• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
And these pants for $35!
d71dd594dc41e86be08a6e74de3d20640b3bc2ad.png

I'm dying, if I wasn't saving money this would be a surefire way to get me to buy this bundle.

The Broforce campaign is complete. I think I was one of the (maybe even the) first to beat it in the world.

You beat Satan, then Rambro drops a grenade in the former's head and they all make a run for it. There's an epilogue level where you go to the White House, and you can give high-fives to all the onlookers out front. The President congratulates you, but when he did, I accidentally pressed the fire button and killed his staff in one shot. The President died in my arms, I got arrested and thrown in jail and I sat below all of my trophies as the game ended.

GOTY

AHA-Lambda

I'm surprised Human Resource machine isn't up yet, it's supposed to be out today.

The Broforce campaign is complete. I think I was one of the (maybe even the) first to beat it in the world.

You beat Satan, then Rambro drops a grenade in the former's head and they all make a run for it. There's an epilogue level where you go to the White House, and you can give high-fives to all the onlookers out front. The President congratulates you, but when he did, I accidentally pressed the fire button and killed his staff in one shot. The President died in my arms, I got arrested and thrown in jail and I sat below all of my trophies as the game ended.

GOTY

Matter of curiousity but how long is it? Level count?
Nope, definitely only worth £5.49. Keep waiting.

Good thing it is £5.49 then and I lied! :p

Matter of curiousity but how long is it? Level count?

Good thing it is £5.49 then and I lied! :p

When I played Broforce through in EA, it took about 60-90 minutes...

As for Gat Outta Hell... well, to account for your lying, it's only worth exactly £5.23.

Mh-hm. Thought so as 2033 Redux was much more touted from their PR videos. It should get to ~2€ this Winter.

That's because the biggest difference between original and redux versions can be seen in 2033. LL being newer and having a more recent release, it had less to gain from being ported to their new engine, but I'm sure there are benefits to having it in the new engine.

Only the best for you guys

ModBot said:
Instructions for YianGaruga:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (YianGaruga, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-9927D7667F752FCE - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-E4646E78E21DED5D - Taken by TheAutomator. 8 entrants total.

t1444934239z1.png

Arthea

steam community is down again, now I'm pretty sure what's wrong with my inventory it's community servers being half dead every single evening, volvo pls

That HBW is "Arthea have you asked for that Royal Trap discount?" the bundle. Seriously it never was this cheap, is a pity that I have other games and had to sully my library with sakura, but those cards...

Awww too bad TyranoBuilder is in the $11 tier.

I don't care about TB, that's why $11 for Economica 2 seems like too much to me, it's almost the price of it on steam, a pity really

Phawx

Does anyone have impressions on TyrannoBuilder?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but after that it's very straight-forward. I made a dumb VN in like 30 minutes, which honestly wasn't much of a VN because there wasn't anything branching it was just a linear story. But as I saw how they wanted me to do things, the UX made sense.

20 hours should be more than enough to master the software and Live2D that's included with it.

AHA-Lambda

Oh, right, I pre-ordered that in hope of getting into the beta but never heard back. Keys are up on Humble, FYI.

Yeah, I got in the beta and it seems I can access the full game (beta doesn't indicate itself as a beta and it never expired). Strangely I have another key on Humble and of course it says "product already owned".

But I then saw I was terrible at programming and didn't get far at all D:

Knurek

There is a bit of a learning curve, but after that it's very straight-forward. I made a dumb VN in like 30 minutes, which honestly wasn't much of a VN because there wasn't anything branching it was just a linear story. But as I saw how they wanted me to do things, the UX made sense.

20 hours should be more than enough to master the software and Live2D that's included with it.

Wait, wait, it has that 3D->2D waifu thingy?

Does anyone have impressions on TyrannoBuilder?
Yes, Phawx. Even with a funny video.

TyranoBuilder is some pretty neat tech. You can watch me create the world's worst (best?) VN here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9vRwLB_eEk

I apologize that it is offcenter. It wasn't offcenter in the preview pane while recording and there was no way I could record again as I had a lot of laughs making the original. Just felt like it would have way different mojo.

Quick Impressions of TyranoBuilder: I'd say if you were honestly interested in making a VN, TyranoBuilder would be a huge help in making that happen. Literally the entire engine takes all of ten minutes to become familiar with the basics and thirty minutes before feeling comfortable with the software itself. There are a few quirks with how things enter/exit the view-field but what's nice is that you can make very quick changes and literally right-click on a thread previous to your changes to quickly ascertain what is going on / fixes you made actually worked.

Also the syntax necessary to get 80% of what you need done is dirt-simple to do. There are a few things you can do to work outside of what TyranoBuilder allows but those are some advanced techniques.

One quirk that took a little bit for me to figure out was that you need to save your game prior to compiling. I didn't think it would be necessary as I thought saving was more for archival purposes. The first time I compiled to a Windows Build the game was all messed up, but when I ran the preview everything would work fine. So just be mindful of that.

Also I wish that compiling to Android was easier. Right now it exports to files that you can then import to Eclipse with ADT. At the very least I'd rather having something to build form Android Studio. Even better than that would be to build an APK directly or setting up the environment from within TyranoBuilder from which you could have a few flags to set things properly to distribute on the Play store easily.

TyranoBuilder essentially makes it that the part you are going to be spending most of your time on will be asset creation and story creation. If you had a passing fancy at creating a VN, I don't think you'll find any software that makes it any easier to just get to the creative part of it.

Edit: Also if anyone cares, the worst VN featuring dinosaurs can be made available if anyone wants it. Just let me know and I'll upload the Windows build somewhere.

Annubis

Hmmmm... should I get TyranoBuilder and then imagine myself using it to make a game but never doing so in the end?

I do only have Hatoful from that entire bundle so I'd get some neat stuff along.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift #4 -- MB-CCE1F8541DC415CF - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-C057C90C0375BC77 - Taken by The Red Wizard - Taken by Beelzebubs
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-39889C788B1066D4 - Taken by Purkake4
Mystery Gift -- MB-6DD996F404E74892 - Taken by Soulflarz

Beelzebubs

Hmm it appears the mystery game I won is DLC for something, can't activate without original game and no clue what game it is to regift to somebody on gaf.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift #4 -- MB-CCE1F8541DC415CF - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-C057C90C0375BC77 - Taken by The Red Wizard - Taken by Beelzebubs
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-39889C788B1066D4 - Taken by Purkake4
Mystery Gift -- MB-6DD996F404E74892 - Taken by Soulflarz

Phawx

:O I am in the game?!
Looking good! Only missing is a pony-tail and a full-beard but I'll let it slide ;)

Yea on page 4 of this thread I asked who wanted to be in it. I got 31 chibi RPGmaker things to make.

Also I didn't know about a beard and ponytail, I was literally just copying off of everyone's avatar.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

The Crew: Wild Run beta #2 -- MB-EDA634FF7C7A058D
The Crew: Wild Run beta -- MB-702A5ABDB232771E

They're Steam gifts, by the way.

Have you guys seem Warframe population on steam? It's really big and it seems to increase each month.

Still haven't played it but, from my understanding it's really fun.

Too bad a majority of Neogaf just assume all Free to Play games are bad and deem them bad without giving them a shot. Meanwhile they hype broken overpriced AAA games.

There is a mini rant in there.

Yea on page 4 of this thread I asked who wanted to be in it. I got 31 chibi RPGmaker things to make.

Also I didn't know about a beard and ponytail, I was literally just copying off of everyone's avatar.
Haha, I remember your post. Did not see me making the cut, so I'm a happy panda. Was joking with avi, what's the fun in being realistically in a game anyway? Make me all I can never be in real-life! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom