• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

I keep forgetting that Dying Light isn't by the same publisher as Dead Island even though they were by the same developers and am disappointed that it isn't on sale at the same time.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I wonder if this doesn't have something to do with Windows 10's mandatory driver updates?

Gat out of Hell worth £5.50?

I paid five USD for it on release thanks to Gamestops price "mistake", beat it, and promptly forgot about it. It's not bad, but you'd have to be fairly enthusiastic about more Saints Row 4 with arguably better flying mechanics and slightly different super powers/weapons. Light on content compared to SR3 and 4 too.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I gave this a shot yesterday with a full group of friends and we found it pretty lacking as a multiplayer title. The developers have gone the 'instanced single player' route, which really doesn't work in such a simplistic, objective-based game. Rather than encouraging teamplay with backstabbing done as a survival element, everyone can just go off on their own to complete their objectives without ever needing to bother with another player. In our case, we intended to play it with full cooperation in mind, but found ourselves repeating tasks a few times when some friends hopped in a few minutes late. The instant-respawn system dissolves any tension which the game could build, essentially acting like the vita-chambers from Bioshock but with no real penalty other than maybe not making it back to your body before someone else loots it.

Fr4SJMA.jpg

They want to go for the Day Z mode of operation but without a substantial game core around it to make a compelling argument for shooting that other guy in the face. Instead, every other player feels like they're completely disconnected from each other and exist almost exclusively to have that Day Z "Friendly?" moment once in a blue moon. Should this have been a much more hardcore survival game with more natural objectives, it probably would work better. As it stands, I feel like they need to overhaul the multi to force the group to operate as a team to keep progress cohesive rather than scattershot. Require the entire team to be present for an objective to be activated to prevent gaming the system by being on opposite ends of the map, while making life difficult for lone wolf players attempting to troll everyone by increasing spawns outside of the objective area. The potential for PvP could still be there if player names are removed, making it so that players can't exact revenge on the person who may choose to kill them for equipment. It'd instill a sense of paranoia that harkens back to The Thing.

Death should also be more punishing, but not instant. In single player, the formula works excellently. In a multiplayer setting, it just gets in the way. At the end of our session, in which we completed the beta's objectives in under 20 minutes, all 7 of my group came to the unanimous conclusion that Noct isn't really worth $10 if multiplayer is intended to be the focus. I hesitate to call it 'sloppy', but it was impossible to shake the feeling that it was an incomplete thought. I might still pick it up for the single player, at least.

derExperte

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

That has never applied to driver updates, maybe wait a month or six to see if there's a major problem but if your card isn't a few years old you're literally leaving performance on the table. But afair you are also one of those who don't believe in OS updates.

I think my os drive must have died or something, disabling the hard drive that's been having issues(leaving my 2nd ssd and primary ssd with the OS on it) makes this show up"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Will have to deal with this nonsense later

Beelzebubs

Just a couple of extra bundle keys. Got lots more extras but too lazy to find them at the moment.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Beelzebubs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-B728160EF497313D - Taken by Spirited
Love -- MB-B8D8D8FFC16EA5E7 - Taken by Mikurden

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
CREqUXBU8AACF-m.png:large

UNDERTALE GIVEAWAY! Grab your dusty tutu and get ready to date skeletons!
(Steam+Humble)

EDIT: Forgot to set multi-entry rule so only enter for one!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale#2 -- MB-DA945B1694CABB65 - Taken by Phinor. 21 entrants total.
Undertale#3 -- MB-7F94E59F2DCE1033 - Taken by Last Baron. 36 entrants total.
Undertale#4 -- MB-6FA09BF91C5C7F7D - Taken by Lomax. 29 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-B8435925193C9FBC - Taken by rainking187. 17 entrants total.

t1444942039z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Gat out of Hell worth £5.50?

i'd say not if you have played sr4

it's very light on the cutscenes (which at this point are my favorite thing about the series) and the gameplay is just the same as sr4 sans the novelty which was kind of the only redeeming thing about sr4's gameplay anyways

so yeah, it's a harmless side-attraction that i don't regret playing or anything, but it's just redundant and kind of the result of the corner that series has gotten itself backed into.

i'd say just watch the cutscenes on youtube, 5.50 pounds is like 10 bucks right? no way that's worth it

i'd say not if you have played sr4

it's very light on the cutscenes (which at this point are my favorite thing about the series) and the gameplay is just the same as sr4 sans the novelty which was kind of the only redeeming thing about sr4's gameplay anyways

so yeah, it's a harmless side-attraction that i don't regret playing or anything, but it's just redundant and kind of the result of the corner that series has gotten itself backed into.

i'd say just watch the cutscenes on youtube, 5.50 pounds is like 10 bucks right? no way that's worth it

I don't play SR but, why wasn't Gat of Hell some random DLC thing again?

But seriously, I had heard there were some equivalent mods for DmC to the console version's rebalancing.

There is but, I am not sure what they are called :(.

derExperte

If y'all would've bought Undertale weeks ago and kept selling those booster pack cards you'd have gotten it for free by now anyway.

Salsa

armikrog is a fucking enigma

im really trying here man. I feel like I wanna play it then I do and im like ehhahhjsdhjdn

I just want more characters talking and shit. so much potential to be charming yet it does nothing with it

If y'all would've bought Undertale weeks ago and kept selling those booster pack cards you'd have gotten it for free by now anyway.

Too busy playing video games.

armikrog is a fucking enigma

im really trying here man. I feel like I wanna play it then I do and im like ehhahhjsdhjdn

I just want more characters talking and shit. so much potential to be charming yet it does nothing with it

Just let it go man.

Still reminds me a lot of Bloodborne. Interested in the game but they ought to drop "Dark" and do something new by now.
Jshackles in RPG Maker form

7AWRmEb.png
You did that? Looking good.
That is awful if true. Not a fan of logging in on every damn site.
rs_560x315-131029143655-babysinging3.gif

Ludens

Banned
Doorways got a 1.1 GB patch, no news on Steam hub, last news on the official site is from 20th August, nobody cares about this game, not even the creator, lol.

How much sense does it make to go for the Metro Redux Bundle when one already owns both non-redux? For those who played both.

Last Light should be pretty much the same. 2033 should be kinda a remake.

Takes 30 seconds per day and a little preplanning in form of keeping a supply of gem sacks. Just sold today's bunch for a buck after expenses.

Oh I don't even have the game. I was mainly speaking for the few I know that were playing games.

That said I should make some gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom