot-focused as before.

A respec option would be invaluable because too many of weapons/tools are locked into the late game. I want to make another rbuild to use the Chikage but I have to beat like half of the game before I can even use it, and there's not really anything to do with a Skill/bloodtinge build before then. The Souls games didn't have that problem.

I'll have to disagree with the bonfire thing..I'm glad they got away from estus flasks, It was easy mode in the original games, you should be punished for failures, estus flasks made it too easy, I'm seeing less people farming blood and actually learning these bosses and making due with however many vials they get on the way to the boss.

AngryMoth

Nice post man!

I just hope they show some love to the pvp community. Between bad matchmaking and the bell maiden system we've kinda been screwed so far. Here's hoping for an area in the DLC

Skyler

Unconfirmed Member
A sci-fi fantasy mixed with Beksinski is exactly what I want Miyazaki to explore for his next game. The idea makes me moist.

burgerdog

I just want the ability to buy blood chunks after reaching the last boss. I have plenty of blood rocks to get weapons to +10, just not enough chunks to get weapons to +9. I don't want to spend hours and hours farming these things just to make other weapons viable.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I want enemies to have deep cuts and blood after I've slashed them to hell. Total immersion breaking having an enemy with no physical marks after Ive slashed him with nasty looking blade.

Mikey Jr.

Excellent! Agreed with almost everything.

But I don't agree with the bonfires....

My only problem is that you put EVERYTHING on the lamp, then what is the point of the Hunters dream? You would almost never have to go back.

I dont think they can fix loading screens unless they serate each zone into a seperately loaded area (like the Nightmare Realms are).

The interconnected world is what causes the loading times and they would have to change that or remove shortcuts (like they did with the door behind Cleric Beast) to reduce load times.

Fireflu

I just want the ability to buy blood chunks after reaching the last boss. I have plenty of blood rocks to get weapons to +10, just not enough chunks to get weapons to +9. I don't want to spend hours and hours farming these things just to make other weapons viable.

Haha tell me about it!

Toxi

Banned
Fantastic OP.

I can't think of much to add to your ideas, but the one setting I felt Bloodborne was missing was a factory area. The Industrial Revolution was in full force in Victorian London, with factories belching smoke into the sky and pale-faced workers laboring from dawn to dusk to make a living. Those horrors of early industry could make some frightening imagery in a setting like Bloodborne.

Plus, a factory area would be a good excuse to shower the player with new weapons and firearms fresh off the assembly line.

ElFly

I'll have to disagree with the bonfire thing..I'm glad they got away from estus flasks, It was easy mode in the original games, you should be punished for failures, estus flasks made it too easy, I'm seeing less people farming blood and actually learning these bosses and making due with however many vials they get on the way to the boss.

Dying and the looooooaaaaddddiiiiiinggggg are more than enough punishment.

Estus got rid of the very possibility of farming, and made it so you had to waste humanity kindling (and then again, you could not kindle too much without the rite). And since you had to be human, you could be invaded afterwards.

Of course, with the terrible online system in Bloodborne, the very possibility of being invaded while "kindling" the lamps or whatever equivalent is a non issue, so we are left with a less risky system that can easily gamed and gives any player with minimum preparation the max amount of chugs that dark souls 1 would have allowed, at all times, in all the lamps.

All in all it was a step back.

My only problem is that you put EVERYTHING on the lamp, then what is the point of the Hunters dream? You would almost never have to go back.

What is the point right now? Levelling and repairing your weapons.

There are no other NPCs in there (Gehrman barely appears), like in Demon or Dark 2. You will only ever break your weapon once (1) in the game, because once it happens the first time, you will always repair it every time you are in the Dream.

The no-teleport, gotta-walk-to-the-blacksmiths system of dark 1 was far superior, and gave you a much better sense of isolation and exploration than just teleporting everywhere.

Fireflu

A respec option would be invaluable because too many of weapons/tools are locked into the late game. I want to make another rbuild to use the Chikage but I have to beat like half of the game before I can even use it, and there's not really anything to do with a Skill/bloodtinge build before then. The Souls games didn't have that problem.

Absolutely, the Chikage was one of the weapons I had in mind (and the Burial Blade which is really benefited by a split skill/arcane build).

Ostinatto

I don't agree with the warping options, it should be like in Dark Souls,Warping only after you get the Lordvessel, but warping whenever you want on early stages of the games breaks the game in some way, and i don't agree with the repairing or getting access to the bottomless box on lamps either.

Also where are the blacksmiths on this game?
where are the secret illusionary walls?
where are the Mimic treasure chest?
where are the fun covenants?

A nice wish list, would be nice to get even a few really. The Long loading times, thought they'd take a priority on that, but still nothing.

Wondering if they're gonna fix the glitch to let you skip to the back of Iosefka's clinic right away as well.

Fireflu

Well at the very least I think we should have the ability to warp from lamp to lamp, the Hunter's Dream can still have its purpose then in the form of the various shops, storage, rune/blood gem selection and Doll.

Dying and the looooooaaaaddddiiiiiinggggg are more than enough punishment.

Estus got rid of the very possibility of farming, and made it so you had to waste humanity kindling (and then again, you could not kindle too much without the rite). And since you had to be human, you could be invaded afterwards.

Of course, with the terrible online system in Bloodborne, the very possibility of being invaded while "kindling" the lamps or whatever equivalent is a non issue, so we are left with a less risky system that can easily gamed and gives any player with minimum preparation the max amount of chugs that dark souls 1 would have allowed, at all times, in all the lamps.

All in all it was a step back.

or in you could just play offline if the threat of invasion gets to you.

ElFly

I don't agree with the warping options, it should be like in Dark Souls,Warping only after you get the Lordvessel, but warping whenever you want on early stages of the games breaks the game in some way, and i don't agree with the repairing or getting access to the bottomless box on lamps either.

Also where are the blacksmiths on this game?
where are the secret illusionary walls?
where are the Mimic treasure chest?
where are the fun covenants?

There is one (1) illusionary wall I've found. It's in a chalice dungeon, but it gave me a unique item for the stores, so I suspect there's not another one.

Sullichin

Absolutely, the Chikage was one of the weapons I had in mind (and the Burial Blade which is really benefited by a split skill/arcane build).
I used Burial Blade in NG+, but the problem with that is that enemy loot doesn't change and chunks / stone still aren't available until way later.

ElFly

or in you could just play offline if the threat of invasion gets to you.

I played online all the time, I am not scared of invasions.

And why I would be? In my playthrough of BB I was invaded exactly twice.

One I had summoned someone for BSB. We were just next to the door, the guy didn't appear for a minute so we just went in.

The second time I was in the nightmare of mensis, next to the second lamp, the guy came and killed me, I appeared again there and recovered my souls. Zero problem.

Invasions in Dark 1 and 2 were actually a thing that happened and were really a threat.

Aces&Eights

Great post, OP. Very well written. I agree with almost everything but one....I've kind of gotten attached to the clipping in Souls games. Like a pimple or wart on a beautiful woman. Let's leave that one alone.

Fireflu

I used Burial Blade in NG+, but the problem with that is that enemy loot doesn't change and chunks / stone still aren't available until way later.

Indeed, as someone said above I wish chunks became a purchasable material from the Hunter's Dream shop in NG+. But never say never, If I recall correctly they made Twinkling Titanite purchasable from a merchant (the giant blacksmith I believe?) at a later point in Dark Souls via an update. But I really wish there was a Bonfire Aesthetic type item so we could farm areas like the Nightmare of Mensis (lots of scurrying beasts with chunks in that place!).

Sullichin

Indeed, as someone said above I wish chunks became a purchasable material from the Hunter's Dream shop in NG+. But never say never, If I recall correctly they made Twinkling Titanite purchasable from a merchant (the giant blacksmith I believe?) at a later point in Dark Souls via an update. But I really wish there was a Bonfire Aesthetic type item so we could farm areas like the Nightmare of Mensis (lots of scurrying beasts with chunks in that place!).

The blue eyed werewolves in Upper Cathedral Ward have the best chunk drop rates from my experience.
Dark Souls patches added twinkling to the giant blacksmith, upped humanity drop rates, and changed it so the ghosts in New Londo actually drop souls. There's hope for a good quality of life patch for BB.

Blackage

Does From Software usually have a ton of post-release support? We knew Day 1 for instance a patch was coming to help with load times, but what about these other issues?

Fhtagn

Great write up.

Personally I would like rebalancing to make Arcane builds more viable / equal footing with quality builds.

And being able to buy chunks in NG+.

I have lots more thoughts beyond those two but I'll chime in later with them.

KillySG10

Neo Member
Nice to see some appreciation for Blame! from you there OP ;3
A souls style game set in that sort setting would be awesome, the souls games have been perfect at making an atmosphere from large scale environments, that feel devoid of life, and full of threat, pretty much the same setting Blame! has going for it.

Hugstable

Banned
Amazing write up. Love Bloodborne so much, and I'm sure people notice that I do complain about thing alot on the game sometimes, but honestly like many of the things you have listed, they are changes that I feel can only make the game better in every way possible. Plus I would love alot of the stuff you listed for when I do my NG++ and NG+++ runs sometime

Fireflu

Nice to see some appreciation for Blame! from you there OP ;3
A souls style game set in that sort setting would be awesome, the souls games have been perfect at making an atmosphere from large scale environments, that feel devoid of life, and full of threat, pretty much the same setting Blame! has going for it.

Yup! That's the stuff right there. Just imagine how incredible it would be if they could splice the worlds of Blame! and Berserk together... It's too beautiful to think about.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
-Everything needs more bekinski/giger.
-don't agree with warping everywhere, plenty of shortcuts
-agree with most everything else esp covenants and adding more stuff (gear and secrets). Really want the puthilum decedent (elder?) set. The red Dracula escq cape.
-add chunks to the shop plz
-more blood rocks too (not bought but able to find)
-definitely interested in a proper expansion that goes into all the things hinted out and fleshes out the world more.

some developer out there should take the BLAME! idea and run with it before fromsoft does it, cause man i think that would be a hit if it's styled like a fromsoft game.

byropoint

There's something in souls games that always struck the same note as Beksinskis paintings with me, wouldn't be surprised if his work is already in the 'moodboard' of From's artists

Fireflu

-Everything needs more bekinski/giger.
-don't agree with warping everywhere, plenty of shortcuts
-agree with most everything else esp covenants and adding more stuff (gear and secrets). Really want the puthilum decedent (elder?) set. The red Dracula escq cape.
-add chunks to the shop plz
-more blood rocks too (not bought but able to find)
-definitely interested in a proper expansion that goes into all the things hinted out and fleshes out the world more.

O hell yes, I was REALLY hoping that would have been purchasable from the Insight store after the Bone Ash and Madman sets were on there. Could still happen though, for all we know they could base an entire DLC around the Pthumerians (and give us a use for the Yharnam Stone!!) and let us acquire the cape then. Would be awesome if we could buy his weapon too (the staff that becomes a scythe, mace, lucerne, crossbow, lance, basically anything!) but I have a feeling that it would be sliiightly OP.

Fireflu

There's something in souls games that always struck the same note as Beksinskis paintings with me, wouldn't be surprised if his work is already in the 'moodboard' of From's artists

I have no doubt in my mind that is the case. Especially in locations like Hemwick Crossing, The Unseen Village and the Nightmare Frontier. They all screamed Beksiński to me.

DedValve

Banned

Dark Souls was the same if not harder than Demons with Estus flask and all.

20 vials is actually easier and Demons 99 of each was ridiculous. Not only does it cheapen the difficulty by allowing you to spam but you have to farm. Having a limited number of vials you absolutely could not regenerate WITHOUT respawning all enemies was way harder.

Estus flasks where perfect the way they are and I haven't heard of a good reason of WHY they supposedly made Dark Souls easier. Because it sure as hell wasn't.

Now DS2, THAT was easy mode.

test_account

XP-39C²
Some good suggestions here, indeed. I personally would mostly like to see more NPC quest lines. There are actually a pretty good amount of NPC interaction in Bloodborne, but most of them are through doors. I would like more quest lines like Eileen and the little girl one. Things where you interact with the NPCs that brings the quest line forward.

I think it would also be nice to have more covenants. Personally i never really cared that much for it in Dark Souls 1 and 2 though, but i wonder why they limited it to only one covenant in Bloodborne.

Being able to warp to any location that you've visited without having to go through The Hunter's Dream first is also something that i agree on that would be nice.

I would like to see some cool challenges like no-death-run and no-bonfire-rest-run like Dark Souls 2 had. I did the no-bonfire-rest-run, and it felt pretty cool to have accomplished it, and you also get an unique price that you can show off as well.

Guevara

Thoughtful thread. I don't expect most of what you asked for to happen. The graphics changes for example just seem unlikely.

I totally expect warping from lantern-to-lantern. There's a precedent for this change in prior games (DS1, maybe?).

I also expect BB DLC, and with it expanded gameplay potential. Either through new Arkane objects, or just new weapons. This may be where Beast Mode comes into play. Or another example: imagine a run that slowly regenerates bullets. That would allow for a more gun-centric build.

It will be interesting to see what From does, the game is pretty clearly (opinion) rough, somewhat unfinished, and in need of rebalancing.

SaitoH

There is one (1) illusionary wall I've found. It's in a chalice dungeon, but it gave me a unique item for the stores, so I suspect there's not another one.

I've found 3 illusionary walls in the Chalice dungeons. Two had items, one had a bunch of scurriers.

[edit] Good OP. I agree with almost everything.

Top Bottom