• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Still no FarCry 6 gameplay at this point ?

Omeyocan

FarCry 6 is supposed to release by the end of september and still no gameplay footage shown ? What’s wrong with Ubisoft ? This one of my most anticipated games for this year and it feels quite strange that there is zero gameplay shown yet and the release date is less than 7 months away. Let’s add to this that it’s been in developpment for more than 4 years.

jaysius

Banned
It's a copy and pasta of the past Far Cry games and they don't want to be called out on it because they have almost nothing new on their release calendar next to it. Seeing how they got hung on the AssCreed Snorehalla, they'll probably do an "influencer" blitz nearer to launch and hope to trick rubes like that.

Not ready to be shown with less than 7 monts until this game release ? This is ridiculous.
I believe there's no point on showing it. Like some else said, it's far cry. Activision. Usually shows CoD gameplay 5 months before release, so I would say Ubisoft is pretty much on time.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Not ready to be shown with less than 7 monts until this game release ? This is ridiculous.
Shit happens, remember when batman arkham knight was announced for october 2014, only like 4 or 5 months before that? The game didnt end up coming out until june 2015 and i dont think we saw gameplay until march of that same year

jakinov

FarCry 6 is supposed to release by the end of september and still no gameplay footage shown ? What’s wrong with Ubisoft ? This one of my most anticipated games for this year and it feels quite strange that there is zero gameplay shown yet and the release date is less than 7 months away. Let’s add to this that it’s been in developpment for more than 4 years.
Like you said, it's supposed to release in 7 months. Not next month. Why show unpolished gameplay (and maybe even tentative gameplay) randomly in the year? Most companies don't show games this early unless it aligns with some marketing event.

So what if it's been in development for 4 years? It's not coming until 7 more months because it's not done. Again unless they want to align with some marketing event they aren't going to show anything.

The vast majority of entertainment or even other products don't show off things until near the release. Main reason is they don't want a lot of early unpolished media of things floating around, not all the details are firm and they want to consolidate the marketing near the actual release i.e. close to when people can actually buy the product. Most people aren't going to think about buying a product they saw a random video of 7 months ago.

Redlight

Kupfer

What do you need gameplay for? It's gonna be Far Cry 3/4/5/NewDawn gameplay in a different scenario.
-just.ubisoft.things

Edit:
It’s fucking Far Cry.

It's a copy and pasta of the past Far Cry games

I believe there's no point on showing it. Like some else said, it's far cry.

Will be the same as all the others in a different setting.

Whoops, I was too late.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Man I wish they would put in a lot of effort into world simulation, things reacting as you expect...prune tree branches with your bullets - yes sir. Shoot plaster off a wall, sure thing. Blow up a car and see a straw roof catch on fire.

Apart from that, quiet somber exploration- let the environment tell a story, not something to kill or harvest every 5 steps.

Feels like I’m talking about Farcry 2.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Just watch some Far Cry 5 gameplay and you'll get the same experience.

There are multiple demos out, just play Far Cry 2, 3, 4, 5, new dawn or primal

Just joking guys, not a flame

You’re drowning in cynicism here guys, geez. That trailer did look hype-inducing but yea, it was just a CGI. It’s high time they remind us this game still exists if it’s releasing this year.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
er.. do they even need to show anything? every game has simply been a reskin of the previous, its like the FIFA of first person shooters only with more added useless shite.. hey whatever floats your boat but ubisoft games are well ubisoft games and are as bout as exciting as waiting on a fucking gender reveal... now farcry 1, that was a fucking great game

Kuranghi

Eh I like Far Cry for what it is, an enjoyable silly time, I don't really analyze media too much if I can, especially when I know it wont stand up to deep analysis. Far Cry 5 had that great "tutorial island" (completely cribbed from BotW no doubt) I really liked, great intro to the world. I liked throwing shovels at peoples in stealth, great fun. I like a lot of things about it, I just ignore the shit parts or mitigate them somehow.

The way they altered how the missions work in 5 made for some really funny stuff too, you could abandon and return to things more easily than in previous titles, so you could get into the boss battle with one of the main baddies (a plane battle) and if you just bailed on the battle by jumping out of your plane you could go back to open world stuff and he'd just be up there flying around forever shouting abuse at you. Then I went to a new story mission part in a church where whoever was left of the big bads would be there (If you'd beaten one of them they weren't there) and even though he was literally circling the church in the plane and calling me a fucker I walked in and he was there for the cutscene. I found this extremely funny.

I find the changes they make in Far Cry games from 3 to 4 to 5 to be enough to keep me interested, they also improved the pathfinding quite a bit in Far Cry 5 since you could let the AI drive you to any waypoint you set as long as its pathable, which was excellent for me playing singleplayer.

I can understand the frustration with AC games being samey recently, I haven't enjoyed them since Unity (Skipped Syndicate for technical reasons, I might've liked that one I suppose, so really from Origins onwards I dislike) because they didn't change anything but FC 3 to 4 to 5 did actually add things. Not new things to games, but new for FC. Like the little gyro and rope climbing/swinging in 4, and flying + companions in 5, I can't put my finger on what keeps me coming back but I don't know if I want to, its just been a really fun game for me.

Humdinger

I'm replaying Far Cry 3 right now and having a good time. Enjoyed Primal a lot, too.

I have some trepidations about 6, mainly for two reasons. First, it's set in an urban environment, and I vastly prefer an open, natural environment. Second, the last entry (Far Cry 5) had a frantic, ADHD-style pace, where you couldn't walk in the woods for 10 seconds without something happening. For me, that ruined the pacing, felt very unrealistic, and broke any sense of immersion. I'm concerned that they'll stick with this "throw action at the player constantly, or he might get bored" game design. It puts me off.

But the game is still on my radar, and I look forward to hearing more, eventually.

I hope the stealth in 6 is more like 3 and 4, and less like 5. I love going around like a silent ninja taking out entire camps, so hopefully that aspect is getting more love than the last one.

jaysius

Banned
"A few months after Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla had the best launch week in the series’ history, Ubisoft has now reported that the game also helped give the company its most profitable financial quarter yet."

They must be terrified.
If you read the after hype opinions AKA the actual users, many people hate the game, yes rubes bought it because of the hype machine, but you never know maybe they'll learn this time... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MiguelItUp

Either we're going to see this within the next month or so, or it's getting delayed, lol. At least that's what I'm assuming. It's pretty crazy at this point.

Man I wish they would put in a lot of effort into world simulation, things reacting as you expect...prune tree branches with your bullets - yes sir. Shoot plaster off a wall, sure thing. Blow up a car and see a straw roof catch on fire.

Apart from that, quiet somber exploration- let the environment tell a story, not something to kill or harvest every 5 steps.

Feels like I’m talking about Farcry 2.

I dunno, sounds like you're talking about Far Cry 3 if anything. 2 was almost as annoying as 5 with the constant enemy attacks.

CitizenZ

Banned
I thought Far Cry 5 was actually great, better than 3 and 4.

Hope 6 can keep the momentum.

Slow down, i agree 5 was better than the previous 2 but for real, it will still be just an ok game. Nothing special, good co op, sht story, bland quests, shoot and kill everything, and horrible DLC. 7/10

HotPocket69

Banned
I just hope soundtrack is good. I doubt they’ll top Dan Romers work in 5 though. Easily the best out of the entire series. Better than a lot of other games too.

Fuuuuck when that fuzzy bass kicks in at 1:49

Raven117

Slow down, i agree 5 was better than the previous 2 but for real, it will still be just an ok game. Nothing special, good co op, sht story, bland quests, shoot and kill everything, and horrible DLC. 7/10
The DLC was horrible. But I did like the ending the DLC afforded.

Eh, I liked it. The soundtrack is effing god-tier. It doesn't get near enough credit for being some of the best in gaming. The gameplay had also tightened up just a bit to make it all feel more crisp than 3 and 4. Also, the side stories and quests were way goofier and weird. So I was just entertained the whole time.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I believe that Far Cry 6 is one of many games that's going to be delayed into 2022.

Komatsu

No Blood Dragon 2?
No buy.

Best game in the franchise. It's not even close.

wPD9SjR.png

As for FC6, I'm only here for the "Not-Cuba" setting and Giancarlo Esposito.

Omeyocan

I played twice FarCry 3, 4 and 5. I’m done with those. I’m really looking forward to play the 6. I love the settings, story so far and so on. On top of that, it is supposed to run at 60FPS at 4K on PS5 and SeriesX.

SJRB

Gold Member
Fc3 and primal were also the best games in the series imo.
Primal gets treated like shit as if it's some kind of unwanted stepkid or something, but it's an excellent game with a pretty incredible and unique premise and a lot of solid gameplay mechanics.

I always considered it a very bold take on the franchise.

Top Bottom