• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting December 8 2023, Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2 will be removed from digital storefronts

ClosBSAS

sucks that they never ever replicated the feel of the sniper of bad company 2 ever again. that shit was intense and amazing to shoot with.

Phase

As this keeps happening, more and more services will pop up preserving multiplayer. The Battlefield series already has one on PC and there are services for consoles making progress etc. For example BC2 will continue after shutdown as Project Venice. It's available on PC and if you're quick, you can still migrate your stats from the original PC or console server.

Obligatory "Fuck digital" comment here :p
Didn't Project Venice basically die? I downloaded and played it for BF3 and it was awesome but very short-lived before being littered with just empty servers.

M0G

Didn't Project Venice basically die? I downloaded and played it for BF3 and it was awesome but very short-lived before being littered with just empty servers.
Well I've picked at it a little since the announcement and there seems to be one consistently populated server. Which for me, is good enough to scratch the itch so to speak. When I've looked in the last few years, the main game hasn't faired much better but I could be wrong. At least it has a chance of resurgence, which can't happen with no service at all.

Top Bottom