• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Neff

Is it just me or is crossguard stance completely useless?

The 'Cobra Cal' trophy made me smile. I'll be surprised if anyone finds it without a guide.

Nankatsu

One less Rancor

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

Dibils2k

anyone know right HDR setting (on XSX)? i am on LG C1 and i play HGIG and it feels like the blacks are raised and the ingame settings doesnt do anything on the sample image they show 😆

if anyone knows what each settings actually do or know exact settings for LG HGIG that would help

Last edited:

Luipadre

So apparently you can toggle performance mode on during cutscenes if you pause and it gives you "60" fps cutscenes instead of 30 in perf mode, but you need to do this in every cutscene. I dont have the game just saw this on the other forum. If true... man

Goodfellas GIF

Nankatsu

Question: how to you execute finishing Moves? I don't remember if it was this random in Fallen Order to be honest. I thought by perfect parrying would help but doesn't seems to be the case. What am I missing?

EDIT: in training, perfect parrying until fully depleting of enemies shield bar, followed by square does the trick, but on open world seems pretty random to trigger.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Holy shit that first side mission is rough, facing
a fucking Rancor
this early, it can pretty much one you, a real begginners trap
Yeah that was a fun fight on Grand Master difficulty.

Banned
Does VRR fix the performance mode at all?

it fixes it in the sense that it makes it useable.
without VRR the performance mode is not really useable whatsoever given that it has adaptive vsync, meaning tearing the moment it drops below 60fps.

and I'd argue also only on Series X set to 120hz, since it will drop below your VRR window if you have your system set to 60hz.

but it's still really bad even then.
it's decently smooth in more segregated areas, but really bad in bigger hub areas.

Fidelity mode is a big no for me tho, given the ridiculous input lag it has.

Exentryk

Busy exploring the second area (Koboh). Really loving the game, and it's a big improvement over the first game which I loved too.

Some more random images:

J2DsRgM.jpg

FKZUsjZ.jpg

1Qmte4x.jpg

uFpARH5.jpg

SCB3

The story seems to be integrating the High Republic era a lot, this is a era I’m not familiar with at all, I may need to go read those books at some point

outsida

What is your cpu and what resolution / settings are you playing and finally just before it crashes, what is your vram usage at, if off course you notice right before it crashes?
7800x3d I run 5160 x 2160 max settings with RT off. I see it get to around 18GB then it crashes with the message.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The story seems to be integrating the High Republic era a lot, this is a era I’m not familiar with at all, I may need to go read those books at some point
Since it’s been posted…

This game is going to expose that era to a lot of people, and it’s going to trigger the fuck out of he outrage bait culture warriors on YouTube who use it as view bait based on two characters from the comics. But this is the first time it’s been realized in such a way as up until now it’s just books and comics (they’re filming a TV series now set at the end of the era).

I hated BioWare’s look for KOTOR as it was supposed to be set THOUSANDS of years before the movies, but the technology looked the same. The High Republic is just a few hundred years before the movies and I love how stuff like the droids and lightsabers look antique. Hell a character in the game even uses that word.

Captn

7800x3d I run 5160 x 2160 max settings with RT off. I see it get to around 18GB then it crashes with the message.

Hmm.. Might be the resolution which is above 4k but then again this should not happen.

I played diablo 4 beta and vram was maxing out at 24.5gb and I never crashed once because of that.

This is weird. Maybe try lowering the resolution and see if that still happens.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
15 hours of main story completion.

EifL5DC.jpg
FuNm3Dl.jpg
That’s shorter than I expected. All the places I read were 20-25. Fextralife, who is the wiki-souls-pedia said 20. I made it to
Jedha and am fighting my way from the monster in the sand
what percentage is that?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm just going to say it again. Game looks freaking amazing. Some more of my Series X shots:

52856917876_60e3fc0cfe_o.png

52857304855_59faaede4b_o.png

52857084424_4fcf01a699_o.png

I may be in the minority but I'm fine with playing at a stable 30fps when the game looks this good. This absolutely looks "next-gen" and justifies it's existence as a next-gen only game.
The problem is that it runs at a stable 30 fps in that level, but will drop below 30 fps (by a lot) in the open world level. So good luck lol.

And yes, the details in that level are definitely a step up from last gen games. reminded me of ratchet's futuristic town, albeit at a reduce graphical fidelity.

What about people who complain about gamers complaining about games?

ManaByte

Gold Member
According to IGN
that’s chapter 3 and there are 6 chapters total.
I did not realize the missions were broken down like that. I didn’t skip a head. I just focused on what I’ve already done so far.
The game doesn’t break it up like that.

Edit: Just checked. The IGN Wiki isn’t complete. They’ve only gotten to “Chapter 6”.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The game doesn’t break it up like that.

Edit: Just checked. The IGN Wiki isn’t complete. They’ve only gotten to “Chapter 6”.
This one?
They’ve got it up to Chapter 3. Which is where I’m at. I find it odd that it’s “broken up” in Chapters cause who’s counting? Lol google total chapters and it comes to equal six.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This one?
They’ve got it up to Chapter 3. Which is where I’m at. I find it odd that it’s “broken up” in Chapters cause who’s counting? Lol google total chapters and it comes to equal six.
It’s a lot longer than that.

Nankatsu

I don't post here much but I just wanted to say ignoring the technical issues this games is fucking phenomenal.

Best level design and environmental art I have ever seen.
It's so damn satisfying every bit of exploration rewarding you with something. You can really see how much thought and care they put in building the Star Wars universe in here.

Doesn't excuse them for the current state of the game, but that aside game is legit awesome.

And it's quite the looker... When the performance allows it.

Last edited:

Neff

i wanna play the game but all i hear is bad news

Game's great. If you liked the first one you'll like this- it's bigger, more varied, and significantly better looking.

I can't speak for the PC experience (which seems to be taking the brunt of criticism), but I'm playing on PS5 and it's mostly fine. The framerate chugs at times (particularly in the first area), there's a few weird glitches here and there, and there's some design/control jank left over from the first game, but other than that there's really nothing terribly wrong with it. It plays great, has tons to do, is packed with bags of lovingly-recreated Star Wars fanservice, and at its best is one of the finest looking games out there, fully eschewing any last gen restrictions.

Some more of my Series X shots

Yeah Coruscant is something else. I really wish there was more of it.

Last edited:

NekoFever

I suppose you're not supposed to be tackling the rancor so early in the game? He chops my ass so easily.
It can be done but that boss is basically this game‘s Oggdo Bogda, in that it’s a very tough optional boss that you’re quite likely to stumble on very early when you’ve got no chance.

Top Bottom