• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Mythology: Retold is coming to Xbox consoles and Windows PC later in 2024

ManaByte

Gold Member
I just thought with MS bringing their games this will probably come too.
They ported a Tango game that has a sequel in early stages of pre-production to put new eyes on the IP and draw people to Xbox for the sequel, a niche adventure game set in the 1300s church that was made by 13 people, Minecraft with bugs, and a MMO.

And now the port begging is out of hand.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Sweet, can't wait for this to land on Ps5 eventually.
giphy.gif

hinch7

Day one. One of the my goats, love the setting and gameplay in this and I'm not a big rts fan. Can't wait.

Hudo

remaster of the original Dawn of War and World in Conflict. If ever an rts game could work well on console World in Conflict would be it, I'm fact it was originally going to be released on xbox 360.
Hell yeah! World in Conflict was awesome. Such a shame that the IP is rotting somewhere down in Ubisoft's basement.

Hell yeah! World in Conflict was awesome. Such a shame that the IP is rotting somewhere down in Ubisoft's basement.
Yes it's a massive shame, what a game. Perfect rts for console too, I spent so many hours playing as infantry in the online mode, was awesome. The single player story was really good too.

Kerotan

Maybe. But I also could imagine that Age is too niche to bother to port over. But I'd love for more people to be able to play any Age game! The franchise deserves to be more popular.

I wish EA would care about Command & Conquer as much as Microsoft care about Age ...
I could be wrong but aren't some of the 4 games they've confirmed niche? I'd only heard of grounded and sea of thieves.

Pelao

I can't wait.
I fucking love this game. I've replayed the campaign more times than I can remember.
The first website I ever made completely from scratch was an Age of Mythology site when I was 13. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Allandor

Cool, still have my alpha/beta version of that game from around 2000/2001. Even that version was fun to play. And back than developers send you a disc so you can participate.

Hudo

I could be wrong but aren't some of the 4 games they've confirmed niche? I'd only heard of grounded and sea of thieves.
You're right. I think Pentiment can be considered "niche". Sea of Thieves and Grounded are service-games, so they make sense to port over. The fourth game is Hi-Fi Rush.... which I wouldn't exactly consider niche. At least not as niche as RTS games (unfortunately) have become.

Top Bottom