• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Games Delisted from PSN; Tales of Xillia 2, Hearts R, Symphonia Chronicles

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tales_of_Symphonia_Remastered_20230728173804.jpg
Unfortunately, it appears that several Tales of games have been delisted from the PlayStation Network, and there has been no communication from Bandai Namco. Reddit user InnocentStrategy recently made a post informing other fans of this collective development while also listing which titles have been affected across specific regions. We then checked the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita stores on the platforms themselves to verify if this was accurate.

On the North American PlayStation 3 store, Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, which is comprised of Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World, are unavailable. Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia 1 are only available as a double pack and not standalone.

Further, Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World are available standalone but not as part of the Chronicles bundle. Additionally, Tales of Hearts R is not available on the North American PlayStation Vita store. If you’ve bought any of these games, you’re able to redownload them, but those who have never done so won’t be able to find or purchase them.

via NoisyPixel

GJobG8SboAEjNGg

Unfortunately, it appears that several Tales of games have been delisted from the PlayStation Network, and there has been no communication from Bandai Namco. Reddit user InnocentStrategy recently made a post informing other fans of this collective development while also listing which titles have been affected across specific regions. We then checked the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita stores on the platforms themselves to verify if this was accurate.

On the North American PlayStation 3 store, Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, which is comprised of Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World, are unavailable. Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia 1 are only available as a double pack and not standalone.
Further, Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World are available standalone but not as part of the Chronicles bundle. Additionally, Tales of Hearts R is not available on the North American PlayStation Vita store. If you’ve bought any of these games, you’re able to redownload them, but those who have never done so won’t be able to find or purchase them.

We couldn’t verify the PlayStation European stores due to access issues, but according to InnocentStrategy, who we can verify is correct with the North American stores, Tales of Graces f and Tales of Zesitira are both delisted on PlayStation 3. Tales of Hearts R is gone, too. Tales of Xillia 1 and Tales of Symphonia were delisted previously.

This news is immensely saddening, especially since it appears like Bandai Namco has not announced anything on the matter, so we don’t know if these occurrences are temporary.

Animated GIF

Mr Hyde

I have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Zestiria, Xillia and Tales of Graces F (physically) so fortunately I'm saved on this front. But since I started exploring the PS3 store out of fear of Sony closing it, I've discovered that there are a ton of games that have been delisted over the years. PS one classics, PSN games, first party games you name it. All purged. And some games never got a digital release so you have to track down the physical copy which can be difficult and expensive. I bought up everything on the store I wanted to play so at least I'm covered when it comes to PS3 now that my collection is complete. But the digital future is scary with threats of stores closing and games delisting.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm glad I bought Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 digitally last year or the year before for my ps3.
I bought the Steam version of Symphonia so no worries there.
It bothers me that companies have the ability to completely delist a game though. I never expected this from Bamco though. Why?!?!

Last edited:
My big question is why Draugoth Draugoth and Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives have no life. I've seen more duplicate threads in the past 24 hours than I have seen since I joined NeoGAF. Step away from your keyboards, guys!
Damn bro, no need for random call outs. If you see a dupe thread just report it and the mods will take care of it.

FYI I always report my threads if I post a duplicate by mistake.

Last edited:

Pejo

They're all getting re-released on PSN with 60 fps and 4k resolution, right guys? :messenger_angry: :lollipop_pensive:
Seems unlikely that it's a licensing issue, since to my knowledge none of the games use licensed tracks that aren't made for the game.

I wonder if they are gonna do a HD collection or something. Graces F is still one of my favorites, so it'd be a shame if you couldn't play it after this. I luckily have it physical on my ol' surviving phatty PS3.

But the digital future is scary with threats of stores closing and games delisting.

How is this any "scarier" than a physical retailer no longer offering copies of a game? Can you go to best buy and buy PS3 games?

The reality is that games are available for far longer on digital retail than they ever were on physical retail and the lack of scarcity on these games prevents a lot of these games from becoming ridiculously expensive to purchase and hard to find.

That doesn't mean they'll exist forever in a digital store either, but people have ample opportunity to get games these days.

How is this any "scarier" than a physical retailer no longer offering copies of a game? Can you go to best buy and buy PS3 games?

The reality is that games are available for far longer on digital retail than they ever were on physical retail and the lack of scarcity on these games prevents a lot of these games from becoming ridiculously expensive to purchase and hard to find.

That doesn't mean they'll exist forever in a digital store either, but people have ample opportunity to get games these days.
Big difference. The physical versions are still attainable while the digital versions are not. No way around that fact.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Seems unlikely that it's a licensing issue, since to my knowledge none of the games use licensed tracks that aren't made for the game.

I wonder if they are gonna do a HD collection or something. Graces F is still one of my favorites, so it'd be a shame if you couldn't play it after this. I luckily have it physical on my ol' surviving phatty PS3.

It could have to do with the voice acting, which is a nightmare to deal with when you have Japanese agencies involved.

Xillia 1 and 2 deserve another chance, but I can't imagine this is precursor to a re-release or anything positive like that. At least they're available physically.

Kataploom

Gold Member

This is what I don't get, why are people shitting on digital whenever depressing news come up? As of they could go get a physical brand new copy of tales of Symphonia on any gaming store right now lol.

Maybe they're interpreting it as games being removed from people's library?

Kataploom

Gold Member
Big difference. The physical versions are still attainable while the digital versions are not. No way around that fact.
If a game is no longer being sold just download an iso from a torrent and you're done, it's no piracy as long as it's abandonware. The dev would still get no revenue no matter if you got it second hand or just downloaded it from the internet so it literally harms nobody.

Kupfer

My big question is why Draugoth Draugoth and Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives have no life. I've seen more duplicate threads in the past 24 hours than I have seen since I joined NeoGAF. Step away from your keyboards, guys!
Those two keep the forum alive and fill it with meaningful news and content and don't just spam BS or pointless polls to farm likes or lure warriors out of the reserve to have stupid discussions like other users do.
We should be grateful for their commitment.
Respect boys! 🫶

Last edited:
This is what I don't get, why are people shitting on digital whenever depressing news come up? As of they could go get a physical brand new copy of tales of Symphonia on any gaming store right now lol.

Maybe they're interpreting it as games being removed from people's library?

No, people have a narrative and stick to it.

Notice someone responded and said at least with physical a game can still be acquired. But who is paying 120+ dollars for a used copy of Tales of Xillia 2?

There is something seriously broken in our discourse where the narrative and the agenda are far more important than the reality of the situation.

You start with your general premise that digital is bad and physical is good and you'll argue to the end of the world that narrative despite the facts and you get what we're seeing here.

This is why PC will forever remain the best way to preserve games. Typically developers are unwilling to license Denuvo for the long haul so most of the games are easily backed up and archived.

Top Bottom