• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man The Great Web: Insomniac Multiplayer game images leak

Bartski

Gold Member
Remember this?

- Spider-man meets GTA Online
- Multiverse that matters
- Welcoming neighborhood
- The ultimate sandbox

Looks like another Sony GAAS bites the dust.

1BP1xXH.png
yB2fluT.png
IRSECsv.png

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
do you think it's somewhere in the roadmap past 2035?

I don't see the roadmap in the OP.

Are you referring to the slide that showed...

- Spiderman 2 Online (multiplayer 1.0)
- Wolverine Online (multiplayer 2.0)
- XMen Online (multiplayer 3.0)

MirageMew2

The concepts look great and “Spider-Man meets GTA Online” is an easy sell. This could easily be a serviceable GaaS that makes sense in-universe and doesn’t butcher its characters, i.e. Avengers or SSKtJL. Fingers crossed it’s not actually cancelled, the Easter egg in SM2 was clearly pointing to this.

Remember this?

Looks like another Sony GAAS bites the dust.

1BP1xXH.png
yB2fluT.png
IRSECsv.png
Keep in mind some of us have been playing GTA online before it was even mainstream, I’m talking early 2000s on the PC, that’s a lot of investment from a community. It’s going to be a big uphill battle to have success with titles like this.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
GT7
TWISTED METAL
MLB the Show
Horizon Online

Deviation's game is dead but that games director now works for Sony and is working on something big.

Deviation is also hiring for something right now. They might be staffing up for a new project or maybe they're a support studio moving forward.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
do you see a game called "Spider-Man The Great Web" hidden somewhere on this slide?

Do you think they're really titling all their multiplayer projects "Spiderman Online", "Wolverine Online", and "XMen Online"?

Or do you think those are placeholder names?

And what you did with the..."Looks like another Sony GAAS bites the dust" comment.

9f7.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Do you think they're really titling all their multiplayer projects "Spiderman Online", "Wolverine Online", and "XMen Online"?

And what you did with the..."Looks like another Sony GAAS bites the dust" comment.

9f7.jpg
It's really impossible to tell, but the way they list it on that chart looks like some minor additional thing like the Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer add-on. Great Web seems like a full separate thing.

proandrad

Good to see Sony course correcting and getting rid of all that gaas trash. Most studios/publishers would give into the sunk cost fallacy and release trash. Hopefully they recycle these assets into their next single player game.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

9f7.jpg
It doesn't say "Spiderman Online", it says "Spiderman 2 Online". Does this look like a "Spiderman 2 Online" to you?

Sorry man I didn't mean to hurt you.

John Wick

Fuck me even Sony don't know which way to proceed
GOOD!!!! Cancel more of them. Sony should only have 4 or 5 total GAAS games going at once. Not 12.
Yeah that was stupid. They need to put studios together that have experience in that field. Rather than asking single player studios to make them. About 6 is good figure in my opinion.

Robb

Gold Member
Seems a bit weird. Looks to take some inspiration from the Spiderverse movies, yet it just looks exactly like their current Spider-Man games?

Needs to be singleplayer (or maybe with online CoOp) and use the same amazing artstyle as the movies.

The vulture fight in Across the Spiderverse looks absolutely insane in motion. Give me a game like that, please.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's really impossible to tell, but the way they list it on that chart looks like some minor additional thing like the Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer add-on. Great Web seems like a full separate thing.

I guess we don't know. Still seems like OP is pushing hard for a flimsy narrative.

Only took a few days after The Last of Us Online got cancelled to see Insomniac is working on 3 multiplayer games.

Looks like 12 GAAS titles just went to 14.

Jayjayhd34

Why so many threads on this leak wouldn't it be more ideal have one mega thread with all the information in one place

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I guess we don't know. Still seems like OP is pushing hard for a flimsy narrative.

Only took a few days after The Last of Us Online got cancelled to see Insomniac is working on 3 multiplayer games.

Looks like 12 GAAS titles just went to 14.

Nope, you're wrong again.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Says the expert on pushing some of the flimsiest narratives imaginable. I still love you <3

Me: "GAAS is the future."
PlayStation: "We're investing 60% of our resources into GAAS."
Insomniac: "We're working on 3 GAAS games."
You: "Why are you pushing a flimsy narrative Men_in_Boxes?"

The evidence keeps piling up.

VulcanRaven

They should just make this a normal game that can be played as co-op. It doesn't need to be full multiplayer online game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom