• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley Update 1.6 releases on March 19

Kind of annoying that this game has sold tens of millions of copies and they can't even get the update out on the same day across platforms.

Holammer

There's also the mention how Stardew sold over 30M copies as of Feb 24th (19M on PC). It was "over 20M" last year around Q1.
Brutal, but I think it's safe to say it sold more than all Harvest Moon & Story of Seasons games combined.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I’ve just bought this for Steam Deck and to be honest I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. Heard of people sinking 100s of hours into this game.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i wonder what will be the last actual update here.
I want to jump in into the final version of the game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I decompiled his original code since it was based on XNA. I realized I code write that code. You could too. But what I couldn't do is the art, the story and the music/sound. Guy was brilliant being able to do all that so well.
Oh man, I'd like to see that code. I couldn't do the music or sound, either. The guy is clearly good at using both hemispheres of his brain.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sure but that was also 8 years ago. He's hired people to help him since then, and the game has made him very wealthy.
The 1.4 update was him and two other people. 1.5 was just him and one other person. Still not enough people to do every platform at once.

Vandole

I’ve just bought this for Steam Deck and to be honest I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. Heard of people sinking 100s of hours into this game.
Just play at whatever pace you want, tackle whatever tasks you want to, and quit whenever you want to. I love the game, but always get a little burned out after 70 hours or so. And I always say I'll return to that game at be some point, but when I inevitably come back I always start back from scratch. So there's tons of late game content I've never seen, but truth be told, there's still some early and mid game content that I've still missed too.

mitch1971

I actually play this on the car all the time.
cars will GIF

• LOL
Reactions: XXL

Topher

Gold Member
Oh man, I'd like to see that code. I couldn't do the music or sound, either. The guy is clearly good at using both hemispheres of his brain.

Looks like you can see some of it. Download JustDecompile. You'll need to create an account, but it is free.

Then you'll be able to open up some of the DLLs such as "Stardew Vally.dll". Not sure how much has changed over the years, but before I was able to see the entire game loop.

Here's an example what I'm seeing...

OBe5uf7.png

Top Bottom