• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarantino to direct season finale of CSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celicar

Banned
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8495

Quentin Tarantino ("Kill Bill" films) has signed to direct the season finale episode of CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, says The Hollywood Reporter. Tarantino also has come up with an original story for the episode, which is expected to shoot in early April and air May 19, according to "CSI" executive producer Carol Mendelsohn.

Tarantino has long been a fan of the stylish forensic drama as series creator/executive producer Anthony Zuiker learned when he bumped into Tarantino at an awards show during "CSI's" first season. "He knows everything there is to know about 'CSI,' and he is into the whole mythology of 'CSI,'" Mendelsohn said. Zuiker, in particular, "worships Quentin," she added.

Mendelsohn said the story will involve a plot that finds one of the key members of the CSI team, led by Gil Grissom (William Petersen), in serious jeopardy. The teleplay will be written by Mendelsohn, Zuiker and Naren Shankar.

Wow! What amazing news. My favorite show and my favorite director, together. Oh crap, this is gonna rock!

CSI pretty much passed me by for years, but I started really watching it recently and I'll be damned if it doesn't rock....hard. Miami and NY I could do without. It's all about Vegas, baby.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nothing can save such a shitty show. I've seen a couple episodes and it's just some of the dumbest television ever.

(y)

i really liked his ER, CSI could be rated R!
i bet he will be one-upping the NIp/Tuck and provide us with the first rear-entry scene 3 year earlier than expected...

Die Squirrel Die said:
CSI pretty much passed me by for years, but I started really watching it recently and I'll be damned if it doesn't rock....hard. Miami and NY I could do without. It's all about Vegas, baby.

Same thing here. My fiancee and I just started watching it around 4-5 months ago, and we're hooked. Never even saw it before then cause it didn't look interesting. ;)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Drozmight said:
The actual title was "Olimario to star in CSI season finale."
I hear it's about a creepy neighbour incident, and also about someone (obviously deranged) taking pictures of his neighbors private life. Sounds boring.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Man, what am I to do. I fucking hate CSI. But I fucking love Tarantino. Shit. I don't want to contribute to the ratings, because I am really not ready to handle CSI: Houston, or whatever the next fucking spinoff is.

Meh, why? I can't say I'm much of a fan of Tarantino, I kind of liked a few of his flicks, but that's about it. However I love CSI and I only hope the tone isn't changed at all for that final episode, or is overly obvious that the direction for that one episode is astray from the rest of the entire series, as I don't feel it needs anything new in direction at the moment.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Celicar said:

You're kidding, right? :lol
No, no I'm not.

Visually stunning, deep, engaging serial >>>>>>>>>>>> lowest common denominator crime procedural

lexi

Banned
Throw me into the CSI Hate train. It seems there's prerequisite for CSI to get involved on a case, and that is there MUST be semen left at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom