• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is making a PlayStation Studios publisher page on Steam

Who's next for a PC release ?

• Bloodborne

Votes: 85 37.0%
  • God of War

Votes: 27 11.7%
  • Last of Us

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • The Nathan Drake Collection

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • Dreams

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • inFamous

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

sublimit

Banned
Clever thing. The more their old exclusives sell on PC the more money they can invest on NEW exclusives for their console business. Not to mention that when the PC peasants see the quality of those old exclusives they will probably buy a PS5 to play all the new ones sooner. ;) It's a win-win situation.

Pejo

Maybe this is Jimbo's plan for preserving games after all....

Once they're on PC, they're as good as archived. I don't hate it.

fersnake

So Excited Reaction GIF

ppl waiting those $1 sales on steam

Banjo64

cumsessed
Watching this space. I hope Sony announce a clear strategy with this. I’m happy to wait a year or two for PS games to come to Steam.

If the PC market was normal right now I’d love to build a mid/high end PC with a 3060ti.

Elog

It is pretty clear that the Sony Hardware is the primary set-piece and then they release later on PC for maximum return on investment as well as indirect marketing of the Sony brand.

Not sure what the fuzz is about - it is a very sound strategy. Owning their console still allows you to play their games for the least amount of money (factoring in the hardware cost) and in addition years ahead of the PC crowd.

CAB_Life

The correctly translated quote:

Jim Ryan: "We will make sure the PlayStation 5 generation has more exclusive software on PC than ever before!"

Edit: On a serious note I think Ghost of T will be next. And it's a stunning game already so hopefully they give PC users all the bells and whistles.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
The correctly translated quote:

Jim Ryan: "We will make sure the PlayStation 5 generation has more exclusive software on PC than ever before!"

Edit: On a serious note I think Ghost of T will be next. And it's a stunning game already so hopefully they give PC users all the bells and whistles.
pretty much what i wanted to write it myself :)

MistBreeze

I think is releasing a game on PC after the game Sales stagnated on ps5 is logical move

want to play day one ?? buy a ps5

it is a win win situation

they will have more money which is a plus

at the same time guarantee game preservation this way

also Sony investing in epic means they want to enter PC gaming space

What's the point owning a PlayStation if I can play their games on PC?
I don't get people who think like this. It's like saying movies are not worth seeing in theatres because the director's cut will be out on Blu-Ray and streaming services later on anyway.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Yeah I am not buying PS5 anymore. Good with my PS4, and was gonna invest in a beefy PC anyway. Saved quite a few bucks now.
Also I hardly play games at launch.

I don't get people who think like this. It's like saying movies are not worth seeing in theatres because the director's cut will be out on Blu-Ray and streaming services later on anyway.
I prefer movies in my home, than movie theaters. There's nothing like putting together your own audio setup, and having way more immersion, depth, and visuals, that just don't cut it in theaters.

You want the best experience in a game? The game being released on ps5 and PC, will show a clear winner. Plus you can get all dual sense features in the games on PC as well?! Can't beat that.

Thedtrain

Idk why this is anything to be upset over.
I’d double dip on some games if they eventually made their way to PC.

Holammer

Good find. Anyone thinking it's a nothing burger? Activision haven't bothered setup a basic publisher page on Steam like Ubisoft did.
So it looks like a Sony is committed to PC. With its diverse quality back catalogue potentially getting ports (pure speculation), they could become a bigger player than EA, Activision or Ubisoft. There's so many excellent PS3 games out there waiting for a second chance.

e139517f63bde74f38d0d5bab433badf.jpg

Pictured: Little Big Planet getting ready for PC ports.

Can't understand the actions.
They invested in Epic but put their games on Steam?
Epic wants to nurture good relations with industry leaders, obviously. What they're doing is allowing Sony to invest ahead of the IPO, essentially giving them free money. If that results in timed exclusives or deeper cooperation and such, remains to be seen.

Kenpachii

If both consoles end up with day and date exclusives (or even delayed ones), it will be interesting to see how it eats at console sales once graphic cards are available again. Exclusives drive console sales, I think it's something that hurt Microsoft in terms of xbox sales (a lot on here have said no xbox as they already have a good pc). Sony needs to tread carefully here.

Do exclusives drive sales? what is the top games on playstation? i bet its multiplatform games like gta / fifa / fortnite. Let's be honest here, while people like games like tlou2 and god of war. they are pretty much filler games for most people.

I mean you can’t. Blood borne Spider-Man God of War Last of Us Nathan Drake Collection etc. none of these games are on PC.
As of right now. They just setup shop, with this new finding. I don't they are making a Sony store, just to sell the already existing games on steam right now, with only the addition to days gone. I'm pretty sure this is literally just the beginning of it, and GoW seems to be next on the chopping block. Hopefully Bloodborne beforehand.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Good for Sony. They only made $22 billion in revenue from their ps division last year. Company posted only $10 billion in profits from an 80 billion revenue stream. They need the extra cash to survive the pandemic.

Ellery

I want it to be Bloodborne, because that would mean that we are getting a PS5 Remaster/patch version as well.

Kilau

They said last year and again this year that more games were coming to PC, why is this such a shock?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
What's the point owning a PlayStation if I can play their games on PC?
The fan warriors will still find some delusional reasons like pc can't play on TV and couch, forever tinkering settings, forever upgrades, etc...
Clever thing. The more their old exclusives sell on PC the more money they can invest on NEW exclusives for their console business. Not to mention that when the PC peasants see the quality of those old exclusives they will probably buy a PS5 to play all the new ones sooner. ;) It's a win-win situation.
If PC peasants wanted to play those games with "quality" (pathetic performance, options and meh controls) they would already have played on the console.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I thought they had that already, it is such an obvious thing to do when you are realising PC games on Steam as a publisher 😅

If PC peasants wanted to play those games with "quality" (pathetic performance, options and meh controls) they would already have played on the console.
I can watch the latest movies in a camera rip, uploaded to 720 resolution, horrible lighting, and people walking across the rows and laughing.... Or I can watch the proper movie in 4K, glorious audio and visuals. Kinda like going from console to pc version. All limitations removed.

Top Bottom