• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: One Tamriel Update Out October 18, Housing Details

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6nBZkxCCpA

One Tamriel
Update 12, One Tamriel — our largest free update to date — comes to PS4 on October 18. One Tamriel is designed to bring the entire ESO community together, allowing you to go anywhere and adventure with friends of every level. For the first time you’ll be able to explore any zone in Tamriel, in any order, regardless of your level or alliance. This new open world format will help to unite guilds, factions, friends, and fans more than ever before.
There’s never been a better time to log on with your existing characters, or to invite friends to experience ESO for the first time and take them along regardless of their level.

But that’s not all! Here’s a list of other features that will be coming with Update 12:
  • Craglorn Re-Design — You can now solo in this group-friendly environment.
  • Dungeon updates — Normal and Veteran Modes have been added.
  • Dueling — Challenge your friends or foes and test your mettle in one-on-one combat.
  • New Weapon Ultimates — Master your weapon of choice and get new Ultimate abilities.
  • Undaunted Pledge System Updates — New daily pledges and valuable rewards.
  • Itemization updates — Items will now scale to your level everywhere in the world.

Housing Sneak Peek
Finished adventuring? Perhaps it’s time to return home and put your feet up, but you’ll need a place to call your own. How about a comfortable country dwelling, or a stately manor you can decorate in your own style, and equip with your own cooking fire, blacksmith station, or alchemy table?

You’ll be able to do all of these things and more with ESO’s new Housing system coming early next year. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the Housing system details:
  • You’ll be able to own as many houses as you like, and house ownership is account-wide.
  • With Housing, we’ll also be releasing Furniture Crafting — you will be able to sell the furniture you craft to other players.
  • You will be able to invite friends and guildmates to your home.
  • Houses are instanced, so you don’t have to worry about grabbing the perfect spot of land.
  • Your first home is free, and you will be able to purchase additional houses for gold.
  • Houses are designed in different racial styles, and there are small, medium, and large varieties for each — you can own any house styles and sizes you like regardless of your character’s race.
Keep an eye out for more Housing details later this year!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...id=785842681700290560&adbpl=tw&adbpr=10671602

owlbeak

I bought this on PC when it came out and played for ~20hours or so.

If I snagged this on PS4 in the future can I just sign in and have access to my character or are your characters exclusive to whatever platform they were created on?

BrokenArrow

Neo Member
It's actually quite amazing how hard the guys at ZOS are working on this game. They bring out huge patches every 2 months or so with literally dozens of pages worth of patch notes and it really shows.

The game is nothing like it was on release, in a good way.

I haven't played this partly because I wanted to be able to explore more of Tamriel than they've released. Want to go to Elsweyr etc. They keep releasing QOL/dungeon stuff and never expand the world.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not a fan of instanced housing, but I get why they do it.

Well, I mean what else can they do? Expand the entire map to the outer boundaries to let people "park" their houses?

I bought this on PC when it came out and played for ~20hours or so.

If I snagged this on PS4 in the future can I just sign in and have access to my character or are your characters exclusive to whatever platform they were created on?

There was a one-time-only copying of PC characters (for select people) to PS4 (or XBO) when the console versions launched, but otherwise no, they're 100% separate.

Smeags

Really enjoyed the game as a single player experience (other than a few late game dungeons/bosses, I tried to play it as a classic TES experience), and played countless hours competing the 3 factions last year. The game having no post purchase paywalls is great as well.

Glad to see them continuing to support the game in impactful ways!

BrokenArrow

Neo Member
WAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

---

Is this update PS4 only then?

No. It was already released on PC and will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One next week.
All future updates will come for every platform.

And yes, the PC version does have controller support.

kris.

Banned
definitely gonna check it out. i got to lvl 10 with a toon and lost interest almost immediately but hopefully jumping back in hooks me this time.

Keinu

The game has gotten pretty good, but those lottery boxes they are adding means I won't return. I will happily pay a subscription, but hiding items behind random loot boxes that you need to buy with real money is a no no for me.

As a solo player only I absolutely hate One Tamriel update and have stopped playing. I was looking forward to houses, I guess. Seems like it will be a nice way to nickel and dime the player base which wouldn't even bother me that much if the Crown store wasn't so awful.

I played this for around 30 hours when it launched on PC and thought it was okay. From everything I've seen it looks like they've added a mountain of content since then.

I think when the PS4 Pro version releases I might get back into this

Memnoch

Really enjoyed the game as a single player experience (other than a few late game dungeons/bosses, I tried to play it as a classic TES experience), and played countless hours competing the 3 factions last year. The game having no post purchase paywalls is great as well.

Glad to see them continuing to support the game in impactful ways!
I've played as a single player as well but haven't played in a while. Time to jump back in.

The game has gotten pretty good, but those lottery boxes they are adding means I won't return. I will happily pay a subscription, but hiding items behind random loot boxes that you need to buy with real money is a no no for me.

Aren't they just cosmetic items though?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Armour and weapons or just mounts and skins? If it's the latter, it isn't that big of a deal. Hell Blizzard does it with WoW and it's still going strong despite people thinking it was a slippery slope.

Speely

Banned
I am interested in any MMO where most of the content is soloable.

I am the same way for themepark mmorpgs, and although I love ESO, it is only like that up to a point. You can devour tons of good content solo across Tamriel, and it's very well-done, but anything approaching endgame is group-only, really, aside from Maelstrom Arena. Group dungeons have the best drops, and while crafted items can take one very far, getting into optimized builds for the very hardest stuff requires dropped AND crafted options to be available.

PvP also has its own gear sets, and while it's fun to solo in PvP, one has to embrace the reality of getting rolled lots in order to find that one win as a solo-centric player.

I have soloed most of my ESO time but in doing so I have nerfed myself considerably. I still find it great fun, but players who hope to have everything everyone else has by soloing are prolly going to be let down, as with most MMOs.

Still a fucking awesome game, and one of my faves.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Picked this up used from Target for $5. Probably the most ridiculous content to money spent ratio ever.

Keinu

Aren't they just cosmetic items though?

Armour and weapons or just mounts and skins? If it's the latter, it isn't that big of a deal. Hell Blizzard does it with WoW and it's still going strong despite people thinking it was a slippery slope.

Yes, they are just mounts and skins and I know it's not a big deal for many. For me though, getting new mounts and skins/armor for my character is part of the fun of an mmo. Putting unique stuff in these crown store loot cases is something I'm very much against.

And no, Blizzard does not do it in WoW. They have special mounts and such you can buy for real money, but at least you know the cost upfront and can make a decision if you think it's worth it or not. A better example is SWTOR which really made me aware of how shitty this design is.

Top Bottom