• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Resurgence announced (mobile, alpha signup, set in NYC)

cormack12

Gold Member

The Division Resurgence brings the acclaimed gameplay experience of the franchise to mobile! Enjoy a AAA experience featuring a new storyline set in the massive urban open-world of New York City. Register below for a chance to be among the first to play and stay updated on the latest news.

CamHostage

Looks sharp for a phone game (though no gameplay was shown, just in-engine scenes.) I'm curious how it'll actually be structured as a mobile experience.

...Kind of bums me out that these "console-quality" mobile games don't get simultaneous announcements for Switch, as that platform doesn't always get name-brand games. (It's possible that the play experience is too gacha for Switch?) We've not had the kinds of "portable version" releases of games on Switch like we did back in the DS/3DS/PSP/Vita days and I miss it a bit, even if it's maybe for the best not to have too many substitute games...

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

lol they really fucked up with washington dc now they feel as if they need to do NYC for everything to get fans back.

Shifty

Coming to you live, from the Ubisoft Trash Vortex in Paris, France it's... More trash!

throw up trash can GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Hnmm, I wanted a division mobile for a while, as well as Battlefield, diablo, and r6. But I want them PAID, not free to whale bullshit... 🐳😭

Lone Wolf

If it’s single player, compatible with a controller, and not pay to win I’ll try it. So pretty much zero chance.

Pejo

After the success of Diablo Immortal, you're going to see shit like this for the next 10 years in the west. Eastern mobile games have been doing it successfully for years and years now. The big publishers got a taste, and they want more.

CitizenZ

Banned
Yea, just got an email. Fck me.

Join the First Wave in Tom Clancy’s The Division Resurgence! Register today to receive the latest updates and get a chance to play before the release.

DIVE INTO A NEW SHOOTER EXPERIENCE​

Watch the announcement video to discover the game!
MITTC__IMAGE
Visit our Twitter and get the latest intel to join the ranks!
Twitter

Droxcy

Mobile = Money.

Funny how we left the mobile games in 2010-2015 after everyone was angry about them, now we've gone full circle and returning to boost profits.

Bluecondor

The original Division might be my favorite game of all-time. Seeing this stripped down mobile version of the game is underwhelming.

EDMIX

Gameplay walkthrough:

Oh wow, this looks amazing for mobile. I wish they had this sorta thing when I was a kid lol An easy pass for lots of us, but a smart move by Ubisoft nonetheless to jump in that market with a strong title.

Bluecondor Bluecondor I see it more as impressive they got the look and feel down on mobile.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Oh wow, this looks amazing for mobile. I wish they had this sorta thing when I was a kid lol An easy pass for lots of us, but a smart move by Ubisoft nonetheless to jump in that market with a strong title.

Bluecondor Bluecondor I see it more as impressive they got the look and feel down on mobile.
That's a fair point about this getting the series into new audience. I'm a huge fan of the Division and have been waiting for some new content, as Massive really pushes players to replay the same missions and activities over and over again. Even the F2P Heartland would be a big step forward for me.

CamHostage

Looks great indoors, with lots of characters moving around and densely-detailed interconnected rooms. Outside in the gameplay, it's functional IMO but the city is pretty simple and limited (luckily you're mostly at ground level and aren't seeing the shallow draw distance, though pop-in of details like billboards or shadows can happen) and looks really blown out on video (might look better on a phone? I'd like to see it in person to see how it really looks running realtime.) They did a nice job squeezing down the complexity for a portable device, and getting a lot of stuff on the screen so that it feels like a devastated city rather than just a shooter game map. It's certainly more The Division than other games converted from AAA titles (sometimes it looks the same but then it's a strategy/RPG game or cover shooter or some cheesy mobile genre clone... sometimes those are still fun, but they don't always make it clear when something is a different franchise release, a close-cousin spin-off, or an actual port.)

At first, I was sort of sad that Switch wasn't being included in this mobile release, but I don't think this is good enough for a Switch version. As a phone game, though, it's looking competent and even attractive at times, with hardcore action and tactics featured.

Last edited:
Top Bottom