• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Testing shows AMD’s FSR 2.0 can even help lowly Intel integrated GPUs

LordOfChaos

XWHH6k3coMtAMhQYye4kDi-970-80.png.webp

Kewl, open standards ftw

Unknown?

Sweet, that's what I have! Good to hear. I will probably get a bit better results too as I don't use Windows.

Last edited:

BlueHawk

Neo Member
This is brilliant news. AMD needs this for future chips, what with Apple being industry leaders for Performance/Watt for chips at the moment. There needs to be more competition and things like FSR2 could get them there.

winjer

Gold Member
Considering that XeSS is still distant in the future, and Intel keeps delaying it's release and it's new Arch GPUs, FSR 2.0 is the best solution for Intel users.

Mahavastu

720p using FSR Performance mode? wtf? isn't that like 360p? or even lower?

that can't look good in motion
in the article they say "I'd even go so far as to say FSR 2.0 looked better than native, at least using the default very low settings that disable temporal AA", so I guess it was at least not making it much worse.

It is 2 year old internal Intel graphics, so no one expects anything tbh...

Last edited:

Banned
in the article they say "I'd even go so far as to say FSR 2.0 looked better than native, at least using the default very low settings that disable temporal AA", so I guess it was at least not making it much worse.

It is 2 year old internal Intel graphics, so no one expects anything tbh...

I highly doubt that. especially since they specifically say TAA is off in the native test, which basically means the image should be very crisp.

at such low resolutions temporal stability is awful with reconstruction

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I would lavish praise on AMD but the last time i did it triggered some people so gonna pass. Bad AMD.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I highly doubt that. especially since they specifically say TAA is off in the native test, which basically means the image should be very crisp.

at such low resolutions temporal stability is awful with reconstruction
They tested with TAA and CAS as well.
When youve got a small screen with relatively low resolution and abysmal power driving said screen;
Simply getting to 30fps without a massive visual downgrade is a godsend.

Banned
They tested with TAA and CAS as well.
When youve got a small screen with relatively low resolution and abysmal power driving said screen;
Simply getting to 30fps without a massive visual downgrade is a godsend.

of course it's great to get to a playable state, but at that point you are playing a really bad version of a game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the game stutters like hell on such an overwhelmed piece of hardware

with APUs like that the fight over system memory in modern games has to be really bad

Last edited:
Top Bottom