• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Somehing amazing is happening in China and Otaly amids Coronavirus outbreak

TindalosPup

Fun fact: viruses have been found to transpose dna from one species to another. Crows for instance have a big chain of snake DNA in them from a cross species viral infection at some point in their past. It's also quite probable that this is how many invertebrates have their multi stage life cycle, such as caterpillars turning into butterflies.

Blew my mind wide open with this

In theory, we could evolve with Corona over a significant period of time (millions of years) and perhaps end up becoming something like a vampire with the bat DNA within our own

MrA

Banned
The coronavirus is not the enemy. Humans are the true virus. The earth/nature is just fighting this disease (us humans) with its own ways, which is the corona virus. AIDS in modern times and the plague in the middle ages are another examples of that.

Neverending consumption and reckless capitalism/greed for more is destroying the earth. Viruses are a way of the earth to restore balance in nature.

Humans are the cancer and nature is fighting it. We all get what we deserve in the end.
misanthrope much? Thomas Malthus would be proud, well at least in his early days before realizing what a terrible person he was for his misanthropic beliefs
also blaming capitalism is funny since the red menace's environmental record is really something else, I've been to China, and boy they don't care, nor did the soviets, or Vietnam, or any other communist country.
Anyway once this corona outbreak winds down (and I"ll wager in the final tally it will end up comparable to a normal flu season) I'll consider the billions of people on earth say they all deserve to live just as much as I do, continue being an anti-Luddite, enjoy the march of capitalism advancing technology, and generally like people, and maybe even give a honk for the clowns,

Rat Rage

also blaming capitalism is funny since the red menace's environmental record is really something else, I've been to China, and boy they don't care, nor did the soviets, or Vietnam, or any other communist country.

I think you - and some others on this forum - don't understand that China is not communist. They pretend to be communist, but are more of a dictatorship with a high focus on capitalism. Soviet Communism was a failure because they failed to transition from a super poor post revolutionary country to communism, because they a) didn't know how to and b) shortly after Lenin died, the russian hitler - Statlin - took over an established his gruesome dictatorship.

And yes, I'm blaming capitalism, at least the unregulated free form of it with is dominant around the world. Short sighted decisions, unbelievable greed and exclusive focus on nothing but high profits - that's destroying the environment like nothing else.

oagboghi2

I think you - and some others on this forum - don't understand that China is not communist. They pretend to be communist, but are more of a dictatorship with a high focus on capitalism. Soviet Communism was a failure because they failed to transition from a super poor post revolutionary country to communism, because they a) didn't know how to and b) shortly after Lenin died, the russian hitler - Statlin - took over an established his gruesome dictatorship.

And yes, I'm blaming capitalism, at least the unregulated free form of it with is dominant around the world. Short sighted decisions, unbelievable greed and exclusive focus on nothing but high profits - that's destroying the environment like nothing else.
Holy shit, I've never seen someone deploy "its not real communism" so blatantly

thief183

The coronavirus is not the enemy. Humans are the true virus. The earth/nature is just fighting this disease (us humans) with its own ways, which is the corona virus. AIDS in modern times and the plague in the middle ages are another examples of that.

Neverending consumption and reckless capitalism/greed for more is destroying the earth. Viruses are a way of the earth to restore balance in nature.

Humans are the cancer and nature is fighting it. We all get what we deserve in the end.

As far as I'm concerned we are totally part of nature.

If we are so bad why you let yourself live?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You don't get it. That's what communism is. It can never be implemented "properly" amongst humans, because it goes against our nature. Every attempt will also result in an oppressive dictatorship.

Rat Rage

You don't get it. That's what communism is. It can never be implemented "properly" amongst humans, because it goes against our nature. Every attempt will also result in an oppressive dictatorship.

I'm not for communism by the way.

Top Bottom