• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of[every new tales game] new scans

king zell

posted ?

up130080.jpg

up130079.jpg

Azazela

Banned
Jesus how many Tales games are there :/

Are they that profitable and is Namco that much in need of money?

EDIT: If Tales Of Symphonia is the best this series has to offer, I'll pass. It was pretty bad IMO.

Azazela said:
Jesus how many Tales games are there :/

Are they that profitable and is Namco that much in need of money?

EDIT: If Tales Of Symphonia is the best this series has to offer, I'll pass. It was pretty bad IMO.

Not a lot of people rank Symphonia as the best (well people who have played most of them). Most people will tell you that belongs to Tales of the Abyss which should hit here pretty soon. And it's pretty much ToS but a LOT better.

And yes the Tales games sell well enough for the milking to happen, that's the only logical conclusion anyway.

JavyOO7 said:
What's Tales of the World? A brnad new Tales for PSP?

A spin-off basically but also has characters from main entries; Like Arche, Eugene, Senel, Luke, Raine etc

It should be like the other Tales of the World GBA games presumably, but this time around it uses the exact same battle system as tales of the Abyss.

Amir0x

Banned
Speaking of Tales of the Abyss...

why the heck does EBGames have two seperate listings for Tales of the Abyss? One for $39.99 and one for $49.99 and no indication that it's a special edition for the more expensive version. And this is after I had my hopes up for $29.99 Abyss :(

Amir0x said:
Speaking of Tales of the Abyss...

why the heck does EBGames have two seperate listings for Tales of the Abyss? One for $39.99 and one for $49.99 and no indication that it's a special edition for the more expensive version. And this is after I had my hopes up for $29.99 Abyss :(

Uh-oh that's definitely weird. I have no idea, probably as Xenosaga III is coming in two covers, maybe they are going with something similar here or probably a translated Tales of fandom Gaiden DVD as a bonus since it's the 10th anniversary Tales. I'm clueless.

Azazela

Banned
I'm looking at the characters in this game and I think the designs are just so very "generic" and "cookie cutter". Who does the art for this game and what else has he done?

Azazela said:
I'm looking at the characters in this game and I think the designs are just so very "generic" and "cookie cutter". Who does the art for this game and what else has he done?

What game are you talking about?

BluWacky

Azazela said:

Depends which game.

Destiny - Mutsumi Inomata (a woman). Works essentially in anime; Cyber Formula, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, did some costume designs for My-HiME and Gundam Seed. Giraffe-neck designs.

Phantasia - Kosuke Fujishima. Ah! My Goddess, You're Under Arrest, Sakura Taisen. Probably the "generic" designs you mean, although his Tales of... designs aren't bad. Wide faces.

Some of the characters in Radiant Mythology are from Legendia, and are thus designed by Kazuto Nakazawa - the spindly thin characters with pointy faces are generally his. He's an animation god, but you'll recognise his designs possibly from Kill Bill or Samurai Champloo.

Radiant Mythology - mixture of all three.

Boo at misleading title. (Tempest?)

I still can't believe Namco is making the new World spinoff for PSP. The logical way to go would be to the DS, to follow up the GBA releases. I just don't get it. ;_;

edit: I stand corrected... there's a very obscure section for Tempest that gets overshadowed by everything else, which has its own page. :/ edit 2: poor ToW got overshadowed as well. :/

Top Bottom