• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
what happens when i'm alone on a friday night is i try to play some stickshift and get stopped by the police and now i have to wait an hour to play again

pretty interesting game. the goofiness kind of betrays it but it's certainly unique in a good way

well i guess i'll just watch some more korean league of legends..

I can't wait for the fallout when Clannad releases and Key moeblobs invade Steam homepage...

no idea what any of this means

It's actually really good. It has a lot of really funny lines too. The anime though, is not so good. I haven't watched it, but most people seem to think it's really bad.
i don't have much of a stomach for harem stories

can't even finish bakemonogatari tho i just don't think i'm in the current state of mind to watch that show

i should just get on with steinsgate

And then there's the idol magical girl spinoff

This is also coming to Steam after the rest of the trilogy right?
this i like

It should. Btw, there is no 18+ version for that.
are these like hentai games or something?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:

Standpoint -- MB-C1292E7F3493CDD5 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Spirit Of War -- MB-F0BA2475918506E6 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.

t1432969858z1.png

Jazz573

what happens when i'm alone on a friday night is i try to play some stickshift and get stopped by the police and now i have to wait an hour to play again

pretty interesting game. the goofiness kind of betrays it but it's certainly unique in a good way

well i guess i'll just watch some more korean league of legends..

no idea what any of this means

i don't have much of a stomach for harem stories

can't even finish bakemonogatari tho i just don't think i'm in the current state of mind to watch that show

i should just get on with steinsgate

this i like

are these like hentai games or something?

I guess you could say that. However the main focus is on the story not the sex. Eroge that focus on sex are called nukige. In nukige the only point of the story is to get from one sex scene to the next. But Grisaia is not a nukige.

It's not really a harem VN though. I'm not sure if the anime is any different.

zkylon

zkylewd
I had to use the trusty urbandictionary

Moeblob
lol yea figured

That just sounds like every anime character ever to me.

well aren't u something

I guess you could say that. However the main focus is on the story not the sex. Eroge that focus on sex are called nukige. In nukige the only point of the story is to get from one sex scene to the next. But Grisaia is not a nukige.
i c

not my cup of tea either way

Corpekata

Banned
I feel like there's a "But really it's good!" representative for all of these awful looking anime games. The few I've tried have left me dubious to being swayed by any more of these explanations.

Playing Scribblenauts Unlimited to finish it up. One of the requests at the diner was from a cannibal, so I fed him a child. I was legit shook that that happened. Good job, Scribblenauts.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I want to play so much stuff but somehow end up with Necro-Dancer all the time >_>

Oh well, got me some Sherlock today. Lets see how that turns out.

Miguel81

That just sounds like every anime character ever to me.

lol. I'm really out of touch with current anime trends.

Edit: Books we're reading: Currently going through Neuromancer, and it's been a rather difficult read. It does stimulate my imagination, but the technological babble is just strange.

I want to play so much stuff but somehow end up with Necro-Dancer all the time >_>

Oh well, got me some Sherlock today. Lets see how that turns out.

Same. It'll be my 3rd Sherlock Holmes title after the EA games from the 90s

In terms of being depressing?

No. The forced metaphors, weak characters, general irrelevance of the plot and ending, disturbing pseudo-rape scene near the end and falloff after the first few great chapters. Somehow, I still got through it, but I wouldn't have bothered to read it in the first place if I knew it would be that disappointing.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
No. The forced metaphors, weak characters, general irrelevance of the plot and ending, disturbing pseudo-rape scene near the end and falloff after the first few great chapters. Somehow, I still got through it, but I wouldn't have bothered to read it in the first place if I knew it would be that disappointing.

um :(

I got a second job interview tomorrow that'll hopefully come through before the steam sale. I have some money in the bank but I'm really trying to splurge. My backlog keeps getting smaller and smaller and we can't have that can we?

Miguel81

I got a second job interview tomorrow that'll hopefully come through before the steam sale. I have some money in the bank but I'm really trying to splurge. My backlog keeps getting smaller and smaller

Good luck on the interview, man! Wish I had a shorter backlog, but it is what it is.

dex3108

Next two Witcher 3 DLCs are:

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Nilfgaardian Armor Set
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Elite Crossbow Set

They added them to SteamDB last night. It is really sad that they just cut content from game and they are now just adding it back. But i guess 16 free DLC s sounds better.

Anteater

Sure is a lot of talking in Rise of the argonauts, which I actually kind of like because it seems like you get points from choosing dialogues to put into learning new skills. Game doesn't really explain anything though, or maybe I just don't remember.

It's not really a bad looking game after some tweaks and forcing HBAO+, it's actually one of the games that really benefit from that.

zkylon

zkylewd
played pretty much all the games in my desktop except for yume nikki since that seemed kind of long

shiftstick - sort of effective, don't really understand if it's intentional but it ends up being kind of funny, which i guess goes well with the concept but at the same time i feel like it's not trying to? not sure. anyways fuck the police
wildfire alpha - neat concept, wasn't enamored with it
deadbolt alpha - very stylish like i expected, but doesn't feel very much interesting in comparison to gunpoint. have good hopes for it tho
la mulana 2 ks alpha - it's more la mulana, but i have already enough with the one i'm playing. looks like a solid sequel
all the way down - really nice art and overall could make a very nice adventure game if they ever plan on completing it. the short duration makes how dramatic the guy talks at the end a bit silly tho lol
hot date - loved that one of this game's graphics settings was "got no video card" lol. awesome game, never felt so passive aggressively abused in my life

this game's hilarious

tho i don't think the game was prepared for my answer to this question

23BVCmF.jpg

i wanted to say big dogs too but i fear i'd hurt his feelings

In terms of being depressing? The Road by Cormac McCarthy takes it, but it's one of my favorites and a beautiful book. Bones, is like a milder version.
did u resize your avatar

i hate square avatars

so annoying

lol. I'm really out of touch with current anime trends.

Edit: Books we're reading: Currently going through Neuromancer, and it's a rather difficult read.
i think i haven't read a book in like two years

I got a second job interview tomorrow that'll hopefully come through before the steam sale. I have some money in the bank but I'm really trying to splurge. My backlog keeps getting smaller and smaller and we can't have that can we?

good luck

Sure is a lot of talking in Rise of the argonauts, which I actually kind of like because it seems like you get points from choosing dialogues to put into learning new skills. Game doesn't really explain anything though, or maybe I just don't remember.

It's not really a bad looking game after some tweaks and forcing HBAO+, it's actually one of the games that really benefit from that.

how are you playing this?

is the game in the store now?

Miguel81

That AMD 15.5 beta driver certainly gave a bit of a boost in PCars. I can actually have 10 cars on the track(iin a thunderstorm) without a big hit to the framerate. This is all with a mix of high and ultra settings, except shadows which are on medium. Hopefully, it gets even better from here on out.

Edit: R9 290

Tizoc

Couple of questions
1- Where's the cheapest to get DMC4SE
2- Are any of the Mount and Blade Warband DLC worth getting? They're on sale over at humblebundle.

dex3108

I still think this is a brick joke that slightly missed the tatrget.

Not really. When they announced 16 Free DLCs we saw that it will contain first armor set, contract, beards and alternative look for Yen and even then they knew that DLCs will be released weekly. That was before delay. After that first DLCs went online day 1. So based on that they were ready for a long time and they could be included in game. Not to mention that the need to test DLCs before release. So yeah most of those 16 DLCs were done before W3 released and they are using them to promote game with 16 Free DLCs marketing.

Chariot

Not really. When they announced 16 Free DLCs we saw that it will contain first armor set, contract, beards and alternative look for Yen and even then they knew that DLCs will be released weekly. That was before delay. After that first DLCs went online day 1. So based on that they were ready for a long time and they could be included in game. Not to mention that the need to test DLCs before release. So yeah most of those 16 DLCs were done before W3 released and they are using them to promote game with 16 Free DLCs marketing.
No , I mean it's a joke on a meta level. Where they announce and release micro dlcs like most other companies, but for free. Having the horse as represtative for the armorset counts to that. It's not a very elegant joke, but I think they found it genuinly funny and are now stuck with doing it even after they realized that it's funny for like a second.

Phinor

Next two Witcher 3 DLCs are:

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Nilfgaardian Armor Set
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Elite Crossbow Set

They added them to SteamDB last night. It is really sad that they just cut content from game and they are now just adding it back. But i guess 16 free DLC s sounds better.

The 16 DLC sounded pretty good when they announced it but this stuff is hardly worth a DLC tag. But that's marketing for you, they got positive news posted on just about every gaming news site and forum when that was announced. "This company is doing it right" etc.

And as you said, this stuff has been done for a while now. Could have put it into the release version but again that wouldn't be the smart thing to do. I'm not trying to be negative either, it's just the reality of the situation and they played their cards very well. Buyers feel rewarded even if the rewards are hardly worth anything.

dex3108

No , I mean it's a joke on a meta level. Where they announce and release micro dlcs like most other companies, but for free. Having the horse as represtative for the armorset counts to that. It's not a very elegant joke, but I think they found it genuinly funny and are now stuck with doing it even after they realized that it's funny for like a second.

The 16 DLC sounded pretty good when they announced it but this stuff is hardly worth a DLC tag. But that's marketing for you, they got positive news posted on just about every gaming news site and forum when that was announced. "This company is doing it right" etc.

And as you said, this stuff has been done for a while now. Could have put it into the release version but again that wouldn't be the smart thing to do. I'm not trying to be negative either, it's just the reality of the situation and they played their cards very well. Buyers feel rewarded even if the rewards are hardly worth anything.

I didn't like their marketing approach for W3 at all. Since they announced those DLCs i knew that it is just marketing move nothing more. Having RedKIT day one ot month after release would be true for fans move.

Copons

Anyone got their Nuuvem Fahrenheit key yet? Paid this morning, haven't got it yet, a little frustrated since obviously being able to access support via Nuuvem isn't very plausible.

Thanks for the involuntary heads up.
Btw I was able to pay with PayPal without VPN. Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom