• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survey from underwear company says 45% of Americans wear underwear 2 days or longer

cryptoadam

Banned

How long do you wear your underwear before putting on a clean pair?
You might be surprised to learn that a new study by Tommy John says that 45% of Americans wear their underwear 2 days or longer. But then again, there's a good chance you might be one of those people.

The shocking findings include:

• 13% of those surveyed wear the same pair of underwear for a week or more
  • Men are more likely to wear underwear for more than a week
  • 46% of those surveyed have owned a pair of underwear for a year or more and 38% say they have no idea how long they have had the same underwear

God damn change your underwear!

cryptoadam

Banned
I refuse to wear my underwear longer than a day. Two if I'm not going to work or anything. But I can't do more than that.

ya 2 days max if its a weekend and I am super lazy not going anywhere.

but if I didn't change from Friday and all of a sudden Sat night I am going to a movie or resto I change my under pants LOL.

I'm not American but yes I do wear them 2 days. No longer than that tho. And only when it's cold or I don't do anything during the day. If I sweat I do shower and change them.

Pejo

This honestly blows my mind.

Then again, my coworker thought I was crazy for using the same bath towel a few times instead of throwing it in the laundry after one use, so maybe I'm the baddie?

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Gaf Gaming-side
yvc67KV.jpg

Poli-Gaf
5Luo2hK.jpg

Last edited:
Right? Imagine getting out of the shower and putting back on your dirty undies again.

That's implying they have a shower to begin with. Me thinks not.

The two days part made for gross reading, but seeing people not changing for weeks and months, that's plain fucking nasty.

mcz117chief

Sometimes I end up with one undies for more than one day (very rarely, like when I am stuck somewhere and I can't change) and the itching I get is absolutely unbearable, at that point I have to go naked under my trousers.

Pimpbaa

I'm a dirty pig and even I change my underwear every day. I bet they also don't wipe their ass that good and and don't wash their hands afterwards.

The only time I ever wear my underwear 2 days in a row is if I'm running late for work and don't shower that morning. And I cannot stress enough how much I hate missing my shower in the morning.

Only reason I can think of that people don't is maybe they don't work/sweat? I can't imagine it. I sweat buckets everyday at work and couldn't even fathom wearing any of my clothes again the next day. I drink at least 1 1/2 gallons of water a day and my clothes at the end of a given work day are soaking wet.

This honestly blows my mind.

Then again, my coworker thought I was crazy for using the same bath towel a few times instead of throwing it in the laundry after one use, so maybe I'm the baddie?
Yeah, the whole point of taking a shower is that by using soap and shampoo you come out cleaner so why wouldn't you use the same towel a few more times before throwing it in the laundry? I have three towels and two smaller ones for my face but I do laundry every two weeks so it works out.

You can get away with wearing the same pants two or maybe three times as long as you remember to shower with soap and change your underwear every day. Not so much if you're sweating a lot during the day though.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Minimum twice a day for me as I take two showers.... once in the morning before work and once when I get home.

If I go somewhere in the evening and it's an awfully hot and humid, when I get home late, that's shower #3 and underwear #3.

I don't get how some people don't shower daily, especially if you put gel in your hair or it's the summer. Your pillows, blanket and clothes must have major sweat stains at all times.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
I think americans also wear shoes to their bed? :messenger_poop:
I dont wear underwear unless i go out public, my lil' balls are not evolved to be cupped up in linen.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
How...? Ugh... HOW?! How is this a thug America? You’re not happy with your shitty gun laws, now you gotta wear shitty pants too?!

I’ll change my damn pants if I’m going out in the evening, so sometimes TWO a day...

Ugh...

Kenpachii

When i was 20 i would keep the same pants for a week without problem even sleep with it.

Dunno why you people shit your underpants every day.

Shifty

Hard to abandon old habit eh

Someone's real embarrassed about the US of A getting called out 🤭 quick, pin it on somewhere else!

When i was 20 i would keep the same pants for a week without problem even sleep with it.

Dunno why you people shit your underpants every day.
Does your taint not sweat, good sir? 🤔

Last edited:
I change every day (twice for Gym)

I did assume that Americans were clean freaks but it turns out they like their own shit better than anyone!

Top Bottom