• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man E3 2017 Gameplay - PS4 - 2018

SeppOCE

Looks really underwhelming. QTE events out the dick and rip-off Arkham gameplay everyone is sick of. Web swinging looks like it could be fun and MILES MORALES IS IN THE STORY BABY so I'll probably still buy.

Randam

not a fan of his webs functioning like a hookshot.

If you want to reach a beam, you should shot at the roof and swing to it.

Angry Fork

The web swinging is cool but it felt like 75% of the demo was QTE's, not a good look at all to me.

Also the white spider is disgusting, don't know who thinks that looks good. Let there be alternate (free) black spider costumes.

So many QTEs my god. Not sure I like how automated it looked as well...

but I want this game to be good so bad. I NEED a good Spiderman game, it's been over a decade.

Uh, how? Looked to be attaching to buildings to me.

Momentum looks kind of off. Like the speed isn't there.

Pooya

It's kinda amusing that new God of War had zero QTE then they show this. Maybe regular gameplay is better because that didn't look fun.

Looks very pretty, but very scripted, and the parts that didn't, look as if it plays the same as all Spider-man games I've played... And I don't know if that's good or not.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Too much left to right movement on the swinging instead of gravitating towards the building. And the QTEs looked brutal. It was a really bad demo. Really not what I was hoping for.

I'm watching the web slinging again and I'm not seeing the left to right movement. He latches a web onto a building and his swing is gravitating towards the anchor point.

That looked awesomee. Would be better with less QTE but I see why they are helpful. Action was insane.

I'm super happy with the movement and fighting.

Bulby

Didnt like the QTEs at all. It happened at the exact moments when I was saying 'no no no no dont take control away from me here!'

gdt

Looks amazing visually but it also looks like QTE city.

I hope the swinging is fun and it feels like I have actual control over it.

Kikorin

Graphically is amazing as expected, gameplay looked a bit meh to me. This is one of my most anticipated games on PS, so I really hope this sections was that much on rail for demonstrations purpose.

I thought this looked impressive...Sure it was a scripted sequence, just as Anthem was, but very well choreographed and most of all looked fun.

the graphics look amazing and i liked the fluid animations but I need to see more gameplay still, the qte fest was cool in an uncharted way but I hope thats not going to be a real common way of handling boss fights.

Arttemis

I thought this was bad ass! Fully refined Predator gameplay from Arkham games, insanely detailed Manhattan to swing around in, and so damn stylish!

Tuck

The game looks competent but thats pretty much all I can say about it. Another generic open world city (Which tbf isn't really their fault, its not likke they could set Spiderman in tokyo), the combat is basically Arkham, and the entire QTE sequence was just that... a QTE. So, can't say I'm excited for this one. Just very dull.

PR_rambo

Banned
Swinging looked great I thought, I don't mind the QTEs as they result in some amazing set pieces. Like a movie come to life, I'm so fucking ready for this game

Best game of the day, honestly. And not just because it has Miles in it.

QTE's are fine, as well as the combat. The free flow style fits with the character.

spider-bat

which I don't necessarily mind, it's the best combat in these type of games.

Would like to see what the game had to offer besides scriped qte/story mode though. A shadow of mordor nemesis type system with villains would be cool.

Da-Kid

The combat... didn't look any much better than the Beenox Amazing Spider-Man games... Or is it just me...? And it lacks impact.

Mash83

I mean, qte's... but it looks smooth as fuck. Its going to be stunning on ps4 pro. Expecting this late 2018, could get pushed to early 2019 window.

Jaymageck

The scene with the falling crane or whatever and Spidey wrapping it as he's running was exhilarating. Game looks pretty epic.

Top Bottom