• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: Snow Day! Review 3/10 IGN

Krathoon

The deluxe edition is pretty absurd. $20 more.

You can get it at a key shop for $35.

I still remember Southpark on the N64. It is pretty silly. This shit has been around for 30 years. They made a whole career off of it.

And they have free time to make video games.

Ribi

lmao had this on the PS1. My mum bought it for me from a car boot sale, and when I opened the case, there was an A4 piece of paper full of cheat codes for the game. I still remember the gobbling sound of the turkeys though.
I need a chef's love shack reboot with updated questions and an updated South Park Rally

place-your-bets-south-park.gif

Last edited:

nikos

Played for about an hour so far and there's no way this game will end up a 3/10 for me. Gameplay is fun and I've had a several legitimate laughs already. I haven't even watched the show in forever, other than a couple of the Paramount specials recently.

My biggest issue with the game so far is the audio mix, which can be slightly improved by attenuating the music and dialog. There's a season pass, so the game will be supported for at least a year and hopefully improved based on feedback.

Shame people see a review and take it as gospel without formulating their own opinion on something. I'd expect at least GAF to know better than that.

nkarafo

The N64 games back when used heavy fog because they were so afraid of rendering out at a far distance.

Ocarina of Time proved that you could.
Banjo-Kazooie did that before OOT. And Goldeneye before Banjo-Kazooie. And Mario 64 before Goldeneye.

Fog was an issue in some games by some developers, it wasn't a N64 problem. And the other consoles also had a ton of games that had their own version of fog or pop-up.

Krathoon

Banjo-Kazooie did that before OOT. And Goldeneye before Banjo-Kazooie. And Mario 64 before Goldeneye.

Fog was an issue in some games by some developers, it wasn't a N64 problem. And the other consoles also had a ton of games that had their own version of fog or pop-up.
Yeah. It was kind of silly how some developers really leaned on using fog.

Crm114

Alright so went through the tutorial and the 1st mission. It’s definitely not a 3/10 so far but it’s got some issues.

Camera should be little more zoomed back or you should have the option. .The combat itself is a little wonky at times, I think it’s a combo of the camera and controls. You can adjust the aim and move sensitivity which helps. But I think it’s mostly camera positioning.

It’s definitely a South Park game, there’s funny banter and shit talking. Some small story telling before and in between missions don’t expect anything major though.

The 3D aesthetic works pretty well imo.

If you’re a fan I think you’ll be happy to be able to play a new game in the South Park universe. It’s by no means a top tier game but it’s definitely not bad either so far.

Will give more feedback as I progress.

Fbh

"We've got a formula that perfectly captures the look, vibe and humor of the show, what should we do with it?"

"Put in the vault and let's make a 3D shooter that's going to be dead in 2-3 months"

reinking

Gold Member
Camera should be little more zoomed back or you should have the option. .The combat itself is a little wonky at times, I think it’s a combo of the camera and controls. You can adjust the aim and move sensitivity which helps. But I think it’s mostly camera positioning.
Go into settings, video and change the FOV slider.

I agree, It is no GOTY contender but definitely not a 3/10 game. The South Park humor is there and the price was fair.

Who expected much of it. I am a huge South Park fan and have been since the series first started, but from the first look of Snow Day, it was clear that this will be nothing special and just a cash grab, so I had zero interest in this game.

wipeout364

I have played about 4 hours of it so far. I really enjoy it! It isn't anything amazing or special, but for a cheap game that feels like South Park - its a lot of fun.
What is this game, I couldn’t really tell from the trailer? Is it like Diablo?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
What is this game, I couldn’t really tell from the trailer? Is it like Diablo?
So there are a handful of levels that are broken up into mini areas that task you with doing something, whether it is to defeat all enemies, obtain an item, defend a point, or a few other objective types. Each take place at various points around the town culminating in a boss fight at the end.

Your currency is Toilet Paper, smash items and complete tasks to get it. You csn use it to “bribe” Jimmy for rarer cards.

Cards are your abilities. They upgrade the two abilities you set before a match located on the l1 and r1 buttons. There are a ton of cards to collect and use.

You can also find the goth girl hidden around the map that can give you dark matter for permanent stat boosts by spending them at me hanky. Eat shit, get stronger.

Each match consists of you and the ai having a special ability as well called “bullshit cards”. They are bullshit. Example being rezzing every enemy you killed on that map to turning everyone into vampires.

It’s simple, doesn’t waste time, and is full of little Easter eggs and jokes for South Park fans.

Crm114

I have played about 4 hours of it so far. I really enjoy it! It isn't anything amazing or special, but for a cheap game that feels like South Park - its a lot of fun.
This is my sentiment so far, although after completing the second level it’s really apparent that this needed a little more time in the oven specifically for the combat. It’s just not that polished could of used some fine tuning.

Is matchmaking working for you guys? Yesterday nobody joined my session and I couldn’t join any session kept getting a connection error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom