• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Found MagicBox sales data showing best selling PS1,PS2,DC,N64,XBX,GC,GBC, PSP, NDS, and GBA games through 2007. USA.

Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin 8.36 million according to Katsuhiro Harada. But still, the general point of the comment remains: ROTW was definitely the larger share of overall sales.

If you're talking Tekken 3 Japan+US sold over 4 million units, so about 4 million across Europe and other places. It's possible it sold the other half WW. but also I wonder if there are other releases of the game that aren't being tracked that were sold in the US or Japan that are missing from the sales. Some PSX games for example, had the original game/greatest hits, and sometimes they were part of a double release with another game and so on.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I refuse to believe these numbers simply because the hierarchy of sold-through PS2 titles being:
1. GTA Vice City
2. GTA 3
3. GTA San Andreas

By the time San Andreas came out, GTA was already a cultural phenomena. No damn way Vice and 3 outsold it.
It did, san Andreas was huge but it was the third time the formula was used in the same console generation. People also gravitated alot more to the Miami Vice/Scarface vibe than they did Boys in the Hood. I personally owned GTA 3 and vice city and never picked up San Andreas not that it contributed any to the difference in sales.

JimboJones

HonorableVeneratedFlea-max-1mb.gif
Makes you wonder where F-Zero GX ended up.

It did, san Andreas was huge but it was the third time the formula was used in the same console generation. People also gravitated alot more to the Miami Vice/Scarface vibe than they did Boys in the Hood. I personally owned GTA 3 and vice city and never picked up San Andreas not that it contributed any to the difference in sales.
Also the PS2 sold for another 6 years so SA would get ahead anyway but people keep missing that piece.

Top Bottom