• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: Snow Day! Announces Release Date With New Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member
South Park's New Kid (aka you!) is back in South Park: Snow Day!, the new PvE game from South Park Digital Studios and THQ Nordic that allows you to play with bots or up to three friends in co-op to take on your rivals after a blizzard has canceled school. The latest trailer (watch it above) confirms Snow Day's release date: March 26, 2024 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The price for the standard version is $29.99. A Digital Deluxe Edition will be available for $49.99.

Trey Parker is a big fan of board and strategy games. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a lot deeper than people think. It would be weird if this is just a cheap cash grab as that is everything both Matt and Trey have spoken out against. I'm wait and see. Busy release week. Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2 both releasing as well

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The 3D effect is a big No from me.
I’ve got this weird love/hate feeling with the graphics. On one hand, they sort of nostalgically remind me of the 5th gen South Park games, which I actually kind of enjoyed as a kid. But on the other hand, it does look like dogshit.

El Muerto

NjPZxWG.jpg

Dazraell

I'm still baffled whoever thought to release this crap after Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole is the best course of action for South Park games. And it even seems connected to Ubisoft games as they're referencing the new kid

ungalo

They made two critically and commercially successful games and decided instead of making money again, let's make junk that nobody asked for.
I think the second one was a complete failure commercially.

It was pretty enjoyable despite being developed internally by Ubisoft imo.

Last edited:

El Muerto

After watching both of these videos i am now interested in the game. I thought it was going to be an online PVP game only, didnt know there was going to be a story. Also the political and pop culture humor is getting old so it's good to see that the humor is going back to its roots.

Happy it doesn't seem like a cash grab and not PvP. I know most people are disappointed it's not a single player RPG like the previous games but kind of understandable given how much work went into Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole. There are entire seasons worth of South Park content spread across those two games. It makes sense that Matt and Trey wanted to work on a game but not something of that scope. I wish other popular TV series would venture in the gaming landscape, like they did in the 2000's. Very nostalgic for that era

Still, the 3d animation is off-putting. It always has been for South Park, going back to the N64 days. It is only 30$, so maybe its worth playing down the road. Beginning of this year is just crazy packed

Last edited:

Metnut

Matt and Trey have a lengthy interview on this game but I can’t find the link on my mobile.

Talked about not wanting to do another long RPG. This is supposed to be repayable. Its story is more like a few SPs eps rather than a full season +. They like how the 3D looks.

mdkirby

It’s extremely rare my excitement for a game goes from +100 to -1000. But they managed it with this reveal 🤣

Mossybrew

I want to know now much they offended people.

I'm in it for south park humor not for much else.
According to IGN at least they dropped the ball here and there's not much to be found.

This game looked like shit from the first trailer and big surprise, it's shit.

Darchaos

Is it woketards setting the score or is it actually bad? Looling at gothalions stream on twitch rght now and they having a blast and it feels like south park.

So my take so far is that its just woketards saying: wE aRe grOoVen uPs nOw, so YOu cAnt mAke jokes hurr durr

Last edited:

StueyDuck

According to IGN at least they dropped the ball here and there's not much to be found.

This game looked like shit from the first trailer and big surprise, it's shit.
Modern game Journos are exactly the type to be upset with Matt n trey so this is almost a positive.

I'll wait to hear from fans of the show, or just play it myself, it's a AA budget game, why not

Crm114

Whats wrong with the game tho. I was ready to jump in
Did reviews even start dropping ? I think those that are deeming it shit or a failure here have just seen the gameplay clips that were released.

Edit: just saw igns review, not looking good. Curious to see some other reviews before I make a judgement.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Modern game Journos are exactly the type to be upset with Matt n trey so this is almost a positive.

I'll wait to hear from fans of the show, or just play it myself, it's a AA budget game, why not
To be fair the reviewer said they were a fan and were looking forward to some outrageous shit and it just was pretty tame.

StueyDuck

To be fair the reviewer said they were a fan and were looking forward to some outrageous shit and it just was pretty tame.
Again its ign...

I don't take anything coming out of that place seriously, they just do what the purple place tells them to.

LordCBH

Wow. Imagine that. A game that stepped away from what made the last two games really popular and well received is shit.

StueyDuck

Wow. Imagine that. A game that stepped away from what made the last two games really popular and well received is shit.
It's not made by ubi and something tells me part of this is a runoff from when THQ owned the license with obsidian before it all fell apart. There were probably negotiations for the license with an intention to work with it in the future in order to release the stick of truth, which is this game.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

You could tell Trey Parker felt like he was in a hostage video promoting it. Sucks that this isn't good
Some of the best games have been 6s and 7s as of late.

Don't knee jerk react to modern journo reviewers just yet.

But you are right in that BTS vids he was having none of it. Just wanted out 🤣

BlackTron

I'd like to wait until the game is in our hands. I don't trust the reviews, and I don't think simply being in a different genre or in the shadow of a great RPG means it automatically sucks.

Darchaos

Nope, this is not a 3 as IGN gave it, that is for sure. Holy shit what a shitsite with shitpeople.

Last edited:

Ristifer

Is it woketards setting the score or is it actually bad? Looling at gothalions stream on twitch rght now and they having a blast and it feels like south park.

So my take so far is that its just woketards saying: wE aRe grOoVen uPs nOw, so YOu cAnt mAke jokes hurr durr
Wait, ign gave this a 3 and gollum a 4???? Looooool ok it is woketards going ham, what a surprise!
Nope, this is not a 3 as IGN gave it, that is for sure. Holy shit what a shitsite with shitpeople.
Are you okay?

Top Bottom