• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two is looking to advertise a big marketing campaign in Miami starting late summer 2023

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
LUjs9ws.jpeg

https://www.dexerto.com/gta/gta-6-p...ing-huge-marketing-campaign-in-miami-2140032/

fake? or maybe something here

Neilg

Fake as fuck.

You wouldnt say how big the IP is when asking for something like that directly from an owner. Puts you on the back foot when talking about money.
If dealing with an owner, it wouldnt come from the parent brand, it would come from the marketing agency. for the same reason as above (no billion dollar company goes 'hey i'm a billion dollar company and i'd like to use your building' - they use a subsidiary to act like a small timer)
There would be no details in the initial message, just that we'd like to discuss an opportunity and set up a call.
It would not be a paper letter.
And anyone who's ever actually done this knows you dont reach out to the hotel. The billboard space is managed by a seperate entity, they'd be emailing https://www.outfront.com/ - who are the ones that actually manage what goes on the wall of the guild hotel.

Whoever faked it has never worked in marketing, the idea that a hotel front desk would have anything to do with what goes on the outside of their building is super dumb.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

ya they seem to do it for all their big releases. The only thing is that it seems early but maybe it requires alot of lead time to get approvals?

YLArbFQ.jpg

somesang

Fake as fuck.

You wouldnt say how big the IP is when asking for something like that directly from an owner. Puts you on the back foot when talking about money.
If dealing with an owner, it wouldnt come from the parent brand, it would come from the marketing agency. for the same reason as above (no billion dollar company goes 'hey i'm a billion dollar company and i'd like to use your building' - they use a subsidiary to act like a small timer)
There would be no details in the initial message, just that we'd like to discuss an opportunity and set up a call.
It would not be a paper letter.
And anyone who's ever actually done this knows you dont reach out to the hotel. The billboard space is managed by a seperate entity, they'd be emailing https://www.outfront.com/ - who are the ones that actually manage what goes on the wall of the guild hotel.

Whoever faked it has never worked in marketing, the idea that a hotel front desk would have anything to do with what goes on the outside of their building is super dumb.

"Hi, I'm from [agency name] and I'd like to schedule a call to discuss details on an ad placement opportunity on your property. kthxbye" - source, me.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
There's a bunch of shit screaming "this is fake":

- The fact it's a letter sent to a hotel address, that is not how this shit works lol... and why would you need to say "The Guild Downtown, located in Miami" when you are sending the letter directly to that address? lol
- That janky business card
- The fact they say things like "triple A game".. nobody outside of gaming nerds knows WTF that means
- Stuff like "we'll cover all costs" yeah no shit why would anyone point this out? "hey we'd like to plaster a giant ad on your building, but we'd like you to cover some of it"
- WTF is with that sentence in that last paragraph "even if those periods would be reserved"?

In general it just reads like what a kid/teen would think a business person talks like.

Yoboman

Just no lol

1. Who TF sends letters?
2. Take Two will have an agency representing their buying of advertising space
3. The locations where the advertising can be placed will be managed by an outdoor advertising vendor
4. You don't book huge spots like that with only a few months notice

Yeah, probably fake…
I think that big leak from last year was the only leak we were getting until the game is announced fully with a title and all.
Rockstar on full ninja mode now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom