• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros Wonder is now the fastest-selling Mario game in Europe

Draugoth

Gold Member
elephant-mario.jpg

Nintendo has announced that Super Mario Bros. Wonder is Europe's fastest-selling Super Mario game ever.

The company announced the statistic today on social media, though did not provide any concrete sales figures. We'll likely get those as part of a global sales update, or financial statement.

Regardless, it's a positive sign things have gone well for Elephant Mario and his warp pipe-stuffing chums - even if Nintendo's mascot couldn't quite beat Spider-Man 2 in the UK's boxed game chart on Monday.

Astral Dog

Nintendo can now use all those profits to make Odyssey two...
This is Mario, i would prefer somethig more fresh,,a brand new concept

Kinda like what they did with Bowser's Fury,rather than Odyssey 2.0 with more Moons

Mostly i hope if they adressed the unexciting Moon quests, up the difficulty and instead of closed stages a seamless world like Bowser Fury that would be rad

StueyDuck

This is Mario, i would prefer somethig more fresh,,a brand new concept

Kinda like what they did with Bowser's Fury,rather than Odyssey 2.0 with more Moons

Mostly i hope if they adressed the unexciting Moon quests, up the difficulty and instead of closed stages a seamless world like Bowser Fury that would be rad
I don't mind something new but definitely not anything like bowsers fury, the only 3d Mario thing ever I couldn't get past more than 20 minutes before giving up.

Odyssey was amazing but I wouldn't mind a galaxy 3

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I don't mind something new but definitely not anything like bowsers fury, the only 3d Mario thing ever I couldn't get past more than 20 minutes before giving up.

Odyssey was amazing but I wouldn't mind a galaxy 3
Galaxy 3 >> 3D World 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Odyssey 2

Woopah

Cool, I assume there’s some financial report coming then? Will we be getting an update on hardware as well?
Yes, its Nintendo's Q2 report so we'll get:

1. Hardware sales per model for each of the 4 regions
  2. Software sales for any first party game that sold over 1 million since 1 April 2023
  3. Updates on the top 10 selling first party games on Switch

Danknugz

another game to top off my mario backlog.

list of mario games i have played through:

mario1,2,3 (nes)
super mario world (snes)
mario 64
new super mario bros (2ds)
been trying to finish mario sunshine for the past like 8 years

Danknugz

I never liked Sunshine and never finished it and have zero desire to go back to it ever.

Just skip it and move on to Galaxy or Odyssey.
can't now i've dedicated so many tries to it, for some reason or another i keep losing progress and have to start over, it's actually been since gamecube days. i recall having some diy rip of it that I somehow managed to play over the network add-in that was linked to a server i had running in my pc, forget the name of the hack, but it was very touch and go, choppy frames, not too playable etc. so there's kind of this history with it for me and just getting the game to run in an emulator feels like an achievement.

Pagusas

Elden Member
been playing this with my wife and loving it. Havn't laughed so much playing a game in a long time. Feels good. Would suck to play this game alone. Her playing Yoshi + Me as Mario makes a great team.

Last edited:
Nintendo can now use all those profits to make Odyssey two...

Whatever the next iteration of 3D Mario is has to have been in some form of development since 2018. The EPD Tokyo team hasn’t been sitting around twiddling their thumbs the last 6 years.

Bowser’s Fury was made by a small team and was a micro-size game… they haven’t released a full-size game since Odyssey.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
People can complain about Switch's lack of "power" all they want but Nintendo releases DAMN good games.

Last edited:
People can complain about Switch's lack of "power" all they want but Nintendo releases DAMN good games.
I've been playing Odyssey after I finished up Wonder and I'm not going to lie, these graphics are ROUGH. 900p base resolution when docked with dynamic resolution scaling down to 810p and 720p, extremely flat lighting, and no anti-aliasing. It is not a good looking game at all.

If there is an Odyssey 2 for the Super Switch, I hope the graphics get a big upgrade for the sequel.

Top Bottom