• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Pug said:
You are probably correct, but I saw speculation regarding the 360 prices and SKU changes about a month ago. I'm pretty sure the Elite price is comming down to coincide with the new PS3.

Agreed, it will come down, but just not to the 'Pro' price point (yet), I'm guessing £199.

noah111

Still Alive
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
http://i32.tinypic.com/34fjyhu.jpg[IMG]

Thats on the front page of kmart.com[/QUOTE]
It sure is, damn.. surprised its been up this long, surely Sony (or Sears/Kmart officials) would have done something if it was an 'accident' like Amazon's "Slim Konsole", right?

[QUOTE=Loudninja]If true?[/QUOTE]
I meant if it actually comes to fruition..

BigAT said:
For all current PS3 owners:

Do you think 120 GB is enough hard drive space or would it be better to just upgrade to something bigger from the get go? How easy or even possible is it to transfer data from an old PS3 drive to a new one when upgrading size?

I upgraded to 250GB and I'm only @ 55GB currently (9 months of us after upgrade).

SmokyDave

BigAT said:
For all current PS3 owners:

Do you think 120 GB is enough hard drive space or would it be better to just upgrade to something bigger from the get go? How easy or even possible is it to transfer data from an old PS3 drive to a new one when upgrading size?

With the prices of HDD's at the moment, unless you're strapped for cash, go for a 320, possibly a 500. You might as well do the job properly.

As long as you're only changing HDD's you can back up on the old one and restore on the new one seamlessly. It'll even save your download queue.

spwolf

Pug said:
You are probably correct, but I saw speculation regarding the 360 prices and SKU changes about a month ago. I'm pretty sure the Elite price is comming down to coincide with the new PS3.

you know since they are rising the price of Arcade in UK, i would think it is safe to say that Elite price is going to stay the same, and that will be your "price drop" in the UK... get it?

Purist

Neo Member
Sony PS3 Slim K-Mart Pre-Sell Link Live

http://bit.ly/hjeCm

kmartps31.jpg

kmartps32.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TheBranca18 said:
Transferring stuff is easy, but you'll lose certain save files that are encrypted.
Like what? Is there a list of games whose save files are encrypted?

Foil said:
Nobody knows yet. Hopefully it does, but odds are that it won't.

If it does I'll likely sell my 60GB unit and upgrade to the Slim, assuming the redesign looks nice. If not, then I'm fine with my current model.
Yeah, I'm still a little irked that Sony made a big deal about playing PS2 games on your PS3, then dropped the compatibility like a hot potato to save, like, $25 or something per console made.

spwolf

Psychotext said:
Yes. As long as you don't plan on storing all your videos on it. But that's not a good idea anyway when you can get PS3 media server streaming and transcoding on your PC.

this... 120 GB is plenty... spend your money on pc media server :)

Dragon

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Like what? Is there a list of games whose save files are encrypted?

A google search netted: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=141077 as the best list that I've seen in the five seconds I looked.

twinturbo2 said:
Yeah, I'm still a little irked that Sony made a big deal about playing PS2 games on your PS3, then dropped the compatibility like a hot potato to save, like, $25 or something per console made.

Think about how much that 25 dollars is when you're talking about millions of consoles.

twinturbo2 said:
... so, will the PS3 Slim have PS2 compatibility or not? Just wondering, because my 80GB model with partial PS2 compatibility is doing just fine, but still...

Yeah I have a 80gb too for PS2 BC also, but man is that thing LOUD AS FUCK in comparision to my Grey PS3 =/

120GB will be a breath of fresh air for me. Granted I still have about 20GB left on my Launch 60GB but there's times when I've been under 10 and have deleted a fair bit off. Having 120 gives me no worries for probably the rest of this gen.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TheBranca18 said:
Think about how much that 25 dollars is when you're talking about millions of consoles.
I don't think it's bothering Nintendo to put GameCube compatibility, controller ports, and memory card slots in every Wii. I can pay extra to play PS2 games on a PS3.

OTOH, maybe Sony's working on software BC... then again, that didn't work too well for MS...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sentry said:
:lol

How many euros/pounds are we expecting this thing to come in at (based on Sony's past pricing methods)?

299 euros..

UK pounds is a bit tougher to say since everyone's shifting around their uk pricing a lot with the currency fluctuations.

Tideas

Banned
gofreak said:
299 euros..

UK pounds is a bit tougher to say since everyone's shifting around their uk pricing a lot with the currency fluctuations.

remember folks, Sony is a Japanese company, so you gotta do comparison of pound and yen, not pound and dollars.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Considering how the PS3 Slim and the PSP Go are/were the worst kept secrets in gaming, perhaps Sony took the "can't keep a secret to save their lives" torch from MS and ran with it... :lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
If the slim is revealed i will be surprised that Sony themselves have been able to keep it "secret" or at least not 100% confirmed till a few hours beforehand.

Dragon

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
I don't think it's bothering Nintendo to put GameCube compatibility, controller ports, and memory card slots in every Wii. I can pay extra to play PS2 games on a PS3.

Why are you comparing the Wii to the PS3? That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. The two situations are not even remotely close.

noah111

Still Alive
gofreak said:
299 euros..

I thought so, pounds was basically what I was wondering about, sorry to the guys in UK, probably will get screwed..

Conference is in only a few hours, wonder if we will be seeing leaked pics, or if the people trying to leak info this year just don't give a fuck anymore (slim is common knowledge now).

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
If the slim is revealed i will be surprised that Sony themselves have been able to keep it "secret" or at least not 100% confirmed till a few hours beforehand.

Sony has kept PS3 Slim as a secret? seriously? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom