• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stung By 83 Different Insects, Biologist Rates His Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Sometimes, I complain about Canadian winters. Then I go into one of these threads and I'm thankful in their part in keeping bugs small

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
He said he managed to not get stung by these:

191t5r8wkyaf5jpg.jpg

From an article from 2013:
Last summer, some Asian giant hornets were spotted in Illinois.

NOPE

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Here's a video where the L.A Beast gets stung by bullet ants. Dude is drenched in sweat, looks like he got out of the shower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NMNbr4z7eE&ab_channel=skippy62able

Damn, the difference between those two. The skinny guy started screaming almost instantly, but L.A. Beast managed to handle shit for over FOUR MINUTES. Good god, the man is definitely more beast than man.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
On his favorite — the harvester ant

They have the most toxic known insect venom. It's really potent — something like 40 times stronger than a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake.

Whoa. Always wondered what the most poisonous insect was. Funny to see it would actually be an ant.

I'm skimming through the boom right now and he does give IGN levels of scoring

Red Bull Ant
"Like a brightly colored LEGO, charming till its lodge in the arch of your foot in the dark"

Pain level: 1.5/4

Club-horned Wasp
"Disappointing. A paper clip falls on your bare foot."

Pain Level: 0.5/4

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'd try this stuff given the opportunity. I've only been stung by bees and wasps. Those barely registered on my pain index. I've had splinters that were way worse.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well have he ever stepped on Legos?

I kneeled on a small steel bolt and it was immediately worse than the centipede. But a vanishing fraction of the duration.

The centipede was an insultingly explosive blast of red hot bullet style, followed by a pounding torture of insistent ache for literally 36 hours.

But the bolt was a nauseating bone rape with a thick marrow aftertaste and a humiliating splash of knowing there is zero permanent injury.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
All I learned was that I am stupid, the locals aren't exaggerating and that I wasted two days of vacation in excruciating pain. Oh and that centipedes do not require much provocation to bite you.

tbQ41S9.jpg

Only time I've ever heard my father scream in terror in my entire life was when we were living in Japan and as he was washing the dishes, he lifted up a plate to find one of these underneath angrily thrashing around looking for someone to punish for getting him wet.

I may be mismemberin' but I believe Tarantula Hawks are somewhat docile unless provoked and will mostly leave people alone. Still was terrifying when one decided to come visit us on a boat and buzz around exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom