• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Is Reportedly Improving Reprojection Tech For PSVR 2 Games That Run At 60 FPS

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
PSVR2-1.jpeg

According to the game producer of PSVR 2’s sci-fi action title Hubris, Sony is looking to improve its reprojection technology for PSVR 2 games that are clocking in at 60 FPS.

Koen made the comments during a Reddit AMA, where he said that the improvements are an “ongoing process” at Sony.

We did not have issues with stuttering hands, do note that PlayStation is improving their reprojection a lot and it is an ongoing process, I think when you play our game and you would not know we are using repro you would barely notice it. Of course, if you know what artifacts can be caused due to repro and are really paying attention on it you will still find certain things.
But reviewers got keys and reviews will be release the day before release day so you will have plenty of time for an educated purchase!

Hubris is out today for PSVR 2.

[Source – Reddit AMA]

SilentUser

I would love to see an upgrade to the reprojection, even better if it automatically works for every title already using it (pretty much feasible, imo). Reprojection is passable as it is today, so any improvement is a nice bonus.

Crayon

Ah, very good. I thought it was not that bad or even negligible, but then I tried resident evil using the stick to turn smoothly. I had only been playing standing and turning naturally at that point, so it was actually not very pronounced. Once I panned steaady with a stick, I saw it was pretty obvious.

Top Bottom