• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 players are glitching massive costumes to have unfair advantages, producer says players doing it will be banned

Draugoth

Gold Member
Players have started reporting on X that they’ve been coming across online opponents who fill the screen because one of their items of clothing is ridiculously oversized. It’s believed that the issue is caused by some PC players modifying the game’s files and increasing the size of certain items.

Examples posted online include a player wearing an enormous hat, and another wearing a large metal block, both of which cover the majority of the screen.

While the oversized outfits seemingly don’t do extra damage or affect hitboxes, the fact they’re so large means players can’t see the fighters underneath them.

This gives them an obvious disadvantage, because their opponent’s moves are obscured, making it impossible to tell how to block or counter them.

“These are just cheats and we will ban them,” Harada said on X,

as spotted by Siliconera.

“We will ban them after preserving evidence of cheater’s replay data,” he added in another post. “When you use the hashtag #T8_report, please include the player’s name and region information so that we can ban them smoothly.”

via VGC

I've been watching an anime called Shagrila Frontier, And the main character has spent his entire life playing and exploiting crappy games. He then goes into his first AAA good game and uses all he's learned in the crappy games to his advantage.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I haven't seen this in any of my matches, but I'd gladly lose some rank just to laugh at this.

I've been watching an anime called Shagrila Frontier, And the main character has spent his entire life playing and exploiting crappy games. He then goes into his first AAA good game and uses all he's learned in the crappy games to his advantage.
Love this show. Dude has no gear...a bird head and some knives. Agility stat maxed out. Just dodge everything.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
How did they not know this would be an issue? lol

I kinda wish Tekken got away from the custom costumes stuff. For every good one you come across, there are 10 incredibly shitty ones.

And as someone that plays almost exclusively online, it sucks that the good character design is hampered constantly by this.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I haven't seen this in any of my matches, but I'd gladly lose some rank just to laugh at this.

Love this show. Dude has no gear...a bird head and some knives. Agility stat maxed out. Just dodge everything.
shangrila-frontier-%E9%A6%99%E6%A0%BC%E9%87%8C%E6%8B%89.gif

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
How did they not know this would be an issue? lol

I kinda wish Tekken got away from the custom costumes stuff. For every good one you come across, there are 10 incredibly shitty ones.

And as someone that plays almost exclusively online, it sucks that the good character design is hampered constantly by this.
I’ve been saying this since tag 2, but I want an option to just turn off costumes all together by choice and it would always pick the characters first default. That way I don’t have to spend the first few seconds of the match trying to guess what character they are.

What I don't get is if someone fucks with the costume files on their computer, why are those fucked up files being used on your computer? Wouldn't the game just point to the data files on your computer, which would be not fucked up, and this wouldn't work?

BossLackey

Gold Member
I’ve been saying this since tag 2, but I want an option to just turn off costumes all together by choice and it would always pick the characters first default. That way I don’t have to spend the first few seconds of the match trying to guess what character they are.
Yes. That would be a great solution.

Default to custom costumes on with an option in settings to turn them off.

Futaleufu

I dont think people should be banned for exploiting stuff within the game, maybe developers should try to fix the exploit instead.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Playing online is sucks right now.

- Game is filled with rage quitters
- People win or lose one and then leave.
- People will leave if they win the first game and then lose the second game.
- People are quitting right before the math starts.
- There are tons of Dragunov players in ranked, who is the most broken character in the game.

Top Bottom