• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So PlayStation revoked my Death Stranding PS5 update..

This sounds like an issue where you own the vanilla PS4 version on disc, paid $10 to upgrade to PS5 vanilla version, then were getting the PS5 DC version through Plus.

The system is trying to charge you $10 again because of this. There are four separate SKUs on the PS Store:

PS4 Standard
PS4 Deluxe
PS5 Standard
PS5 Deluxe

Try going to the game page on the store and changing to a different PS5 version than it is defaulting to and see if that results in getting a download option.

Are you sure its not a region issue? I had a EU copy of DS and downloaded the upgrade not thinking about regions (i was on a US account). Well it wasnt applied...so I had to login into my UK account and buy the upgrade there. Then it worked. DLC and all this other shit is very specific to where your game is from, especially phisical games. And yes I had a physical DS copy and was going through the same thing.

SO im going to assume you paid for the upgrade for teh PS+ version which is a different version than your disc is therefore, its invalid for the disc and you have to buy again.

solidus12

I bought the PS5 update and played it back in 2021, before subscribing to PS+ as there was no Extra or Premium tier.

Also there is only one SKU for the PS5 version which is the digital deluxe edition that you can buy for 10 bucks if you own the PS4 disc.

Here, check my receipt:

3ST4vxz.jpg

I sent PlayStation support and e-mail yesterday and another one today with a screenshot of the receipt. Hopefully they’ll figure something out.

Thebonehead

Banned
Have you uninstalled it like adamsapple adamsapple suggested?

Maybe you downloaded the psplus version at some point and there is some settings left over from it that expired when you didn't renew.

I had that with Resogun. Digital licence from PS4 days. Ps plus sub expired and so did my licence with it.... Until I uninstalled then reinstalled

Majormaxxx

So back in 2021, I purchased the PS5 update for Death Stranding, the 10$ upgrade that works with the PS4 disc.

With the game being on PS+ extra, I used my subscription to play it without having to insert the PS4 disc. Now that my PS+ subscription has expired, I have lost access to the PS5 version of Death Stranding, the version that I have purchased.

When I insert the PS4 disc, they ask me to pay 10$ for the PS5 update.

Help.
What you need to do is delete the game, then reinstall it from your disc.

kuncol02

Banned
Remember when Elon bought Twitter and then said the code behind it was a discombobulated mess ?

I bet the PlayStation store and network code is much the same.
It's way way worse. They spend decade if not more on adding ability to change user name. And it's still now working correctly. I'm honestly surprised that they didn't decided to start from scratch with PS5 and just import users purchased stuff and trophies from old service.

omegasc

Try installing the PS4 version, then it might allow you to download the update. Might be something like having all DLC for a game does not qualify you to download the GOTY edition, you have to download the regular + DLCs.

sainraja

Call support and speak to a person; don't settle for FAQs or quick answers by the bot. If you use chat, you can still connect with a live agent.

I still have 4 SKUs for Death Stranding on the US store--but perhaps it is different in other regions. Starting to wonder if whatever upgrade SKU you bought was replaced with another and that's causing the store not to recognize it.

solidus12

I still have 4 SKUs for Death Stranding on the US store--but perhaps it is different in other regions. Starting to wonder if whatever upgrade SKU you bought was replaced with another and that's causing the store not to recognize it.
Yeah it got replaced by the one they offered to PS+ members, now I can’t download my digital deluxe edition that I purchased for 10 bucks (by having the PS4 disc).

GeNoMe

Seems like Sony needs to work out some of these licensing bugs in relation to their convoluted subscription model. It's shit like this (among other things) that deters me from ever upgrading from the 'essential' plan.

Lunarorbit

I wonder if being a level 4.... Ah what do I call it? Level 4 on ps all stars! That's it.

Does that shit do anything? I think the only benefit is some sort of customer service thing.

Top Bottom