• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Boba Fett figure is nice!
gxxkjihnne6ypa2yulst.jpg

Arthea

Talking about SE, FF4 was released 4 months after FF3, already half a year passed after FF4 release, no FF5 in sight, or FF6, or FFT, or FF1-2. They aren't going to give us more ports, are they?
Even Lightning Returns is not released, and they said it will be in March. FF13-2 nonexistent sales might have something to do with this one, but what that has to do with older FFs?
meanie SE

Arthea

apparently Project Cars owners will get a free dlc every month.
They are readying themselves for a rough ride, aren't they?

edited: Jasec, have you bought it already? I remember somebody on my fl has it, don't remember who

edit2: in other news Princess Evangile has 100% positive feedback (><)
what I wish for... that I could spend 30€ on a game (that's not PoE) like it is not a big deal

Dr Dogg

*sigh* back to the daily grind of work and less time spent playing PoE :(

Still that should make the hour or so I can spare this evening more special.

milena87

The Square Enix action figures all look pretty terrible to me. But thankfully I'm not into action figures. I collect statues of course.

But were I into af, and into star wars, I'd certainly buy something like this, rather than that SE thingy:

Anyway, I'm now 11-12 hours into PoE and I think I'm almost done with Act 1, I'm just trying to finish a side quest before continuing the main plot.
I'm trying to go for both the Zero Knockouts and the Super Murderer achievements, so I'm killing everything in sight (sometimes even going out of my way to find something to kill) and saving and reloading like a madman.
I'm really enjoying my time with it :D

Anyway, I'm now 11-12 hours into PoE and I think I'm almost done with Act 1, I'm just trying to finish a side quest before continuing the main plot.
I'm trying to go for both the Zero Knockouts and the Super Murderer achievements, so I'm killing everything in sight (sometimes even going out of my way to find something to kill) and saving and reloading like a madman.
I'm really enjoying my time with it :D

I just hope they release a patch soon ( before thursday ) because I have 4 holiday days coming and I would love to play it then >_<

milena87

I just hope they release a patch soon ( before thursday ) because I have 4 holiday days coming and I would love to play it then >_<

I think I saw somewhere that they're working on the problem and trying to fix it so that it works retroactively on the affected save files. They should release a patch this week, if all goes well.

Arthea

unfortunately I'll be having a trip in those upcoming free days, so no gaming for me, bummer how real life has something against me playing and finishing games all the time!

Majukun

Finally my new pc, or the pieces of it at least, have arrived... now i need to assemble it and I will finally be a stable part of steamgaf

Talking about SE, FF4 was released 4 months after FF3, already half a year passed after FF4 release, no FF5 in sight, or FF6, or FFT, or FF1-2. They aren't going to give us more ports, are they?
Even Lightning Returns is not released, and they said it will be in March. FF13-2 nonexistent sales might have something to do with this one, but what that has to do with older FFs?
meanie SE
160,000 for XIII-2 doesn't seem that bad relative to other games and given how close it came out to the first game.

IV only sold 75K

milena87

Is there an option to reallocate points in PoE? I suck at leveling up in RPGs, I always put points in the wrong attributes for the class.

No respec option in game for now.

But it's more intuitive than older games and their new system doesn't penalize people with less than perfect builds. There are of course attributes that are more important (and the game tells you about them), but you can just create a character that fits your style and don't worry too much about it.

Arthea

160,000 for XIII-2 doesn't seem that bad relative to other games and given how close it came out to the first game.

IV only sold 75K

seriously? IV sold that low? I had no idea. At least that explains why we are getting no more ports of older games.

I'm pretty sure that SE doesn't think 160K is good for Lightning, then again this number seems higher than I remember from that sales thread... a lot higher.

KainXVIII

Developer: KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.

ugh ... I smell another top-quality port coming ...

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Core i7 860
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti / AMD Radeon HD 6790
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c or higher
Additional Notes: Game pad support

PS3 port confirmed, so you can keep your expectations low and don't get dissapointed.
PS - DW8 was fine port as for myself ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
apparently Project Cars owners will get a free dlc every month.
They are readying themselves for a rough ride, aren't they?

edited: Jasec, have you bought it already? I remember somebody on my fl has it, don't remember who

Not yet. I'll pick it up closer to release. If I had known about Slightly Mad's intention to split profits with backers I would have thrown them some money myself, though.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Core i7 860
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti / AMD Radeon HD 6790
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c or higher
Additional Notes: Game pad support

PS3 port confirmed, so you can keep your expectations low and don't get dissapointed.
PS - DW8 was fine port as for myself ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

... aaaaaaaaaand there we go ...

Arthea

Wait a second, DW8 port is good? I remember that some steamgafers were of opinion that it is worst ever and even unplayable, that was the reason I haven't bought it.

Dr Dogg

DX9 is a good thing because then GeDoSaTo can get in the mix as well as much more options for injection and driver manipulation like better AA and AO.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
DX9 is a good thing because then GeDoSaTo can get in the mix as well as much more options for injection and driver manipulation like better AA and AO.

that might be ... but it also means we're getting the PS3 version yet again ...

Arthea

PC gaming is convoluted mess however you look at it. Some people have constant issues with games I had none or close to none. While many could play Talos for example, when it almost set my new video card on fire in 10 minutes time, back when it wasn't serious issue, now everything sets it on fire (after trying to play Talos, I mean) (><)

Dynasty Warriors is 49.99 and I got DOA5 for 11 and can be purchased for 28 on GMG.

50&#8364; is a lot, and you forget that dlcs cost 141&#8364;!
and it's 190&#8364; for Xtreme Legends

I still can't believe that (><)

Arthea

I'm cheap, never pay more than 5&#8364; for a videogame :p
Except PS4 games which are super expensive, fuck you console games

seriously? I don't believe you!
The reason I'm not buying PS4 any time soon if ever is pricing. No way I gonna pay £50-60 for digital version of a game no less, ever! for any game, in fact.
Granted US PSN still can be used for PS4, I gather, but it rubs me very wrong way, those prices I mean.

Remember to Purchase DOA5 Season Pass 1 and 2 for $186.

2 season passes? DoA now has seasons? like multiple seasons? oh boy, it's not even funny

Phinor

Well, I pay up to 30€ for PS4 games because they rarely go lower than that, but it hurts everytime I do >_<

Going from PC to Nintendo has been an.. experience. Bought a 3DS a year ago and now Wii U last week. I didn't learn from my 3DS experience and I was expecting to pick up some cheap copies of the early great Wii U games. Cheapest Super Mario 3D world I can find is... 55 euros. Finally found a copy of Pikmin 3 for 34 euros. Second Cheapest Pikmin 3 was around 50 euros.

Guess what games are cheap on Wii U? All the Ubisoft games. Pretty much every Ubisoft game can be bought for 5-10 euros.

Arthea

oh wow, it does escalated rather quickly, I've seen it earlier today, but decided to ignore it. As I'm not that naive and I know that if valve will get away with regional pricing, locking, locking at run level and locking again, everybody will go there, it's only matter of time.
Also regional pricing and locking is still unfair, even if it will become norm.

Going from PC to Nintendo has been an.. experience. Bought a 3DS a year ago and now Wii U last week. I didn't learn from my 3DS experience and I was expecting to pick up some cheap copies of the early great Wii U games. Cheapest Super Mario 3D world I can find is... 55 euros. Finally found a copy of Pikmin 3 for 34 euros. Second Cheapest Pikmin 3 was around 50 euros.

Guess what games are cheap on Wii U? All the Ubisoft games. Pretty much every Ubisoft game can be bought for 5-10 euros.
That's because nobody buys Nintendo consoles for ubi games, but for Nintendo games.

Sendou

Last hope for cheap games: getting Russia to join the EU.

Yeah Nintendo seemingly goes through a lot effort to keep prices of their stuff up. Part of it is because they sell for a relatively long time but only a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom