• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64 with RTX

Soltype

Wonder if they can ever get the game to look close to the renders.
Eme5TBn.jpg

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I wonder what MK8 deluxe would look like fully ray traced? I am blown away every time that I play it on my switch. It already looks amazing

KellyNole

It’s beautiful and I hate it lol. Has a weird feel to the visuals my nostalgia brain can’t overcome.

Last edited:

Sejan

Maybe I’m in the minority, but the addition of RTX here, while impressive, doesn’t look good with the art style. It looks really disjointed.

Mato

Looks surprisingly good. Reminds me of old school 3d tech demos. It looks impressive in the way that N64 games looked impressive to me back then when I first saw them 25 years ago. Does that make sense? I actually prefer this weird clash of low poly/RT over the visual style of Odyssey( Which is not to say that Odyssey looks bad.).

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

game looks awesome with rtx....ppl who complain should complain about how ugly mario 64 is not rtx...game looks amazing with rtx, dont see how it can look worse..

Maybe I’m in the minority, but the addition of RTX here, while impressive, doesn’t look good with the art style. It looks really disjointed.
I'm gonna have to agree with this. Everytime I see these RTX added videos it generally just looks bad. Like when everybody was posting ENB videos and everything was just soaking wet. Or when people make Zelda in Unreal Engine, just no.

Type_Raver

Beautiful, love this! With some ambient occlusion (bounce lighting) it would be chefs kiss.

Now hopefully it will eventually come to Zelda oot and mm, fzero, Diddy kong racing... but unlikely coz theyre not ported to pc like mario64.

Top Bottom