• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fallacy of exclusives

Dane

And I said that I disagree.

Either you don't understand the argument, or you're being stubborn.

The reason they exist isn't to have big sales, it's to help sell consoles.

You can't say that they exist to help sell consoles and sell a lot, when doing the former goes directly against the latter.

They certainly prefer if they make money(Cause duh), but that's not why they make exclusives.

They can exist for both, even on smaller scale projects. Why would I spend money on a loss that would only bring few people and never recoup it?

Tiamat2san

The only problem with exclusives is that it makes me buy multiple consoles.
That’s it.
But a world with only one console with all the games on it would be terrible too.

Dane

Why, do they, in your opinion, make games exclusive?

Money as the final reason why?

Selling copies with no profit cuts from the own console maker, helping to sell 1 console per X copies sold where Z number of new owners spend on the ecossytem as you want?

RedVIper

Banned
Money as the final reason why?

Selling copies with no profit cuts from the own console maker, helping to sell 1 console per X copies sold where Z number of new owners spend on the ecossytem as you want?

Nice way to side step the question lol.

Kumomeme

just think like this...if platform like console is a plate...if multiplat is the whole big cake, then exclusives is the cream on top of it

logically for example if you want to sell a cupcake to school kids, which one they will choose? the one with 'bit' cream and cherry on top or the one with none?

Last edited:
Top Bottom