• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade has no additional purchases developer confirms: All extra content is unlockable in-game.

Draugoth

Gold Member
pre-venda-de-Stellar-Blade-na-PS-Store.jpg

A recent interview by Push Square with the director revealed that alongside featuring 30 outfits for the protagonist, there will also be several other accessories, like earrings and glasses, as well as hairstyles. These will all be unlockable in-game without additional purchases, which Kim emphasizes quite heavily.

Q: Eve appears to have lots of different outfits and hairstyles in the trailer. How important is character customisation in Stellar Blade? Approximately how many options will players have in the final game?

Kim: There are about 30 different outfits available in the game, and they’re all acquirable through gameplay. So, you can explore, go on a quest, or go to the in-game shop to purchase them. You can enjoy that collecting element of the game.
Also, by going on quests you get to unlock hairstyles, so you can customise different looks. And there are other accessories like earrings and glasses. But the important part is that these are all acquirable in-game without any additional purchases.

Source

Go_Ly_Dow

Meanwhile you have SEGA mega milking Like A Dragon and Persona 3 with all the pre-order walls and DLC. Both are excellent games and worth the full price tag don't get me wrong. But it's still annoying.

calistan

you can explore, go on a quest, or go to the in-game shop to purchase them

You can spend hundreds of hours in the vague hope that the item you want drops during a quest, or you can pay actual money for it.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Wasn’t 100% on board yet about paying full price for this game…I am now. I’m about to just start supporting only devs that do this. Sick of contributing to the downfall of the gaming industry. Release a full game and I’ll pay full price, it’s that simple really.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
All this game has to do is be AVERAGE and I'm buying it out of pure support for this dev's thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

winjer

Gold Member
This studio is doing all the right moves for gamers to enjoy the game.
I really hope this game succeeds and sends a clear message to all western studios that are more concerned about propaganda and politics, instead of making good games.

Top Bottom