• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stop Ruining Console Games With PC Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this not what PC games are like today ? Did I miss the Batman stuff last year? Do we not have performance threads where every thing is broken down on how to get 2 fps more? Do I see patch threads every two weeks for games? Do digital foundry threads have an absurd mixture of letters and numbers?
1. Great job, the one game that the devs completely dropped the fucking ball. Nice cherry picking.
2. Please link threads with pages on how to get 2 FPS.
3. Console games get patched just as often as PC games, hrrrrrrrrm.

What is the disagreement with the first sentence? PC gamers are spec obsessed and prone to far more bugs and hiccups than standardized consoles. I mean we have durante, complains about capped frame rates, restrictions on resolutioms, etc.

Good idea for an article, but the execution was horrid.

What is the disagreement with the first sentence? PC gamers are spec obsessed and prone to far more bugs and hiccups than standardized consoles. I mean we have durante, complains about capped frame rates, restrictions on resolutioms, etc.
Durante is a special case for companies attempting to port console games to pc with no pc development experience. It's surprising we end up getting a port at all. If it was the other way around, we'd have no way to fix the console issues, so point for PCs.

People complain about these because there is 0 reason to enforce these restrictions on a PC.

Mohasus

The fact that were not sure if we'll be able to play all ps4 and Xbox one games going forward or if we're going to be like cross gen players and getting shitty back ports.

Fact? You mean the "there aren't going to be scorpio exclusives" fact?

If you are paranoid, then that's your problem. But don't call that a fact.

Did I miss the Batman stuff last year?
Batman was fixed, but you clearly missed Just Cause 3 on consoles. Broken games exist everywhere.

Cartho

giphy.gif

Hektor

Batman was fixed, but you clearly missed Just Cause 3 on consoles. Broken games exist everywhere.

Or The Witcher 3. Or Fallout 4.

This narrative of constantly broken PCgames vs perfectly fine running console games is one of the dumbest there is on GAF.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Here's a hot tip: before making a thread about an article or op-ed, stop and think about what the reaction will be to the thread's source. If it's going to be 90% people angrily pointing out all the ways that the writer is ignorant of the subject and making foolish claims, maybe consider not posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom