• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man E3 2017 Gameplay - PS4 - 2018

Bishop89

Pros:

Arkham type combat
Looks amazing

Cons:
A few too many QTE's, but this is probably only for some main story missions.

khaaan

I thought the combat looked fun but yeah, that QTE-fest that followed was a real bummer. I'm still down though, my family loves to watch QTE heavy things so at worst it'll be like a pseudo-movie...and seemingly a pretty good one too.

Too many QTEs. yawn, please reduce in final game.

Web-slinging looks slow but at least the webs stuck to walls. I see they also made an improvement to web-zip instead of doing like Beenox with the auto platforming crap.

Combat just looks like Batman Arkham.

All in all, they didn't convince me to buy a PS4 like I wanted them to.

Neoxon

Can someone explain this to me?
Miles Morales is the newer bi-racial (half black, half latino) Spider-Man introduced in the Ultimate Universe who was brought to the main Marvel Universe after Secret Wars. Miles doesn't replace Peter in the main MU, but rather co-exist with him (though he did replace the Ultimate Universe's Peter, who died). He basically has all of Peter's powers plus Venom Blasts (red electric shocks) & the ability to go invisible.

By FAR the best thing on sony presser (even better than GOW that finally looks great gameplay wise).

My only gripe is the amount of QTEs and that it simply looked too good to be an actual game. (And I'm saying this as a compliment for Inso)

Pachimari

Pretty disappointed in what they showed us. :(

Wall running looked completely off, and how it activated looked rough and buggy. Web-slinging physics looked rough. And tons of QTEs up in this. I wasn't feeling the web-zips either.

I can't udnerstand why GOW, Detroit and Spider-Man look so much better this year than when shwon last year. They look excatly like CGI from post-process and details. Those must be made from the groudn up on PS4 PRO.

Looked very scripted, but the parts that weren't were promising - the stealth and combat at the beginning, and maybe the swinging during the helicopter chase. Well, some of it, anyway.

I hope we get to see some more open gameplay during the week. I'm still stoked as hell.

Top Bottom