• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Random NewEgg.com bundle. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive + Prototype - $5.99 - Individual Steam Keys
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2104419.32-133-211

I imagine it could be sold out soon. Might want to jump on it just in case!

One more issue. If using Paypal, you will notice that you are charged and receive emails for two orders for the bundle. $5.00 for Prototype, and $.99 for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. According to their email, codes and instructions for the games should be emailed to you within the hour. I am still waiting for mine, but it is NewEgg so definitely legit.

Crossposted to the "other" thread as well, just in case someone isn't following both.

Pranay

lol found this on my feed

B6BJV1OCcAAnuwB.jpg

Tizoc

Random NewEgg.com bundle. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive + Prototype - $5.99 - Individual Steam Keys
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2104419.32-133-211

I imagine it could be sold out soon. Might want to jump on it just in case!

One more issue. If using Paypal, you will notice that you are charged and receive emails for two orders for the bundle. $5.00 for Prototype, and $.99 for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. According to their email, codes and instructions for the games should be emailed to you within the hour. I am still waiting for mine, but it is NewEgg so definitely legit.

Crossposted to the "other" thread as well, just in case someone isn't following both.
Tempting...can Prototype run at 60 FPS?

Axass

It's like the third time in this sale that the Banner Saga has been a deal, and it has also been about the only repeat. Weird.

autoduelist

It's a terrible point and click game as well.
Looks amazing, true, but that's the only thing it has going on.

Maybe? I read several reviews that were enamored with it. I decided against it because of price, regardless.

Might be an impatient buyer, might be low level money laundering.

Almost certainly fraud of some type, money laundering is one possibility, stolen credit card siphoning is another.

Means of transferring funds between accounts?

Possible but unlikely, except as a method of money laundering.

A very awful mean if you ask me, the transaction fee must be insanely high.

Not for money laundering. Traditional money laundering costs upwards of 50% -- this new digital age has lowered that dramatically for the digitally inclined.

Can be money laundering but its not that easy to transfer money to bank from steam wallet.

True, there are certainly better ways to convert to cash that would require less 'work'. It could be done, though. Also could simply be a secondary gaming slush fund in a cc ring that the individual has no plans to convert to cash.

The amount of online fraud boggles the mind. It's the wild west.

Yeah, many Steam RPG Maker games are a pathetic effort, where there's a lot of really good free games made with the tool out there.

The only RPGMaker game on Steam I really liked so far was Skyborn.

As far as the rest of them go, half of the entries in GAF's RPGMaker game contest from a few months back were better, and most of them weren't even finished. (and yes, Copons, that includes yours. Brodzilla > Steel & Steam.)

Knurek

As far as the rest of them go, half of the entries in GAF's RPGMaker game contest from a few months back were better, and most of them weren't even finished. (and yes, Copons, that includes yours. Brodzilla > Steel & Steam.)

While I haven't played it yet, Last Dream seems to be getting very positive reviews.

One Way Heroics might also count if you stretch the definition a bit.

One Way Heroics might also count if you stretch the definition a bit.

When people use RPGMaker to do different things than stock-standard RPGs, then yes I'm down with it. (Except for To the Moon. Fuck that game.) I beat One Way Heroics on like the first difficulty level on my fourth try, but am going to tackle more of my backlog before I try that game on harder settings. And yeah, it was alright.

Edit: Checking the Last Dream page...holy hell, 236 achievements in an RPGMaker game?!

Copons

I don't know anything about Steel & Steam, but Brodzilla is arguably the best game of at least the last three or four generations.

But seriously, browsing around the RPG Maker games on Steam, it's kinda astounding to see how many of them use the RTP stuff. I mean, if I were to finally complete one of my proper RPGM projects, I wouldn't even dare to put it on Greenlight without first replacing most if not all the RTP assets with custom made ones, as it would feel to me to be doing something totally unfair for paying clients.

Also, looking at Steel & Steam, how the fuck do you get to publish a game on Steam if you aren't even able to properly place mountains autotiles from the goddamn overworld tileset (aka: the easiest to use)?
ss_50ad3aedb87f4f317579b3d12f2918d9e85f10b7.1920x1080.jpg

EDIT: and why there's a bridge in the sea? Is that a dock?
And that white parquet tile used as a road? Damn. :(

I don't know anything about Steel & Steam, but Brodzilla is arguably the best game of at least the last three or four generations.

Paging lashman to quote your avatar...

In other news, got myself a booster pack today for the Samaritan Paradox, one day after I craft the badge. So now I've got 4 cards that I don't really need. I wonder how well those guys who ask for 1:2 trades in the forums do? Trying my hand at that with my cards sounds fun. Or a great way for people to get pissed off at me.

Turfster

It doesnt. But so didnt some of the puzzles in MI 1. I mean who thought you can use a rope with a toy chicken?

Excuse me, but it makes perfect sense to use a rubber chicken with a pulley in it on a rope.
Now if you'd said "a chicken with a pulley in it makes no sense", then you'd have had a point ;)

Also, Deponia is dogshit, unless you enjoy bad broken puzzle design, flat 'jokes' and being a total waste of space asshole of a main character.

And they're out of stock.

Amazon has Dark Souls 66% off

IndieGameStand's daily is Shadows of War (greenlight) pay what you want

WinGameStore dailies
  • Endless Space Emperor Edition 75% off
  • Cities in Motion 2 Collection 75% off
  • Europa Univeralis IV 75% off
  • Tropico 5 66% off
Note that their Walking Dead Season 2 is not a Steam key

Tizoc

Excuse me, but it makes perfect sense to use a rubber chicken with a pulley in it on a rope.
Now if you'd said "a chicken with a pulley in it makes no sense", then you'd have had a point ;)

Also, Deponia is dogshit, unless you enjoy bad broken puzzle design, flat 'jokes' and being a total waste of space asshole of a main character.

And they're out of stock.

Amazon has Dark Souls 66% off

IndieGameStand's daily is Shadows of War (greenlight) pay what you want

WinGameStore dailies
  • Endless Space Emperor Edition 75% off
  • Cities in Motion 2 Collection 75% off
  • Europa Univeralis IV 75% off
  • Tropico 5 66% off
Note that their Walking Dead Season 2 is not a Steam key
How much is the complete edition of eu4 over there?

Phawx

I sent steam keys to people and then they went offline and then lost the key in chat.

Really wish steam chat kept history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom