• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one who let him escape was Nero. He couldn't pull the trigger/missed intentionally. I don't understand why that scene raises questions? I thought it was pretty straightforward?

Its not supposed to raise questions, it was a self counter argument to the other theory

Qurupeke

Perfect Blue
TLkxu2x.png
So, this is the idol hell.

Extremely good movie. I've been a fan of Aronofsky's Black Swan, so this was something I've been meaning to watch for a long time now, but I kept delaying it. Fortunately, it surpassed my expectations or more like it skyrocketed out of them. I loved it. Black Swan was awfully similar to Perfect Blue, in such a degree that it makes me wonder how much Aronofsky was inspired by Satoshi Kon's movie. However, it didn't even touch the "trippy" feeling of this movie, as their similarities end around the first two thirds of Perfect Blue. I was constantly questioning what was real and what was an illusion for a good portion of the movie and the pay off was excellent. Really mind blowing, especially the scenes and the dreams
around the time the photographer was murdered.

That said, oh my god, this was so disturbing.
Rumi's mental condition on the climax (and the final scene), the fake rape scene and the real rape attempt. All of them had some really shocking depictions.
They did a perfect job portraying Mima's stress, worsening mental condition and paranoia too.

Qualidea Code 1

Definitely in the top shows of the season, it has every thing I love, attractive overconfident powerful lead with eyes only for his rival, post apocalyptic world with the hopes of the world resting on children blessed with magical power, and large scale powerful magical battles with ties to science fiction. Perfect.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Remember: Anime just means animation. "Semi-anime" isn't even a thing. If you consider Thunderbirds animation there's no reason to not consider Thunderbolt the same thing.

Eumi

Remember: Anime just means animation. "Semi-anime" isn't even a thing. If you consider Thunderbirds animation there's no reason to not consider Thunderbolt the same thing.

People consider thunderbirds animation? I've never heard that, puppets always seemed to be a separate thing.

I think it's rather sketchy to call filming live puppetry "animation", although I believe Thunderbolt Fantasy uses CG effects applied to the raw footage that would count as animation. But I have no reason to be dogmatic about excluding it from anime talk. It's obvious, considering the personalities involved and how it's being distributed, that Thunderbolt Fantasy is aimed at an audience of anime fans.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This Thunderbolt Fantasy debate is going to be headache inducing come voting season. For the record, no, this puppet show isn't anime, it is called Budaisi. I suppose the devil is in the details since we got anime people working on the project and it is a co-production between Taiwan and Japan.

Endride Episode 14

This could have replaced last weeks glorified recap, though they didnt progress any beyond Shun and Emilio making up which was nice. Though I miss the bickering that I love so much.

Best scene easily was
Cm9S6UGXYAAxjdY.jpg:small

This Thunderbolt Fantasy debate is going to be headache inducing come voting season. For the record, no, this puppet show isn't anime, it is called Budaisi. I suppose the devil is in the details since we got anime people working on the project and it is a co-production between Taiwan and Japan.

If CGI shit can be anime then why not

TUSR

Banned

Good thing I am taking care of the voting for 2016 AOTY

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Thunderbolt Fantasy Episode 1

What did I just watch?

I was not prepared.

Why are Chinese names so hard to pronounce. Can I get a legit romanization?

I noticed that the Main Male Character was left handed which is still pretty rare so I was a bit surprised., but then noticed the whole cast is either dual wielders or left handed. Is this on purpose or was this filmed and then the video mirrored?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A-RISE anime when?
Too old, already at the idol glue factory. :(

While there are some peculiar oddities with the original show, I think it's safe to say that songs that didn't feature in the show don't exist in that universe. Remember, they only existed as a group for one academic year. They establish that Maki wrote the music and Umi the words, and it would take nothing short of a miracle for two just people to write the entire µ's catalogue in that amount of time.
Or they're just that good.
I suppose it's just best not to think about it, considering Aqours already has like 10 songs. lol

Just T

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast: 1

Ok.....this was terrible. There is one scene where the MC (who is a dumbass by the way) is about to be buried by this girl, he was knocked out before but was fully conscious while this was taking place. He was forming complete sentences and even had time for a flashback of some shit that was shown a few scenes prior. Now this hole is small enough for him to put his arms on the edges by sitting up to talk to the girl who he thinks is his sister who he never met before, he's even pretty happy about this thought. The girl says she isn't and kicks him back down, now what do you think happens next?

A. He gets up and runs away.

B. She knocks him out again.

C. She throws a scoop and a half on him, barely enough to cover his lap while he just sits there.

And the answer is!?

Yep you got it right he just sits there, yelling then zombies show up which makes him brush the dirt off and sit back up.

Ben-To - 4

I... Uh, wasn't expecting that bath scene.

Also what was the purpose of that new OP? Haha.

Name them all Shi, Shi, Shi or even Shi to help the audience remember the characters easier..

I remember a video of a guy giggling watching that kid's cartoon of the chinese girl, because snow sounds like "shiiiiiiiiiiii" and they kept going like

"let's tell her she needs to fill her basket with shiiiiiiiiii"

Gvitor

Sweetness and Lightning - A Shokugeki no Soma Prequel - 01

This is going to make me cry, isn't it?

Also, lol at the final request.

And is eating only rice for dinner a thing?

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 14

As expected, Mahiru is indeed related to Yozora. Sisters in this case. Along with one of the M4 boys, which would make him Mahiru's twin? Jeez, this family is loaded. Yozora is another one of those who were born for success. Mahiru was avoiding her sister so she can catch up to her on her own merits. Standard stuff really, but it helped give Yozora some character. Mahiru's karate stuff was neat. Pretty dance too. That just leaves Koharu, Ako, Tsubasa, and Yuzu for dances. Can't believe Koharu still hasn't gone yet. Well, at least the inevitable Kasumi sisters live will be hype-wait, next episode? Come on, don't blow your load already. This show is lasting at least a year. Let these events build up in the fandom a bit.

Love Live Sunshine 02

Haha the school council girl is just a huge school idol-stan. Good turn around on her being an Eli clone.

I'm enjoying this more then I thought I would. Was expecting some Sakura Trick lesbian physics at the end their tho

Soma S2 02

Since the end of S1 I've kinda fallen out of love with Soma, but thats not really the anime's fault. Its the mangas fault because this current arc sucks and has drained all my goodwill for the series.

Then again, Alice was in it

gargles

Thunderbolt Fantasy - 1

I have to admit: I almost fell asleep while watching this episode. Trying to watch something while feeling dead tired is not a good idea. Watched the first 6 minutes and gave up.
But the second time... Absolutely worth it. Will take a while to assimilate those Chinese names but it's something I'll do it without any complaints. Urobuchi, I'll board your damned train one more time. Take my soul and make me suffer just like you did with Madoka.

91 Days - 1

Luckily, I've managed to "survive" during this one. And oh boy, there's a lot of potential on this one. Just like some said, this can be what Joker Game wasn't. Hoping this one delivers. And if it does, then it might very well be a AOTS contender.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's been a while since I cleaned my case's main filter.

I can only describe the film of dust that built up as "mofu".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom