• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Mononoke

Banned
Doesn't Sam remind anyone of Shepard? The "brooding at the SMI table" scene where you launch missions is like a dead ringer for Shepard.

Yep. His new model/design also looks similar to default Shepard (especially his eyes). That + what you said with the table, totally reminded me of him.

Sober

Doesn't Sam remind anyone of Shepard? The "brooding at the SMI table" scene where you launch missions is like a dead ringer for Shepard.
I believe even earlier in production before they 'aged' him to be closer to his 50s or so yeah he was kinda a dead ringer for Vandaloo-Shep. Not sure why they didn't keep Conviction Sam though. Never understood how that was 'generic' though either.

Pooya

Briggs reminds me of Jacob in ME2 also. The whole game somewhat reminds me of ME2; meaningless LT/RT decisions, you take missions from your crew etc and some other story related events.

DryvBy

I'm playing co-op with my cousin and I hate this game. The AI is horrible and the game seems to not really care if you stealth or not. Disappointing to say the least.

And the constant glitches. Lots and lots of glitches!

Briggs reminds me of Jacob in ME2 also. The whole game somewhat reminds me of ME2; meaningless LT/RT decisions, you take missions from your crew etc and some other story related events.

and your main base is a aeroplane (the normandy is a spaceship but given the universe its something similar)

ironcreed

Banned
So this turned out pretty good, aye? Nice to hear that is pretty much a mix of the old and new, as I enjoyed both concepts in previous entries.

raphier

Banned

The way Sam talks sometimes throws me back to Mass Effect 2 days. Too bad the antagonist is so boring

HT UK

I'm finding it odd that I'm playing non-lethal, but then in cut-scenes other members of my team will just headshot guys like it's nothing. And there's certain parts of missions where you play as other team members, and have to kill :S

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When did Vic and Sam become lovers? So annoying with this VIC VIC VIC crap.

Since Commander Fisher found out the Paladin is his favorite ship in ALL the US military.

Lima

I'm finding it odd that I'm playing non-lethal, but then in cut-scenes other members of my team will just headshot guys like it's nothing. And there's certain parts of missions where you play as other team members, and have to kill :S

You can play the whole game without killing anyone. The last sentence doesn't make sense.

Azulsky

So i got this on Uplay due to video card

My friend and I used to be able to join each other when it first came out no problems.

After any patches this feature has gone away.

I dont have any VPN network adapter installed

I forwarded the executable through the firewall.

Still nothing

Do we need to do port forwarding through routers?

So i got this on Uplay due to video card

My friend and I used to be able to join each other when it first came out no problems.

After any patches this feature has gone away.

I dont have any VPN network adapter installed

I forwarded the executable through the firewall.

Still nothing

Do we need to do port forwarding through routers?
I'm not sure that the game/uplay forwards ports properly. My buddy and I had issues until we both did the following:

1) Re-checked that UPnP was on in our routers (obviously was derp).
2) Changed uplay settings to NOT use a proxy from within uplay client (don't know if this did anything.
3) Manually forwarded necessary uplay UDP ports in our routers.

Worked like magic after that. point 3) contradicts point 1) which makes me think that auto-portforwarding is not working properly.

Azulsky

I'm not sure that the game/uplay forwards ports properly. My buddy and I had issues until we both did the following:

1) Re-checked that UPnP was on in our routers (obviously was derp).
2) Changed uplay settings to NOT use a proxy from within uplay client (don't know if this did anything.
3) Manually forwarded necessary uplay UDP ports in our routers.

Worked like magic after that. point 3) contradicts point 1) which makes me think that auto-portforwarding is not working properly.

Sigh no dice.

Just glad I didnt pay out of pocket for either copy.

HT UK

You can play the whole game without killing anyone. The last sentence doesn't make sense.

Even when you play as Briggs. (
In FPS it would be possible, but extremely hard. But I didn't see the option when you're playing as him and using the sniper early on)

And when you're exiting Iran and playing as Grimm. Can you just not shoot the cars?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Need some assistance from anyone that's completed on Perfectionist.

How do you take out the two guys during the moving train sequence? As soon as I drop into the window I'm killed. I have no time to do anything. Obviously I can't mark them due to the Perfectionist difficulty. I'm talking about the part when you climb out the window and shimmy over to the other cart.

I've attempted this so many times. It's getting a bit silly now.

Thanks. I was doing both of those things, I just seemed to die within seconds of getting my back to the cover.

Managed to get through. Agreed, it's truly awful.

I had trouble with that also. It actually felt like you were rolling a D20 to get in there. I tried many things but none seemed a sure fire way to progress then I did it and I don't know why as it didn't feel like I had done anything different.

Xanathus

I had trouble with that also. It actually felt like you were rolling a D20 to get in there. I tried many things but none seemed a sure fire way to progress then I did it and I don't know why as it didn't feel like I had done anything different.

I dropped through the second window down the train, immediately got into the cover to your left and immediately threw a sleeping gas grenade. Throwing a grenade doesn't take you out of cover unlike the crossbow so as long as you can get into cover in time you should be fine. IIRC you don't even need to aim at them, a blind toss is enough to hit them with the huge AOE of the grenade.

Having more problems with Uplay. After redownloading the game, it worked until for some reason the game decided to download the two previous patches and now DX 11 will not work. The DX11.exe doesn't work either.

I am so done with Ubisoft games on the PC. Are the Steam users having these problems?

Liamario

Banned
Dear Idiots. When playing Spies V Mercs, it's important to play the f**king objective!
Also, we don't need/want everyone to be on the same objective unless it has been captured!!!!!!!!
*Exhales*

Nokterian

Finally started playing for a good amount yesterday. This game is really good and does look pretty nice on PC. Way better then Conviction though. Surprised how well integrated 360 controller works since conviction did work well at all was such a horrible port anyway. I did a Grim mission Hawkins Seafort and did it totally ghost,so much fun! A lot of content and things to do. Want to do a co-op sooner or later. Feel free to add me on Uplay : Ozgiliath is my nickname there. Also played a bit Spies vs Mercs liked that also.

dab0ne

I was just forced into a
FPS section with Briggs and it didn't feel right. It's the mission where you defuse the bombs in Philly.
. Anyway, I didn't like it and was wondering if there are anymore parts later in the game like that so I can be prepared for it.

Liamario

Banned
I was just forced into a
FPS section with Briggs and it didn't feel right. It's the mission where you defuse the bombs in Philly.
. Anyway, I didn't like it and was wondering if there are anymore parts later in the game like that so I can be prepared for it.

No.

Sojgat

If you use the heavy armor, it's much more consistent (I think it's part of Charlie's loadout advice). You can take quite a lot of damage, it actually makes that part really easy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hate to say this but Grim is such an appealing character to me. The new actress does a great job with her performance. God, I love the way she bosses people around OMG

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kev has a "woman stomping over him" fetish, I see.

I need to go back and do Brigg's last mission, but I haven't heard talk they fixed that scripting bug. :/

Ashtar

I'm playing co-op with my cousin and I hate this game. The AI is horrible and the game seems to not really care if you stealth or not. Disappointing to say the least.

And the constant glitches. Lots and lots of glitches!
Really? I thought the AI was quite good. What difficulty are you playing on?

ironcreed

Banned
I'm currently engulfed in Diablo III while waiting for GTA V, but I went ahead and bought this as well. Hearing too many good things and need to see for myself.

Zoc

Does anyone have the Japanese Wii U version of this? I want to know if it has English support, because I hate playing Western games in Japanese.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can't believe I'm saying this but this game is genuinely great. Finished it. Awesome return to form. Not as good as chaos theory but what is?

Pooya

Can't believe I'm saying this but this game is genuinely great. Finished it. Awesome return to form. Not as good as chaos theory but what is?

yeah, it was quite good aside from couple places in the main campaign.
Play side missions too if you haven't, Grim's missions are really great, closest thing to Chaos Theory you can find, they are not very large but level design is really really good and sandbox style. problem is detection = instant failure which can be annoying.

Pooya

Those side missions are really scratching my "Terrorist hunt" itch. We need a new Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six. :(

yeah, Charlie's and Kobin's missions are basically terrorist hunt and quite fun, last two maps for Charlie are quite good.

GRFS didn't have any TH like mode at all for shame (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

danielcw

Those who completed the game:

Wow a good idea for a
stealth gameplay
bossfight, but the QTE events were annoying. Just grabbing him should have been enough

did you watch all the credits?
Sam & the elephant :)

And what about
the post credits scene. I only saw Sam entering the room with Vic & Sadiq, and expected more. Did I accidently skip something?

yeah, it was quite good aside from couple places in the main campaign.
Play side missions too if you haven't, Grim's missions are really great, closest thing to Chaos Theory you can find, they are not very large but level design is really really good and sandbox style. problem is detection = instant failure which can be annoying.

I was playing a couple of grim's missions earlier and as much as i like detection=fail it got frustrating pretty quick

soultron

Banned
I hate to say this but Grim is such an appealing character to me. The new actress does a great job with her performance. God, I love the way she bosses people around OMG

I agree. I'd love to see Kate Drummond do more games. She's fantastic. I'd rank her up there with Jennifer Hale.

Alpende

Those who completed the game:

Wow a good idea for a
stealth gameplay
bossfight, but the QTE events were annoying. Just grabbing him should have been enough

did you watch all the credits?
Sam & the elephant :)

And what about
the post credits scene. I only saw Sam entering the room with Vic & Sadiq, and expected more. Did I accidently skip something?

Probably a set up for a sequel.

PusherT

I have noticed a trend in this thread. No one is talking about the sad state the Wii U online community is in. Ubisoft after 3weeks still hasn't patched the Wii U version. If this were the Xbox or Playstation community there would be an outrage. Look at the Miiverse for this game and people are really upset.

Gaz_RB

I have noticed a trend in this thread. No one is talking about the sad state the Wii U online community is in. Ubisoft after 3weeks still hasn't patched the Wii U version. If this were the Xbox or Playstation community there would be an outrage. Look at the Miiverse for this game and people are really upset.

It's hard for there to be that much outrage when not that many people have a Wii U/ are familiar with the problems. Does it seem to be more Ubi or Nintendo's fault?

Top Bottom