• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Resistance - Announcement Trailer (PS4, Xbox One & Steam)

withincells

The Salvation game wasn’t good but it had two cool moments. The first was shooting down an HK while the Terminator theme played (something the movie didn’t even really use). The second was early on it in the game when you have no defence against T-600s and you have no choice but to run. I think a cool idea for a game (or at least part of it) would be treating a Terminator like Mr. X from RE 2.

Iorv3th

Teyon & Reef made the masterpiece known as Rambo The Video Game about 5 years ago on the 360/PS3.

spongebob.jpg

Ivory Blood

This looks pretty good actually, very faithful to the second film, at least visually. An old-style FPS with no bullshit multiplayer or lootboxes, I'm in,

Doczu

I was mildly cuirous, but now that i know it's from the Rambo devs...

... Kurwa...

But the trailer self was not THAT bad. It started off great with the Cameron Future War, but the moment tatto-dreadlock ma'am was shown and they shifted to Salvation Future War i lost all interest.

And too clean. Where are my 3 bilion skulle, malnourished soldiers and barking good bois?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I thought the trailer looked pretty good to be honest, don't know why everybody so negative off a trailer. for sure wait for the reviews first though

shaddam

Hopefully it will be better than the salvation game. Need to finish maybe 2 mission for the platinum, but its sitting under 10 years of dust

Doczu

Because that's what Sly looked like in the 80's
Here, i think you dropped this

THE JOKE
Looks like Brian May erotica on DeviantArt.

I need some bleach. The things i found when i googled that...

There’s also a fan made FPS that was announced in February called Terminator: Los Angeles Resistance.

Why can a one man project look so good compared to what they are officialy offering? I hope it'll release, probably won't, but as a proof of conceptthis guy nailed the Future War setting.

Edit: i think this is the only chromatic aberation i will accept. Fuck me, the post processing make it look VHS soft like Alien Isolation. Fuck i'm getting turned on. Like usual the amateur stuff is way better thsn any production house por... I mean game. Game.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Not into first person shooters that much, but do so want to play in way into the future Terminator game during the war. But their past game Rambo was abysmal.

Zimmy68

I would think the more interesting game would be a Hitman like scenario where you are the Terminator and they give you a series of people that need be disposed of from the past.
You travel back in time, naked as a bird, then you have to accumulate clues, weapons, and clothes to terminate the target.
I'm so tired of this, shooting at bullet sponge robots angle.

Sentenza

Going by the footage it looks like this is going to be an unremarkable but somewhat competent shooter.
Meaning I don't really care about the game but I'm not expecting anything outrageously bad, either.

Last edited:

Doczu

Going by the footage it looks like this is going to be an unremarkable but somewhat competent shooter.
Meaning I don't really care about the game but I'm not expecting anything outrageously bad, either.
I'm all for a good low budget shooter. This year a lot of them were released. But this one? Eh, i'm not so sure.

McCheese

Movie tie-in games never worked back in the 90's due to how long good games take to produce, and the few which were good defied all odds (Aladdin being made in something like 8 months!). Trying to bring movie tie-in games back on the current generation is pure madness, they needed to start making this before the film was even green-lit to have stood a chance of it being half-decent.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Movie tie-in games never worked back in the 90's due to how long good games take to produce, and the few which were good defied all odds (Aladdin being made in something like 8 months!). Trying to bring movie tie-in games back on the current generation is pure madness, they needed to start making this before the film was even green-lit to have stood a chance of it being half-decent.
The devs have only The Terminator and Terminator 2 licenses. So it is not a Dark Fate tie-in game but they use an opportunity that a new film in the series may bring more interest to their game.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
I would think the more interesting game would be a Hitman like scenario where you are the Terminator and they give you a series of people that need be disposed of from the past.
You travel back in time, naked as a bird, then you have to accumulate clues, weapons, and clothes to terminate the target.
I'm so tired of this, shooting at bullet sponge robots angle.

Way better idea.

Stitch

Gold Member
Sneaking around in Batman vision isn't exactly the kind of thing I want to do in a Terminator game :messenger_weary:

PsyEd

I hope it has less "woke" elements and actual story related to the Terminator lore. Even if gameplay is above average....I'll be alright with it and get my pew pew lazer fix!

Top Bottom