• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So help me NeoGaf........should I fly?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Hello all!

I have my wedding anniversay trip in September to fly to Glacier National Park in Montana. I've switched the trip from June to July to Sept. Have flight booked as well as a B&B and car rental. If I cancel due to concerns about flying in this pandemic, it would have to be by tomorrow. I would get a credit for the flight which I can use next year. Car rental would be refunded as well as the B&B reservation.

I haven't really heard of any issues with the virus spreading due to flying. They cycle the cabin air every 15 minutes and filter it. Masks are required.

We could drive to another National Park but that would require reserving another cabin and car. Plus it wouldn't be as scenic as Glacier National Park in Montana. So would you bite the bullet and just fly (4 hours)? I need to make a decision and I am torn.

Thanks!

I for one hate flying and the whole airport ordeal.

So I would suggest just make it a nice roadtrip, don't drive too much every day, see a bit of the country.
Should get ya a bunch of credit with the missus.

Tesseract

Banned
take flight, op

tenor.gif

Thaedolus

I’ve always wanted to go to glacier, we flew a little over a month ago and it was uneventful. Everyone wore masks and middle seats were kept open. Just be cool and keep the mask on and you’ll be fine.

My professional advice would be to go for it, as long as you and your partner don't have any preexisting conditions that place you at a higher risk of developing severe disease (if so, you shouldn't really be going out at all).

This is a question that my patients and friends ask me a lot, and that's basically what I tell them -- as well as to make sure they follow the proper precautions that we all should know very well by now.

Last edited:

deafmedal

Flying is fine. I’ve flown several times since this shit began, I waited around 5 weeks when lock downs started but I’ve traveled regularly since. A month ago I flew home, three days later flew to Seattle, 6 days later flew home and flew back to CA the next day. I’m flying home in a few hours and again Tuesday... I’ve also stayed at untold amounts of hotels and eaten out (mostly take out and delivery) a majority of the year for at least one meal a day.

Airports are nice now, not too crowded. Planes were better 3 months ago although the no middle seat thing is still nice- I had several flights with less than 10 passengers, that was dope!

Security lines seem to be operating better now but I don’t fuck with the pleb line 😉

Wear the stupid mask and enjoy your vacation!

I flew out to California from Connecticut on the 7th and took a rapid covid test (96.6 accuracy) and tested negative. Flying was fine, they space people out if there are empty seats and hand out sanitary wipes. Once the plane takes off and the filtration system kicks in, there's no real concern.

Just be safe; bring hand sanitizer if you're not wearing gloves, wear glasses for extra protection and never take your mask off.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Actually the B&B decided to close up early and cancelled our reservation since there was only us staying there then. Well, that solves that then. Roadtrip somewhere it is!

Banned
Actually the B&B decided to close up early and cancelled our reservation since there was only us staying there then. Well, that solves that then. Roadtrip somewhere it is!

I would still go. I'm sure there are chain hotels nearby.

Top Bottom