• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amiga 500 mini announced

Rob_27

Same Amazon took the money.

So if i wanted a small creamish keyboard for this, for maybe typing and shit not sure why but nice to have the ability. What would people recommend? Any small usb Amiga clones ?

Cheers.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I would genuinely get the cheapest one you could find. The keyboard will probably dwarf the mini 😂

So very near....

oSEUEmw.png

TLZ

Banned
The controller is excellent quality and has some weight to it. Feels great. The whole thing feels great actually. Now I just need to add games 😁

Bullet Club

The Mini arrived today. First game I played was IK+. And then a heap of others. I love it!

Found this turdgame I was looking for:

I had that game. It came in a System 3 compilation that also had IK+, Last Ninja Remix & Tusker.

If you had have said that the game was very purple I would have been able to tell you what it was. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Impotaku

discovered theres a file limit to how many games you can have in one folder seems the menu can only display a few hundred with the rest not visible. some letters i have had to split as theres so many games that they wont all show up in folders. Hoping a firmware update can fix that, only other quirk i have noticed is the virtual keyboard doesnt come up sometimes when you press the button seems to affect the whdload games reloading game usually gets it to work but not always.

apart from that it's played everything i have thrown at it and the image quality is great, the scanlines look really nice too. enjoying it so far.

I think i have figured out whats causing the virtual menu not appearing in whdload games. I turned expert mode turned on in the system menu so i can see more game options before i boot the game. Seems if i set the blitter option to normal before i boot a game then the virtual menu works as normal. By default the blitter option is set to wait & under that it seems to cause the virtual menu not to appear when you press the menu button on the pad, tested it out with a lot of games that i had problems with so far and it's fixed them all so i'm guessing it's a bug that needs fixing. I emailed the makers to let them know.

Last edited:

Rob_27

Mine gad to be FAT32 couldn't even use a bigger one with exfat.

Does this little beauty do other emulators etc. I would also like to get workbench working somehow.

Plus I can't get adfs to work on their own. It doesn't show up like hdfs

Nitty_Grimes

Had to order a new USB stick. Shits not working for me
In what way sorry what have you tried? You’ve put the WHD software on the USB stick like it says on the website yeah? And then you’ve put the games on the root of that memory stick yeah from whdownload?

Last edited:
In what way sorry what have you tried? You’ve put the WHD software on the USB stick like it says on the website yeah? And then you’ve put the unzipped games on the root of that memory stick yeah from whdownload?
Yeah sure. I did It like in this video:

Problem is the A500mini never shows me that an USB Device is connected.

Nitty_Grimes

Mine gad to be FAT32 couldn't even use a bigger one with exfat.

Does this little beauty do other emulators etc. I would also like to get workbench working somehow.

Plus I can't get adfs to work on their own. It doesn't show up like hdfs
Has to be LHAs not ADFs I believe?

Rob_27

Initially had problems with 25watt plug had to use less powerful one. But then also hub didn't work as it was drawing too much power aghh.

Nitty_Grimes

I should be collecting 2 full fat A500s later I'll take a photo of the mini later with them. It'll be like that blacks on blondes pic that does the rounds :D

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I used way too many hours sorting through stuff, testing and picking favorites yesterday. Right now my 'favorites' folder holds 69 games. 170 games in the 'games' folder and around 40 of the best demos in the 'demoscene' folder.

A handful of games had danish language so made a 'danish games' folder for those as well - 7 games.

Thought I would go for a 'complete collection' but scrolling through endless games ended up being a tedious task.

Also feels more like my childhood collection now. Highly recommend putting in some hours and research of 'underrated games' so there's also some new things to try.

RAIDEN1

I was watching a video yesterday on great less spoken about SNES games worth a look and and it got me thinking imagine if Konami and Capcom were behind the Amiga what sort of games we would have had....could the Amiga/CD32 have done a F-Zero? (that is a seperate question I know)

Ozzie666

Pretty impressed with the package. Take's a bit of time to figure a few things out and the WHD loading is a god send. I notice a few sound issues with some old favorites, (Jim Power). But it was great to fire up some old Cinemware classics.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If anyone comes across The Black Lotus - Eon (demo) in lha format or knows how to pack 2 adf's into lha, easy, please hit me up.

Dexero

If anyone comes across The Black Lotus - Eon (demo) in lha format or knows how to pack 2 adf's into lha, easy, please hit me up.
This demo is not hdd installable and relies on bugs found in earlier amigas to properly work

Anyway I prefer Lemon’s The Fall and it has an hdd version

AGRacing

Gold Member
Hey I apologize for my ignorance on the topic of Amiga in general.

When I was young a buddy if mine had a giant Amiga desktop... I'm not sure what model it was... but it was very large.

We played a Psygnosis game called "blood money" on it...

Does the 500 run that game?

Fredrik

When I was young a buddy if mine had a giant Amiga desktop... I'm not sure what model it was... but it was very large.

Yeah Blood Money is nice on the Amiga, made by early DMA Design/Rockstar, I never finished it but played it a lot, a bit low fps iirc but it’s still great 👍

Last edited:

Dexero

Sounds like an Amiga 2000

The Amiga 500/1000/2000 run all OCS games (original chipset)
The Amiga 500+/600/3000 run almost every OCS game and the few ECS (Enhanced Chipset) games
The Amiga 1200/4000 run most OCS/ECS (all now through game fixes) and all Aga games (aga beeing the last official Amiga architecture)

Top Bottom