• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

How much is it on Mexico Origin?

i'd get it but...I want a deeper discount ToT and I really like Match 3 games.

i can't access to Mexico origin any more , hola doesn't work
but i manged to log into Brazilian origin

zlYntrg.jpg

around $10

didamangi

Hm...
No cheap Nvidia codes this time? :(

$25-$30 is the going rate in the BST thread. Nvidia steam code.

Some degree of it, though may be more accurate to say they're chasing after analog video artifacts that you'd typically see in VHS tapes of old school cartoons like that.

Haven't seen a video of it yet, hopefully it's different or there's an option to turn the effects/filter off. I love platformers :/

Same here. Something is fucked up.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Deitus

I don't know why, but I'm having trouble summoning up enthusiasm for E3. It's great that FF7 Remake is finally a real thing, and Last Guardian is coming back. I've never played Shenmue, but I'm glad it's back for fans. But I dunno, it's not really registering with me beyond "oh that's neat."

The same goes for the Steam sale I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Rather than unboxing a game, playing it and then that’s sort of it, we want to deliver a true community experience – creating an ongoing and evolving game which plays out with a finale that brings the story arc together.
io on hitman being "episodic" or whatever it is

that's kind of a silly conceit, considering the hitman series, specially the one game that everyone loves, was anything but a game that you played and "that was sort of it", because it had a lot of room for creativity and expression through it's open-ended gameplay

seeing its devs say that games they made were played once then abandoned pretty much is like a giant MISSING THE POINT warning sign which seems to come from all the negativity around hitman subtitle

and you'd think maybe the reason why ppl just forgot about your game after playing it once was because you chopped down so many options that there's not much of a real reason to actually play the game more than once

the things beside that quote do sound promising, but tbh i don't really think i care much about hitman anymore

I'd bet zero.

Actually the cheapest way is to buy a Nvidia key from someone else.
tried to look it up on ebay and for some reason searched "barkham" lol

Jawmuncher

I don't know why, but I'm having trouble summoning up enthusiasm for E3. It's great that FF7 Remake is finally a real thing, and Last Guardian is coming back. I've never played Shenmue, but I'm glad it's back for fans. But I dunno, it's not really registering with me beyond "oh that's neat."

The same goes for the Steam sale I guess.

When you look forward to something so long sometimes the expectations are too great. Like when I went to universal and finally kept to ride Jurassic Park the ride. I have never felt so empty in my life. Despite all the excitement leading up to that moment.

brassica

So far E3 looks awesome : Dishonored 2, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Unravel, FFVII, Shenmue 3...
Let's hope Square-Enix and the PC conference will give us even more!
And don't forget Nintendo

Asgaro

Everyone should watch the short creator's presentation on the E3 press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvazMS76FS4

The MOST genuine guy I've seen in a long time. It literally gave me goosebumps and nearly teared me up.

Also check the great comments on the same presentation at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_lxnSsqAA0

Faith in the gaming community: partially restored.
Faith in game devs who make games out of pure goodwill: restored.

yuraya

So far E3 looks awesome : Dishonored 2, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Unravel, FFVII, Shenmue 3...
Let's hope Square-Enix and the PC conference will give us even more!
And don't forget Nintendo

Seems like this is the final E3 for Nintendo to put some big life into the WiiU. Not really a big Nintendo fan but I will watch to see what they do. I am guessing next year they will introduce new console and start the heavy mobile push.

Deitus

When you look forward to something so long sometimes the expectations are too great. Like when I went to universal and finally kept to ride Jurassic Park the ride. I have never felt so empty in my life. Despite all the excitement leading up to that moment.

It's not even like I was overhyped. I've been feigning enthusiasm for E3 for the last couple of weeks because I feel like I should be excited about it, but to be honest, my expectations were pretty low. And really, there have been a few really nice surprises, and some interesting new game announcements that really should get me excited. But eh.

Empty is an apt way to put it. I dunno, this probably isn't even about video games really.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw ghost recon "wildlands" is like the most racist tom clancy game ever lol

It's not even like I was overhyped. I've been feigning enthusiasm for E3 for the last couple of weeks because I feel like I should be excited about it, but to be honest, my expectations were pretty low. And really, there have been a few really nice surprises, and some interesting new game announcements that really should get me excited. But eh.

Empty is an apt way to put it. I dunno, this probably isn't even about video games really.
you just need an injection of fun

Parsnip

You know, if someone had asked me yesterday what Square will show in their thing, I would have said that it's going to be Hitman proper, Deus Ex and FF15. And I don't know, maybe they'll mention how popular Record Keeper is and hey we have a new Hitman mobile game as well.

But now I wonder if FF7 will make an appearance and if it's the same trailer or not.
Or maybe even some surprises.
Maybe they are licensing the Fear Effect IP out to someone and that will be there. I can hope right?
This whole E3 has already been nuts, why stop now.
Kagari said FF7R is a SFV situation.
So PC and PS4?
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

btw ghost recon "wildlands" is like the most racist tom clancy game ever lol

you just need an injection of fun

I don't understand why it's open world, it's not like they are getting back to their roots and doing something similar to ArmA, so it's gonna be something like Ubisoft Open World Formula (TM) I don't see Ghost Recon fitting into that.

KingKong

the things beside that quote do sound promising, but tbh i don't really think i care much about hitman anymore
l

the thing is that it should be very straightforward to make a game like Blood Money. They already had the best movement and mechanics of a Hitman game with Absolution, all they need is to fix the stealth and just create some good puzzle levels

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't understand why it's open world, it's not like they are getting back to their roots and doing something similar to ArmA, so it's gonna be something like Ubisoft Open World Formula (TM) I don't see Ghost Recon fitting into that.
no idea, tbh i don't care much for the series, i liked one of the graws but not enough to formulate much of an opinion about this outside of ubisoft calling latin america "wild lands" is like the most racist thing ever lol

the thing is that it should be very straightforward to make a game like Blood Money. They already had the best movement and mechanics of a Hitman game with Absolution, all they need is to fix the stealth and just create some good puzzle levels
i don't know about straightforward

good game/level design is not something that you can like just make like "better graphics" or something. it requires a developer to understand their own game and know how to build something that enhances all the great things about their game's mechanics

so like, while the foundations are there, actually proving blood money wasn't chance and making another game with that much freedom and player expression is gonna be a challenge i think, specially since those things aren't as easily marketeable as a scripted combat sequence or whatever there was in himtan subtitle

Tizoc

I've suspected FF7R will get a PC/Steam release ever since I read about its timed exclusivity/console exclusivity.
It's great that S-E sees potential in Steam still =3

13 usd

not confirmed den

hmmmm

Thanks

i can't access to Mexico origin any more , hola doesn't work
but i manged to log into Brazilian origin

zlYntrg.jpg

around $10

Hmm using XE.com that comes to USD 13 though!

Parsnip

I hope they bring back the contracts mode from Hitman Absolution, it was pretty neat. Imagine that with bigger more sandboxy levels, bliss.

Never Alone ended up being pretty good. It's not the most refined platformer in the world but it's got a lot of charm and the world is really well contructed. Also, it's almost worth it alone just for those really well produced documentary clips.

oipic

Everyone should watch the short creator's presentation on the E3 press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvazMS76FS4

The MOST genuine guy I've seen in a long time. It literally gave me goosebumps and nearly teared me up.

It has been an E3 with quite a few obvious gaming highlights, but this bloke's presentation of his charming little creation is my favourite moment so far. Would love to see Unravel do well for this chap and his team.

MaxiLive

It has been an E3 with quite a few obvious gaming highlights, but this bloke's presentation of his charming little creation is my favourite moment so far. Would love to see Unravel do well for this chap and his team.

You can tell he has just achieved his childhood dream showing off his game at E3 :D What a legend and mad props to him for going through with the presentation.

I'm still super hyped from the Shenmue goodness ^.^ I wonder if it will be a Steam release or not.

zkylon

zkylewd

Also check the great comments on the same presentation at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_lxnSsqAA0

Faith in the gaming community: partially restored.
Faith in game devs who make games out of pure goodwill: restored.
that's amazing

really lifts up your spirits after all this military and murder and shit

ue4fBDX.png

Doesn't automatically mean there won't be a HD collection. But on the other hand, I'm not sure if the game holds up well for "just a port".
I'm a bit afraid of replaying the first two. It's been ~12 years and have no idea how they hold up. Fond memories, though.
Exactly my thoughts.

Yo dante! Been some time seeing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom