• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball Touch Roll DS & Sonic Riders PS2 New Screens - 56k ok

crunker99

figured id put these in 1 thread instead of taking up 2 threads

mmonkey ball ds:

smbds1.jpg

smbds2.jpg

more:
http://www.gamersreports.com/media/183/

Sonic Riders

rider1.jpg

rider2.jpg

more:
http://www.gamersreports.com/media/67/

Grug

Sonic Team need to fire every single one of their artists and inject some new blood into their designs.

The style of the 3d Sonic universe is really uninspiring stuff, its just horrid.

crunker99

[Nintex] said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Are you sure those Sonic riders screens aren't from te DS version?

postiive my man unless sega messed up the label but i doubt it they came the right resolution for ps2 and only came one screen not one on top of the other like ds usually do

rod

Banned
i honest to god thought wow that looks ok for ds...but when did sonic riders get announced? wow good character models for ds...the looked at topic..ps2...does not compute...wtf.

They are screens from a renderware development computer most likely, and don't have all of the effects turned on.... like texture filtering...

AirBrian

Super Monkey Ball Touch DS needs to come with some kind of insurance for your DS. I don't know how many times I almost threw the GC controller. Luckily they were wired, otherwise I know I would be replacing some Wavebirds.

Ranger X

LOL the filter on the textures must not be applied yet. You guys are hilarious :lol

-- Another damn Sonic racing game, it's been 5 to 6 of them i played since Sonic Adventure. (most of them were hidden under a "platforming style" name)

Electrii

Sonic Riders looks like a crappy dreamcast game.

If their next-gen sonic game will suck, they might as well kill the franchise.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AirBrian said:
Super Monkey Ball Touch DS needs to come with some kind of insurance for your DS. I don't know how many times I almost threw the GC controller. Luckily they were wired, otherwise I know I would be replacing some Wavebirds.
When you get a new life every ten bananas, such insurance isn't needed.

jj984jj

Bebpo said:
When the controls are broken as fuck you do!
:lol I'm still wondering why Sega is making such a shoddy version of SMB for the DS, it could be so much better. Music sucks, control sucks, no WiFi battle mode... *sigh* Sega will be Sega I guess.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
elostyle said:
Did the ps2 unlearn texture filtering?
I actually do believe it was done on purpose in order to create a sharp appearance that works well with fast forward motion.

There are a number of games across all platforms where I've seen them simply avoid using texture filtering for this reason. I wish I could recall some examples off hand, though...

Oh, but those pics are pretty ass. I wonder if they can match the glory of Shadow!!!111?!

jj984jj

human5892 said:
They are probably just turning off as many effects as possible in order to get the game to 120 FPS.
OMG 120FPS!! Next-gen. am here!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
jj984jj said:
:lol I'm still wondering why Sega is making such a shoddy version of SMB for the DS, it could be so much better. Music sucks, control sucks, no WiFi battle mode... *sigh* Sega will be Sega I guess.

Yup, I was really disappointed when I loaded the game up this afternoon. :/ It's likely getting sold off for Mario Kart next week.

jj984jj

acklame said:
Holy shit, wtf???

look at the second screen, it looks like a ds game. what the hell is up with the non-existant ground texture?
The buildings look like they were rendered on the DS as well.

Bebpo

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Yup, I was really disappointed when I loaded the game up this afternoon. :/ It's likely getting sold off for Mario Kart next week.

At least you live in a country where you can sell the game off :( Although the first 30-40 stages are pretty playable, it's just after that with the d-pad = >_<

dark10x

Bebpo said:
At least you live in a country where you can sell the game off :( Although the first 30-40 stages are pretty playable, it's just after that with the d-pad = >_<
Wait...where DO you live, Beb?

dark10x

briefcasemanx said:
By the looks of those textures I'm guessing you meant the SNES version, right?
Funny you say that, as one of those textures really does have that "Mode 7" look to it...

Top Bottom