• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survey about a War Thunder game for PSVR2

Rudius

VR Flights in the PlayStation VR2

Sony Interactive Entertainment announced PlayStation VR2, the new generation of the VR gaming set for PlayStation 5, to be released at the end of February.

Share your opinion, would you like to have the War Thunder spin-off compatible with this platform? We are inviting you to take our survey.

It is important to note, that due to the technical reasons full compatibility with PSVR2 is hardly possible in the nearest future. Since War Thunder naval and ground vehicle battles are more GPU demanding, it is unlikely for these modes to have decent performance in VR without significant tradeoffs in graphics. Furthermore, the PSVR2 support might also require a redesign of the game interface in accordance to its standards and requirements.

Click in the link below for the Survey:

https://warthunder.com/en/news/8084-survey-vr-flights-in-the-playstation-vr2-en

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah, War Thunder's engine looks awesome and performs great with all the updates, just make it 4k 120 fps with all settings cranked to cinematic/maximum, improve on the existing VR support and call it a day.

If the want to develop a solo & cooperative spin off more akin to Wings of Prey that War Thunder was derived from to begin with instead, sure, gimme gimme gimme, on all platforms, I don't care for f2pvp2w.

Last edited:
They talked about supporting the original PSVR, but it never happened and they went dark, refusing to answer any questions on it.
They pulled a bait and switch. Got me to download the game, but never got VR support. Guess they dont want more money. Sony doesnt have any serious flight sim or arcade games with multiplayer for their headset yet. If Microsoft want to bring games to more gamers, then they should make their Flight Simulator game available to Sony for a small price.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They even just released another update, Idk why they'd want to limit the player base, support two different games even with engine/asset/systems sharing, etc. They could limit VR support to planes/choppers only or something if ground stuff are a problem in one client (like Elite Dangerous on PC).

Last edited:

Romulus

They even just released another update, Idk why they'd want to have to support two different games even with engine/asset/systems sharing rather than just port it already. They could limit VR support to planes/choppers only or something if ground stuff are a problem but still have the same client.

I think I remember them saying they wanted to do a PSVR1 version back in the day too.

Top Bottom