• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield review embargo date is Thursday August 31st at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM UK.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Where are those sweet leaks?

Get Out Fruit GIF by Chris Cimino

Stafford

I have a feeling this is going to be very good. I know there's still skepticism, but this is Todd's dream game, it's been in development for a long ass time. We also had playtesters saying it had exceeded their expectations and so on. And the Direct was awesome.

I especially hope we really see the return of some much needed RPG elements. We know the traditional dialogue system is back, so that's good.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
100.18GB thought it was more?
On Series X ?
It only installs the required languages (English is always there, plus the one your console/Windows is set if dubbed).
For example in French the Series X Install is like 106 GB, and PC size is 122 GB.
The PC English only version seems to be 117 GB.

The Store tells the size of the full package (with all languages).

FeralEcho

89 it is and hopefully I adore it.
Bingo,I think thats how it will end up,It will be an amazing game bogged down by the usual Bethesda bugs which hopefully will be ironed out in time but it'll affect the score for alot of publications.I hope the series S version will work great as thats what I'll be playing it on.September will be insane for gaming.

Last edited:
On Series X ?
It only installs the required languages (English is always there, plus the one your console/Windows is set if dubbed).
For example in French the Series X Install is like 106 GB, and PC size is 122 GB.
The PC English only version seems to be 117 GB.

The Store tells the size of the full package (with all languages).
Yeah Series X, well I'm sure it's fine.

Bingo,I think thats how it will end up,It will be an amazing game bogged down by the usual Bethesda bugs which hopefully will be ironed out in time but it'll affect the score for alot of publications.I hope the series S version will work great as thats what I'll be playing it on.September will be insane for gaming.
No chance this scores below 90mc, I'm going 94 or 95 within that range.

RespawnX

Weird people are playing it now and not a single early leaked impression. Like at least something like ( amazing ) or ( disappointed)

I get NDA and stuff. But no harm of getting people hyped by your influencers especially if the game is good
Standard clause at Microsoft, until end of embargo you are not allowed to make public that you are part of a review program. Yes, there are always experts who think they know better. But with such a big title, it's virtually guaranteed to be the end of the partnership (or more). No that many small sites or content creators would dare to do that. Big portals play by the rules, they don't want a lawsuit.

Despite that, there are already the first leaks around. Some people underestimate how good big companies monitoring can be. They basically monitor half the internet for those kind of releases.

Winter John

I have a feeling this is going to be very good. I know there's still skepticism, but this is Todd's dream game, it's been in development for a long ass time. We also had playtesters saying it had exceeded their expectations and so on. And the Direct was awesome.

I especially hope we really see the return of some much needed RPG elements. We know the traditional dialogue system is back, so that's good.
No really Martha, he's changed. He said it'd would be different this time.

sainraja

Sometimes you need to be selective with your money and even more important your time. While consensus isn't always right when you look at the games that often score high yea they tend to be pretty good. Like if I was interested in gollum, see its a broken mess from reviews am I wrong for skipping? Or whats better imo a game like signalis reviews really well then is put on peoples radar.
I am just referring to the "huge" emphasis put on reviews by many gamers. You don't see this type of thing happening in other mediums or maybe I am just not aware.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
This has to be a home run, MS need some sort of positive PR, so I have no doubt it will be great. Lack of performance on Series X does suck as I probably would have been tempted to pick a Series X up at some point this generation. May as well invest that money in a PC going forward.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
I dont want spoilery leaks, i just want spoiler free impressions about the game itself, the performance and the state of the game regarding polish and bugs

kikkis

I think it will review pretty well. But I don't think the game will for me. 30fps, likely middling and tedious mechanics and focus on crafting etc.

LordCBH

Fallout 4 showed that even a bad Bethesda single player rpg gets rated high. So this one? I think it averages a 90 or a 91. I also think it will be better than Fallout 4, which is good because I did not enjoy fallout 4.

Caio

No chance this scores below 90mc, I'm going 94 or 95 within that range.
I also feel this will score higher than 90 : the level of polish will be much higher than any other Bethesda Game, and the effort and passion that every single developer have put on it is outstanding, and in development since a long time. MS also put so many extra resources, helping the development of this huge game, and testing every aspect of it. I got the feeling this game will be amazing.

DaGwaphics

Since Skyrim does have a 90+ rating on PC, I wouldn't put that out of the range of possibility.

Some of it depends to on how approachable they can make it in "journalist" mode so that the reviewers can get deep enough into the game. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I think it can score 90+. Maybe 92-93. Ether way I can't fuckin wait till September 6 (yeah I hate this early access stuff so I don't encourage it)
2023 is SO packed it's ridiculous

Love This GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Now give me S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 this December and I freak out

saintjules

Read through some comments there. Seems some kind of grudge is involved, Layman Gaming? Whatever the fuck that is.

One comment goes..."maybe they were afraid you would light them up."

Sigh, or maybe there's another reason and the game is genuinely good

Skillup's tweet was deleted. Maybe they gave him a code.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Waiting for some series x impressions. Hopefully the game runs well. They only making this for 1 console, well 2 with the help of MS. Surely it will run good and look great right?

3x.png

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Maybe, just maybe...focusing on less platforms and MS sending the ninjas and pumping loads of money to get this as smooth as possible will actually pay off.

Would be nice to get a game in 2023 that doesn't launch needing too many patches.

Top Bottom