• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia is still the best in the series

Is Tales of Vesperia (DE) the peak of Tales?

• Yes

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters

Kurotri

Only played Berseria and Arise and Berseria was fantastic, loved the story, the cast and especially Velvet. Arise seemed promising at first but turned into ehhh pretty fast. Shionne still a cutie tho.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
For me:
1. Abyss
2. Vesperia
3. Eternia
4. Symphonia

Never was able to get into the others. Honestly can’t take the bad anime writing and yappy characters anymore, even when I try to play the ones I liked. I’m too old for this shit.

Kimahri

Banned
Still kinda pissed it's not BC. That travesty of Definitive Edition just ruined the whole game for me. Tons of extra content is not a good thing when said content is dull as fuck, new character is horrific, and they replace the voice actor of the main character for the new scenes.

God I hated it. Glad I kept my old 360 copy.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It's a great one. Loved it on the 360. Sadly, I accidently deleted my save data with 40 hours into it and never could play back to that point again. I have it on PC now and might get back to it someday.

Teslerum

My list of all mothership titles in order (excluding Destiny 2 and Rebirth as I haven't played them (yet, fan translations are underway))

1. Eternia
2. Graces
3. Destiny
4. Abyss
5. Phantasia
6. Arise
7. Vesperia
8. Symphonia
9. Berseria
10. Innocence
11. Zestiria
12. Legendia

xx. A hypothetical game that is literal garbage.

xxx. Somehow Xillia is still worse.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

This is a really confusing post because Arise has some of the worst writing and characters in the series, and the cast often interacts like a bunch of super socially awkward people (at least in English).
Played in Japanese, but I thought the VA felt really natural and I for the first time ever could bare the skits as they weren't too over the top. I also like the quick quips in dungeons and such. Some of the town dialogue was a bit wordy though tbh. I don't think the writing is amazing, but it's very clear and concise for the most part (third act is weak granted) and I felt it does character interaction rather well without being overtly anime or tropey.

Top Bottom