• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 has sold over 2 million copies worldwide

Tsaki

A quarter of the time it took for Street Fighter 5. Impressive and deserved!
zIgNu5u.gif

I’ll add one more sale when I resell my copy. I’ve played it a lot since release. I’m now at the point where I am too good to play against newbs, but not good enough to play against veterans. it was fun while it lasted.

[Sigma]

I wonder if this is going to be a reverse SFV with SF6 having frontloaded sales then tapering off like FF7R.
Considering this game will be supported for at least 5 more years it will continue to sell. Of course not at this rate of right now but it will reach the 10 million goal.

Last edited:

Blackage

SFVI has a much stronger foundation at release than SFV had, that said SFV is still the best selling Street Fighter. I'm sure SFVI will outsell it over the next 4-5 years of support it gets. :)

I'm surprised they're not rolling out costume packs faster though. The battle pass was also a bit underwhelming.

I’m still kind of on the fence about getting it. Watching tournaments it looks fun, but none of my mains are in it or the first round of DLC. Also is there a way to buy the DLC characters with earned in game currency like SF5 had?

Considering this game will be supported for at least 5 more years it will continue to sell. Of course not at this rate of right now but it will reach the 10 million goal.

I don't see that, especially with competition already coming out from other players. Several games are supported for 5 years and couldn't hope to sell 5million. SFV wasn't even going to sell 4M until Capcom put their all in to save the game and after there was a lull in fighting game releases.

We will have a better idea of where it'll end up once the release honeymoon dies down.

[Sigma]

I don't see that, especially with competition already coming out from other players. Several games are supported for 5 years and couldn't hope to sell 5million. SFV wasn't even going to sell 4M until Capcom put their all in to save the game and after there was a lull in fighting game releases.

We will have a better idea of where it'll end up once the release honeymoon dies down.
The competition can do whatever it wants, that doesn't negatively affect SF fanbase as a whole. Both SFIV and SFV has already shown this. What it has going for it is that people know it will be around years from now and they can come and jump knowing they won't be jumping into a dead game. The new consoles will probably be at least 1 year into there life cycle before they even announce a new Street Fighter game. It will get that 10 million. Slowly but surely.

Last edited:

Lupin25

Great start. Not really a SF guy, but the game looks smooth.

If Tekken 8 squeezes in this year like I’m hoping then we’ll have the holy trinity.

dezzy8

SF 6, MK1, Tekken 8. What a time to be alive. As much as I love SF6 right now, I think Project L is going to shake the whole fighting game genre up.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Great start. Not really a SF guy, but the game looks smooth.

If Tekken 8 squeezes in this year like I’m hoping then we’ll have the holy trinity.
Holy Duality since Mortal Kombat sucks :messenger_expressionless:

I doubt it tho, Tekken 8 seems locked for 2024

Last edited:
SF 6, MK1, Tekken 8. What a time to be alive. As much as I love SF6 right now, I think Project L is going to shake the whole fighting game genre up.
Fighting games have made a strong comeback starting with Strive a couple years ago.

Marvel 3 returning to Evo makes me wonder if they're setting it up for a Marvel 4 announcement.

xiskza

For comparison with SFV:

Feb 2016 - Mar 2016 (1.4m)
Apr 2016 - Jun 2016 (1.4m)
Jul 2016 - Sep 2016 (1.4m)
Oct 2016 - Dec 2016 (1.5m)
Jan 2017 - Mar 2017 (1.6m)
Apr 2017 - Jun 2017 (1.7m)
Jul 2017 - Sep 2017 (1.9m)

dezzy8

Fighting games have made a strong comeback starting with Strive a couple years ago.

Marvel 3 returning to Evo makes me wonder if they're setting it up for a Marvel 4 announcement.
I would hate for Capcom to have to deal with Marvel/Disney and their BS. I wish they would just make a Vs fighter with only Capcom characters.

Good, I’m glad it’s doing well. Very fun game. Hard to play other fighting game after having access to drive impact and parry AND full meter at the start of the round…. Like you get to start actually playing from the min the round starts

Shake Your Rump Shake Your Rump
Welcome to the bell curve

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
SFV wasn't even going to sell 4M until Capcom put their all in to save the game and after there was a lull in fighting game releases.
Well yeah, because Capcom had to save the game. SFVI is near perfect at launch, there's no 'saving' that needs to be done. Besides optimize the PC version more, i guess.

With how much people are loving the game as well as the extremely high review scores, combined with Capcom's phenomenal track record over the past 6 years.... Yeah. 10 million is very likely for SF6 IMO.

Well yeah, because Capcom had to save the game. SFVI is near perfect at launch, there's no 'saving' that needs to be done. Besides optimize the PC version more, i guess.

With how much people are loving the game as well as the extremely high review scores, combined with Capcom's phenomenal track record over the past 6 years.... Yeah. 10 million is very likely for SF6 IMO.

Yeah it doesn't make any sense. Not even a well favored revived SF2-like SFIV with 4 releases (5 if 3DS) after year long absence couldn't reach 10M combined. It really depends on how frontloaded it is and how long it can have sales legs which we will know in the next month or so.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How well does SF have to sell for us to get Darkstalkers 4?
or will we never get it BECAUSE of how well SF sells?

How well does SF have to sell for us to get Darkstalkers 4?
or will we never get it BECAUSE of how well SF sells?
Doubt it's worth it to them to put the resources into reviving a super niche series.

Best you can probably hope for is members from the cast appearing in a potential MvC4.

Top Bottom