• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things Season 4 New Teaser Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Stranger Things season 4 might not arrive until 2022, and to help wait for the release of the new adventures of Mike, Will, Eleven, Dustin and the others, Netflix has released a new teaser:

series-quelles-sont-celles-qu-il-faut-attendre-en-2021-8.png

Little is know for now, this season was supposed to arrive early 2021 but was delayed because of COVID.
This season will not be the last, the information comes straight from Ross Duffer. The co-creator of the show has confirmed that a fifth season will see the light of day, to the delight of fans.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
I loved the first season and stopped watching after the second. Is it worth going back to?

I had no idea they were making a 4th.

Personally, I found season 3 to be the weakest so far. It had its moments, but it wasn't as good as season 2 and nowhere near as good as season 1.

I agree. I'll still probably rewatch the series and catch the new one when it comes out, but I'm not expecting it to be fantastic. The trailer kinda slaps though so we'll see.

Pagusas

Elden Member
i found season 1 good, 2 horrible and 3 mostly decent with some horrible elements. I feel they are at least on the right path to end on a fun note. Just for the love of god NO MORE MUSICAL elements! When that moment happen I nearly turned off the tv in disgust for how badly it was done.

Last edited:
I loved the first season and stopped watching after the second. Is it worth going back to?

I may be in the minority here, but I thought the third season was WAY better than the second - not as good as the first though.

Having said that, personally I think they should've just let this cast/storyline go after the first season. I think a Stranger Things universe where every season follows a different group of people would've been infinitely more interesting.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Stranger things like Ozarks clicked with a lot of people I think season 4 should have been ready this year. Normally teasers are in the same year.
200.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Stranger things like Ozarks clicked with a lot of people I think season 4 should have been ready this year. Normally teasers are in the same year.
200.gif
I hope they don't shit up Ozarks like they did with Bloodline. My goodness the first 2 seasons were so gripping in Bloodline, only for the last to be rushed to its grave.

kunonabi

Season 3 is extremely entertaining despite being dumb as a box of rocks and the forced identity politices. Which is more than you can say about season 2 which was just a retread of season 1 only much worse.

StormCell

Eh. I understand how season 2 can kinda get lost in the mix with how season 3 left off. It's universally agreed that the show was much, much more interesting in season 1 -- we knew the least about the thing we were afraid of back then, so it follows logically. Season 2 gets more praise from me precisely because it dares to retread the same path, and I frankly found the big thing in the upside down world really intriguing. It was at least freaky. It wasn't as freaky as season 1, but it was more so than season 3.

Season 3 is where the show has started going off the tracks for me. We brought the scary into this world. It had to have some hosts. It had to have plenty of fleshly bodies to build for itself a body. It just isn't as scary when you put the flesh on it. Where do we go from here? Oh, and anyone you thought was cool and a good match for our now-single dude you can just write that shit off -- she's gayer than a rainbow unicorn farting rainbows. At this point, seriously, f--k you woke writers. You knew exactly what you were doing playing with our expectations and feelings like that. It was bound to happen, of course. Like many other things Netflix, they hook you with the first two seasons and then inject identity politics in going forward...

I hope Season 4 is good. I really do. If season 3 was the pause where we take a look at the characters for a bit, then season 4 should be a lot more action and resolution.

Tygeezy

They need to go back to playing D & D. The kids using dungeons and dragons to explain what was going on is what made it interesting. Season three with the kids moving on from D & D because of their interest in girls and dealing with teen relationship problems was lame.

mortal

Gold Member
Stranger Things is one of those shows that would've made for a great miniseries.

As much as I did enjoy some of the characters arks in the later seasons, I'm not sure what else is left to explore in this narrative without retreading the same ideas.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I will say one thing, 11 is the worst charecter of the show by a very large margin, the fact they'd give her top billing/priority in the trailer is concerning

RaptorGTA

Worriesome they're going back to the past to create new ideas for Season 4. Honestly, season 4 was nearly forgettable for me. It's really hard to capture the magic of the first season. Hard to do for any show/movie. Not really sold on Season 4 from this trailer.

died with that punk episode and discovery of other mutants in s2. s3 is try hard and meh.

s1 set up so much, and you can tell there were no plans for after s1, until they needed to have plans. show shoulda went in a totally different direction and instead I'm sure nflx suits got in the way and steered it differently.

Last edited:
I will say one thing, 11 is the worst charecter of the show by a very large margin, the fact they'd give her top billing/priority in the trailer is concerning
11 was interesting in the first season. Season 2 made me stop caring about her and season 3 doubled down on 11 being lame. The more we learn about her the less interesting she is. This is one of those shows that becomes a victim of it's own success.

Kazza

Kinda crazy how quickly the interest in this show fell off.

The trailer has over a million views already, and it only just came out today, so I'd say that interest in the show is still pretty high.

That said, I agree with what others here have already said, about how they should have went with a new cast and a new location (and possibly a new era - I heard that the the 2nd season was going to be set in the 90s) as originally intended. I still thought that 2 and 3 were decent, but I have very low expectations for 4.

Kazza

Man season 3 was horrible. Felt like a skit their entire time.

It had it's moments, but it did perhaps lean a bit too much into the comedy aspect. I just treat the three seasons as different genres. The first was a genuine mystery/thriller, where both the viewers and the characters alike were kept in the dark about what was really going on: is Will dead or alive? Is Will's mum just crazy, or are those strange things really happening? Etc. Any revelation for the characters was almost always a surprise for the audience too. In season 2 the mystery was pretty much all gone, and it felt like what Aliens was to the original Alien movie. I think the whole body snatchers element of 3 was really wasted - both the audience and the kids pretty much knew straight away who had been possessed - they could have had some nice twists and surprises.

God knows where they are going to go with Season 4.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Kinda crazy how quickly the interest in this show fell off.
Exactly, at this point its gonna be...3 years since the last season came out by the time 4 does. I really liked seasons 1 and 3, but its gonna be hard to make me care again after that much time has passes

Vestal

Gold Member
i found season 1 good, 2 horrible and 3 mostly decent with some horrible elements. I feel they are at least on the right path to end on a fun note. Just for the love of god NO MORE MUSICAL elements! When that moment happen I nearly turned off the tv in disgust for how badly it was done.
The fuck? Never Ending story thing was great!!!!

Personally I’ve loved the show and look forward to season 4. I guess as a child of the 80s I am the main demographic for the show. Everything clicks, the wardrobe, lighting, props, dialog and off course the soundtrack. Is as 80s as you can get.

rkofan87

Gold Member
i hope they do not give in to twitter and turn will gay.
ps i do not want will to be gay just in case that is not clear.

Last edited:
All 3 seasons were really good but you have to look at all 3 seasons as differents kinds of the same show.

The first season was the darkest because of the mystery and the people dealing with the mystery...once you start to explain those things away you cant make the same kind of show again for season 2 and 3 and i think thats what people were expecting. Season 2 was more of an action story and season 3 more of an adventure. Interested to see what they do with 4 since its obvious Hopper is in a cell in Russia somewhere.

belmarduk

I loved the third season and am looking forward to the next. Lots of times, interest in shows wanes if they don't stick to a regular schedule. Look at the mediocre response to the trailer for the new Ricky and Morty trailer. People are going to lose interest if it takes years for a new season. If they would've put out season 4 of Stranger Things out early in 2020, the show would've remained huge -- particularly with the cliffhanger ending of season 3.

Fbh

I still need to watch Season 3.
First one was good but the second one already felt like they were running out of ideas.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They need to use Nightmare on Elm Street as the template or something. Up the body count and the horror. Forget all the adults, no one cares. Wade through a senior high school class worth of blood.

farmerboy

3rd season was ok. But season 1 & 2 were great (season 1 being best) and more than warrant a 4th season. Hopefully it gets back to the more suspenseful horror of season 1. By the looks of this teaser, there will be more exploration of what happened to Eleven before her escape.

I would have been happy to see it end with season 4 but if it delivers, then I'll welcome 5.

Imotekh

The thing is Season 1 actually had horror. Seasons 2 and 3 leaned way more into the comedy and happened to have CG monsters.

Top Bottom